How often do you scout more than once? Topic

I had never done before last season, and lo and behold, I scouted 3 players a second time, and two of them had different potential, one higher, one lower.

Even stranger, I scouted 7 players a second time this cycle and 6 of them were different, and two were much higher rated.

Anybody else had experience with this? It may have value, but I wonder how many times it would take to get an accurate evaluation?
8/20/2016 7:17 PM
Not to divulge to much but I routinely scout players more than once and I have not found anything along those lines.
8/20/2016 9:30 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I think he seeing the "recruit" version of the report. The one where instead of the ac scout speaking it is the recruit himself. Normally starts of like, "I saw your representative watching me in the stand."
8/21/2016 1:14 AM
Could be. I always do asst coach scout but maybe the message is different (from the player) the second time. I haven't paid that close attention. I'll check it next recruiting I do. One of these last ones, the second message was "amazing upside" and that is a player's message. Still the message/rating was different from the first.
8/21/2016 4:08 PM
A player's message saying amazing upside could be a potential 3 or 4. You never know for sure. From what we have learned through other threads, player's messages don't distinguish between 3 or 4. But as far as we all know, if an assistant coach says he is a potential 3, then that is what you believe.
8/21/2016 5:58 PM
I know this goes against any logical thinking, but over the last 10 or so seasons I have reduced my scouting trips and have come to rely on WE, GPA and player ratings over scouting reports. Using this method I have saved a lot of $$$ and have signed a number of players that have shown tremendous growth over their college career. My freshmen class is never rated #1 by "Guess" standards, however with playing time, key redshirting and roster management I have had some players make huge improvements without sacrificing team results.
8/22/2016 5:45 AM
How often do you scout more than once? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.