How do you matchup? Topic

How do you guys compare your team to other teams in terms of offensive line vs defensive line (for running and passing) and receivers vs. DB for passing? Do you just put stats in to spreadsheets?

I've seen guys post on the forums and someone else comebacks that one team was better than the other for running or passing. Is it just by 'feel' from experience or do people put stats into spreadsheets?
8/21/2016 7:56 PM
If you ask 100 different coaches you'd probably get 100 different answers. The first thing I do is look at what formations they use and how many players they have at each position. If they run a 5-2 and have 6 dl they're going to have problems stopping the run. I played a team not to long ago that ran the ndb and only had two te. I blitzed outside frequently and got quite a few sacks.

After er that I look at individual match ups and coach tendincies. If they're wr are faster than my dbs I'll likely use deeper coverages. If the coach only throws short on 3rd and short I'll use shorter coverage.
8/21/2016 8:29 PM
How do you matchup? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.