FlipBook Scouting Guide Topic

Benis and I are working on getting the HD 3.0 guide into an online magazine format.

The scouting section is just about complete now. We will be working on the recruiting section over the next few days as well.

This will give you complete information in an easy to use format. There is a Table of Contents, and if you want to skip to that topic, just click on it, and it will automatically send you to that page.

Here is a link to it.

Once you are on it, you can click on a page to zoom in.
8/21/2016 9:46 AM (edited)
Would love to hear thoughts on the formatting. We were thinking something like this would be better than a forum post. A google doc could also work but it's easier to do stuff in Word.

It's still a work in progress and we'd like to do sections on recruiting, strategies and a FAQ.

Also, if you see anything that is factually incorrect, let us know.
8/20/2016 9:24 AM
Awesome start!

I would prefer a format that turned pages using the Left and right arrows and scrolled up and down using those arrows but I am being really nitpicky.
8/20/2016 9:28 AM
Yeah - No way to do that using the software. I did add a cover page, and on the table of contents you can click on each item and it takes you directly to that page
8/20/2016 10:12 AM
Sweet!
8/20/2016 10:46 AM
I'll advertise for you in Wooden chapel.
8/20/2016 10:52 AM
Very nice! Great work, guys.

You might try to get the last line of Scouted Camp up with the rest of Scouted Camp. On my computer it appears on the next page by itself.
You might mention that you have to choose the division you're going to FSS before you complete the FSS. That is new to HD3.0.
8/20/2016 11:13 AM
Yeah I noticed that too. Its still far from finished so the formatting is still being worked. I'll edit the screenshot to call out the division.
8/20/2016 11:34 AM
Love the content, don't care for the magazine flipbook thingy. These mag apps are best used for copyrighted content; they're way more cumbersome to use than a PDF.

Not trying to be a diq, you've got a great idea here, I'd just suggest moving to PDF (or maybe even a Wordpress HTML setup to preserve the hyperlinks?) for simplicity for everyone involved.
8/20/2016 12:12 PM
I think it will preserve Hyperlinks, but I don't think there are any in there right now. I can automatically add them. I did add links on the index page so that you can click on the index and go right to the topic. But, it doesn't matter to me how we end up doing it. This is the only thing I know how to do - LOL.
8/20/2016 1:24 PM
Posted by chapelhillne on 8/20/2016 1:24:00 PM (view original):
I think it will preserve Hyperlinks, but I don't think there are any in there right now. I can automatically add them. I did add links on the index page so that you can click on the index and go right to the topic. But, it doesn't matter to me how we end up doing it. This is the only thing I know how to do - LOL.
chapelhillne...another excellent move to help with the 3.0 transition. It's great to see some active Coaches doing what they can to help those who weren't on the Beta.
Kudos.
8/20/2016 4:04 PM
Nice job fellas.
8/20/2016 10:17 PM
Thanks guys! We have just updated it again. It is up to 14 pages, and should be just about complete for the scouting section now.

Benis is the one designing and updating the pages, so for this he is doing the lion's share of the work. I am taking what he does, adding it in to the flip books program, and creating the Table of Contents and adding links from the Table of Contents to the pages.

Benis says he may work on the recruiting section today, and we will add it to the book.

I'd eventually like to add the other aspects of the game to have a complete Player's Guide. I think this would help retain new users. I'd like to add a Glossary to if, where if someone has a certain topic they need to know about, they can look it up easily.

Also, in Safari, I had to clear the Cache to see the most updated version. If you still see the Table of Contents on the first page, try that.
8/21/2016 9:37 AM (edited)
I'll try to get some done today but I'm pretty hungover. Had a long night.

But she's coming along nicely. We'll get there.
8/21/2016 10:56 AM
Perhaps something should be mentioned about walk-ons not under scholarship...rather than simply highlighting graduating Seniors???
Do you get credit for an open scholarship/roster position when determining the Scouting and/or Recruiting budgets? I don't think the answers are necessarily intuitively obvious so it might be worth clarification with a simple line of text or two.
8/21/2016 12:31 PM
123 Next ▸
FlipBook Scouting Guide Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.