Should this guy be shooting 3's? Topic

https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=0&pid=3346140

I currently have him set at -2 due to his BH. Typically when I have guys with his SPD and PER ratings I would set them at -1. Just wanted some thoughts from more seasoned players so that I can maximize his talent.

Thanks in advance.
8/22/2016 10:10 AM
Heck yes - I would set him at 0 and see what happens
8/22/2016 10:23 AM
Youre playing that guy at SF right? I'd think he could be a very good scorer at SF with that ath, SPD, lp and per. BH and pass isn't too good for a SG.
8/22/2016 10:36 AM
Posted by Benis on 8/22/2016 10:36:00 AM (view original):
Youre playing that guy at SF right? I'd think he could be a very good scorer at SF with that ath, SPD, lp and per. BH and pass isn't too good for a SG.
Yes. I am playing him at SF. Sorry, I should have mentioned that in the OP. He averaged 17ppg as a RS Freshman last year and won National D3 Freshman of the year. Only took 1 3 pointer all season. He was very efficient from the field. I just wasn't sure if I could get even more out of him if I let him shoot from deep.
8/22/2016 10:59 AM
Posted by mullycj on 8/22/2016 10:23:00 AM (view original):
Heck yes - I would set him at 0 and see what happens
I set him at -1 in my exhibition games and he went 0-5 from 3 point range. I know it is a small sample size but he was just so efficient last season I didn't want to screw it up and set him back to -2 once the games started to count.
8/22/2016 11:01 AM
He probably won't take THAT many 3s since his LP is so high. But could get some here and there to increase scoring load.
8/22/2016 11:04 AM
My conference schedule is very soft. I will see how efficient he can be with more jump shots to see how I want to use him. Thanks for the advice guys.
8/22/2016 11:16 AM
I'd have him at -1 at the most. That ath, sp, lp combo at D3 is excellent for a sg/sf. He will turn it over against good pressing teams because of his bh but he should get to the line 8+ times a game, easily.
8/22/2016 12:18 PM
The lack of ballhandling could hold really hold him back from being an elite scorer. I'm actually curious to know whether the high IQ plays a part in whether he knows not to drive with his lack of BH. The Ath/Spd/PE/LP is deadly for a D-3 SF. I would check the pbp to see where his turnovers are coming from.
8/22/2016 6:49 PM
Posted by thewizard17 on 8/22/2016 6:49:00 PM (view original):
The lack of ballhandling could hold really hold him back from being an elite scorer. I'm actually curious to know whether the high IQ plays a part in whether he knows not to drive with his lack of BH. The Ath/Spd/PE/LP is deadly for a D-3 SF. I would check the pbp to see where his turnovers are coming from.
Will do. Thanks for the advice.
8/22/2016 8:21 PM
Should this guy be shooting 3's? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.