Transfers, JC players?? Topic

Well .. .why would JUCOs be available to everyone and not regular recruits. Does FSS not show JUCOs? FSS is really cheap now. Once you have a JUCO scouted to level 1, you can then scout them individually if you want.

If FSS does not also include JUCOs then that does kind of suck. (I don't have a team in the test world to check right now).
8/24/2016 11:41 AM
FSS 3.0 includes Jucos, available to scout through discovery and dumb luck.

In real life, there is a national Juco scene that coaches can easily focus on specifically without just scouting a whole state and gee golly I sure hope a decent Juco or two shows up amongst all the freshmen I don't need. The 3.0 concept of recruiting the Juco market this way is simply surreal to me.

In full disclosure, I should note I personally dislike the entire "discovery" model since it feels so old timey. It would make more sense if the number of recruits had been increased, but nope. And the hiding of Jucos is particularly odd.
8/24/2016 12:04 PM (edited)
I'd say jucos and transfers being visible to all teams has similar logic to why the top 100 are visible to all teams. They are more scarce and "precious" than a 4 year player. Teams would want to battle for them, I think.
8/24/2016 12:18 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 8/24/2016 12:04:00 PM (view original):
FSS 3.0 includes Jucos, available to scout through discovery and dumb luck.

In real life, there is a national Juco scene that coaches can easily focus on specifically without just scouting a whole state and gee golly I sure hope a decent Juco or two shows up amongst all the freshmen I don't need. The 3.0 concept of recruiting the Juco market this way is simply surreal to me.

In full disclosure, I should note I personally dislike the entire "discovery" model since it feels so old timey. It would make more sense if the number of recruits had been increased, but nope. And the hiding of Jucos is particularly odd.
If they show up on FSS, and if FSS shows everyone in a state (my understanding is that it does), then how are they hidden? They would be treated just like any other recruit, right?

Not trying to argue, just trying to understand how they are different than any other recruit .. All recruits are hidden until discovered, I don't see any reason to treat JUCOs any differently. Can you specifically only look for 4 year players?
8/24/2016 12:51 PM
Because we used to be able to scout JUST JUCOS.
The fact that this tool is no longer available is regressive.
8/24/2016 1:01 PM
Posted by TRrrr on 8/24/2016 1:01:00 PM (view original):
Because we used to be able to scout JUST JUCOS.
The fact that this tool is no longer available is regressive.
No, you used to be able to see everyone without discovering them. Then you could then pick JUCOs or other people to drill down (with scouting trips, mail, calls, etc) on and get info on.them.

Now you have to discover everyone (JUCO or 4 year) .. and ONCE you find them, you can drill down on whomever you want. You can send individual scouting trips to jucos once you find them .. and you can find them all.

In both cases (old game and new game) JUCOs and 4 years players are treated the same. In the game now, you are not scouting all JUCOs, you are scouting individual JUCOs that you have found. You can find all JUCOs with FSS (Just like you can find all 4 year players with FSS).

I would not actually have a problem though if they added an 'Eligible Years' drop down box for the assistant coach scouting trips, and you could pick all or 1, 2, 3, 4. It would be convenient.
8/24/2016 4:30 PM
"If they show up on FSS, and if FSS shows everyone in a state (my understanding is that it does), then how are they hidden? They would be treated just like any other recruit, right?"

Right.

"No, you used to be able to see everyone without discovering them. Then you could then pick JUCOs or other people to drill down (with scouting trips, mail, calls, etc) on and get info on.them.
Now you have to discover
everyone (JUCO or 4 year) .. and ONCE you find them, you can drill down on whomever you want. You can send individual scouting trips to jucos once you find them .. and you can find them all."

Right again. You're right on the money.
8/24/2016 6:01 PM
So jucos and transfers are discoverable through scouting methods? So if I scout a state and then a transfer hits the market for the 2nd cycle is he automatically scouted or do I need to pay an additional $15?
8/24/2016 8:35 PM
Hughesjr- I think you are playing semantics games.
You used to be able to "recruit search" just jucos ... or just transfers ... or just high school.
This search is no longer available ... which is NOT a plus for the new recruiting.
8/25/2016 6:19 PM
Posted by phalla on 8/25/2016 6:19:00 PM (view original):
Hughesjr- I think you are playing semantics games.
You used to be able to "recruit search" just jucos ... or just transfers ... or just high school.
This search is no longer available ... which is NOT a plus for the new recruiting.
This is false. The advanced search option (at least in beta) does provide this option as a search criteria. The problem in beta is there have been very few jucos, and transfers do not automatically show up - so there is a question on how they are discoverable unless they contact your school directly.
8/25/2016 6:28 PM
OK, I see the advance search under the "recruit pool". I search all divisions, all positions, with no conditions ... and I get 4 jucos!?!
That is obviously messed up.
I use the recruit pool and search high school all divisions all positions with no conditions ... and I only get 110 recruits!!
What the hell is the recruit pool searching????????
For your assistant coach scouting there is no option for JC's or transfers .. which is where it should be.
I don't know if I am more confused or annoyed.
Either way, I'm getting real unhappy with the new recruiting.
8/25/2016 6:47 PM
Posted by TRrrr on 8/25/2016 6:47:00 PM (view original):
OK, I see the advance search under the "recruit pool". I search all divisions, all positions, with no conditions ... and I get 4 jucos!?!
That is obviously messed up.
I use the recruit pool and search high school all divisions all positions with no conditions ... and I only get 110 recruits!!
What the hell is the recruit pool searching????????
For your assistant coach scouting there is no option for JC's or transfers .. which is where it should be.
I don't know if I am more confused or annoyed.
Either way, I'm getting real unhappy with the new recruiting.
I think a lot of people have complained that the number of jucos is problematic. I posted earlier that a search of my discovered recruits from this past season in beta showed I had discovered 350+ recruits of which 2 were jucos.

My question to you would be have you done any scouting yet? FSS'd? camps? assistant trips? The search function will only show you players you have discovered and initially the only recruits that you have discovered are the top 100 rated players ... you get those for free. But essentially the first stage of scouting is really discovery and FSS is the "cheapest" way to discover talent - $15 per player. It won't do you any good to try to search recruits by JCs or transfers if you haven't discovered them yet.
8/25/2016 7:00 PM
Under the old HD 2.0, *ALL* recruits were visible and you could use the search filters to find recruits which match those criteria.

In the new HD 3.0, when scouting begins, only the Top 100 recruits are visible using the Recruit Pool search. You need to "discover" recruits using the other scouting tools first if you want to see the other recruits not in the Top 100. You can use camps, FSS, or your own assistant scout to go out and discover new recruits (or get additional scouting info on known recruits).

In the new HD 3.0 system, there are 5 levels of scouting levels:

Level 0: Recruit is invisible to you. All recruits except those in the Top 100 start at this level.
Level 1: Recruit is now visible. You see a blended grade for 4 categories.
Level 2: Individual grades are now shown for each attribute.
Level 3: More precise grades are shown (ex. A+, B-) and potential is shown using colors.
Level 4: Grades are replaced with precise numerical values.
8/25/2016 7:08 PM
Well, you should be able to "discover" just Jucos if that is what you are interested in.
Which you could do in 2.0.
This is bleepin' stupid.
8/25/2016 8:03 PM
◂ Prev 12
Transfers, JC players?? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.