violation of private world rues Topic

so we have a newy merged world in season 1 & we brought over a couple rues from our original 17 season world trout;
  1. Win Floor is 60 at any point in one’s ownership history
  • There’s an old saying about baseball that “everyone wins 60, everyone loses 60 & it’s what happens in the other 42 that make a difference”. We are in Season 1 of our new merger but season 18 of Trout and combining with the talent from Brett (Season 9) there “should’ be numerous available, cost effective solutions to roster deficiencies to achieve this floor. Whether through free agency or trades with owners who have a surplus of AAAA level players that could achieve a “competitive” squad to meet these minimums and still be cost effective towards a long term goal of “rebuilding “the organization. The Owners sole goal should not be 4 straight seasons of top 3 picks & monster IFA’s at all costs. It can still be done if that’s the desire, but in a more appropriate manner please.
  • Failure to meet this 60 win minimum results in a probationary season the following rollover in which prospect budget is reduced to a maximum 20 million instead of the standard 30 million. Use that 20 mil you would have transferred on your ML squad please get back to winning.
  • Failure to meet it twice in a row is expulsion.
  1. Prospect Budget: 30 mil max no exceptions, plan accordingly.
  • At no point during a season is your prospect budget to be over 30 million. Any owner who mistakenly over transfers this amount will be given the chance to readjust that discrepancy in a timely fashion. Utilizing that mistake in any transaction IFA or Draft signing) before rectifying it is cause for immediate dismissal.
so perhaps i have slipped since i didn't catch it until right now with 2 weeks to go in regular season but i have an owner who not only wont win the 60 (hes at .340% & needs .370%) but transferred up to 37 mil (7 over cap) and spent it all....will i have the power through WIS to eject him or our rules toothless tigers?
8/23/2016 7:52 PM
The Prospects rule requires the owner be notified and the way it's worded only allows for dismissal if the owner ignores that notice and subsequently spends the money anyway. Since there was no notice given, there was no violation that's enforceable. The probationary season should be enforceable, though asking that such owners use the money to "please get back to winning" is meaningless as a rule. The first rule under Wins Floor is also meaningless, as it's not a rule but a short essay. Rules should be concise and black-and-white to make them as enforceable as possible. There are owners who would fight removal based on the rule stating that four straight seasons of top 3 picks & monster IFA's at all costs "can still be done of desired" and argue that's how they intent to please get back to winning. Support looks for reasons to reject removal requests. Rules that require monitoring are problematic. As soon as one violation is missed, a future violator can point to that and claim he's being singled out because he was put on notice while someone else wasn't.
8/24/2016 1:28 AM
well i thought the rules were short & concise as they are in bold type - everything after that is admittedly an essay as to why the rule is in place to begin with
8/24/2016 1:53 AM
If the actual rules are only what's in bold, they need to include the penalties. And as noted the penalty stated for violating the Prospects cap is conditional on the owner spending the money after being notified. The penalties being mixed in with the explanation makes it unclear what is a rule and what is background. That's important when someone fights expulsion.
1-Wins floor is 60 games. A team failing to win 60 ML games in any season will have a $20M cap on Prospects money, including transfers, the following season. Failure to win 60 games in consecutive seasons will result in the owner's removal from the world.
2-Prospects budget cap $30M. Exceeding the cap will result in removal. (you can add something about having a warning if you want, keeping in mind that requiring a warning puts the burden on the commissioner to catch violations before the money is spent).

The rest of it should either be in the blog or below the rules with a clear label stating that they are an explanation, not part of the rules. Support will grasp on to any excuse to keep an owner in a world. The fewer possible excuses you give them the better. Support doesn't want to know why you have the rules, it just wants to know what they are and that everyone understands them.
8/24/2016 1:15 PM
good advice moving forward thanks
8/24/2016 1:28 PM
and the owner in question (i believe) has agreed to not re-up and will leave
* the trade chat is kinda vague and can be taken in a different way but i will stay positive at this point
8/24/2016 1:29 PM
violation of private world rues Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.