Did the "Day Off" disappear from the schedule? Topic

My team in Smith just played game 26 and i went to game plan for the first game in the CT. I had no game scheduled then saw that some other teams only played 25 games. I just noticed that the "day off" in the schedule does not exist any longer. I looked through my schedules in all 8 worlds and there are days missing that must have been the off day?

Not a big deal but just noticed it.
8/23/2016 7:36 PM
Same thing in Phelan. No off days listed anymore.

Don't you just LOVE how the customers are kept informed?
8/24/2016 10:13 PM
Come on man .. they said they were going to shut the game down for a month to do these roll overs .. and instead they devised a plan where they are running different server instances and are shifting the worlds one at a time. That makes the process extremely complex .. something that initially did not want to do.

Surely since they have made this major effort to not shut the game down for a month .. maybe we can cut them just a little slack while they do this transition period?

I guess not.
8/24/2016 10:31 PM
Danm, hughes, well put. Welcome back!
8/25/2016 12:04 AM
No Slack! This has nothing to do with the change over. A simple notice would have gone a long way. We pay for this game and deserve a measure of respect from those whose jobs depend on us buying this product. Not keeping the coaches informed has been a growing problem for months.
Maybe HD Admin took on too much with 3.0 and it implementation?
8/25/2016 1:09 AM (edited)
As a coach, I would like to be informed of any change in the game. If not for us the customer, WIS would not exist. It is easy for one to perceive WIS does not understand even the most basic business rules. The world does not need another customer service nightmare like cable/satellite providers.
8/25/2016 1:18 AM
you just have to look for it - the only change is that it no longer says that its a day off...
http://imgur.com/a/DM8LR

8/25/2016 9:14 AM
Are you guys referring to days off in conference play or the day off after the non-conference schedule?
8/25/2016 9:26 AM
Posted by hughesjr on 8/24/2016 10:31:00 PM (view original):
Come on man .. they said they were going to shut the game down for a month to do these roll overs .. and instead they devised a plan where they are running different server instances and are shifting the worlds one at a time. That makes the process extremely complex .. something that initially did not want to do.

Surely since they have made this major effort to not shut the game down for a month .. maybe we can cut them just a little slack while they do this transition period?

I guess not.
+1
8/25/2016 9:45 AM
Posted by hughesjr on 8/24/2016 10:31:00 PM (view original):

I guess not.
You mean expect them to do their job properly? Yeah I guess your expectations of HD has gotten pretty low.
8/25/2016 11:10 AM
Well, if I hated the game as much as you guys, I dang sure wouldn't pay to play it.
8/25/2016 11:22 AM
NO SLACK!
It is not hate for a paying customer to expect basic customer service. It has nothing to do with the game itself or not having a month shutdown, but such spin is a amateurish attempt to distract from the real issue. Note in my original post and in this one, I did not criticize the game in any way. It was a WIS decision to institute 3.0 and it is their responsibility to cause as little disruption as possible. At one point updates were sent out regularly and there was no requirement to search for them. Where in the FAQ, Players Guide, Hoops 101, Developers Chats or in Release Notes (none published in 90+ days) does it mention players consult imgur for updates? The level of service is trending downward and there are no signs of improvement.
8/25/2016 1:41 PM
Count me a part of the "NO SLACK" movement!
8/25/2016 1:44 PM
Interesting thread. I am with the No Slack crowd. Why should anyone settle for being taken for granted?
8/25/2016 1:48 PM
the day off between non-conf and conference had existed for 10+ years.
Initially it was explained to me that this day was needed to allow scheduling to fit all the games that had not been scheduled the previous season. Some teams that hadn't scheduled would have a bye during the non-conference schedule and play during this "off" day between non-conf and conference play. Some even played 11 non-conf games to allow the schedule to work.

I first noticed a little more than one year ago, that this off-day would occasionally be missing. Maybe happening about 1/3 of the time since then.
Practices still end before the CT Championship game. The teams with a day off will practice 34 times. The teams with no off day practice 33 times.
8/25/2016 1:53 PM (edited)
Did the "Day Off" disappear from the schedule? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.