New Recruiting strategies Topic

So we have this new recruiting method, which I'm fine with. Whatever. Anyway.......thought maybe some of the beta testers could share some of their different strategies for recruiting. Because to be honest, I'm still kind of lost and not really sure where to start or how to approach this.
8/24/2016 3:46 PM
Posted by Arfy on 8/24/2016 3:46:00 PM (view original):
So we have this new recruiting method, which I'm fine with. Whatever. Anyway.......thought maybe some of the beta testers could share some of their different strategies for recruiting. Because to be honest, I'm still kind of lost and not really sure where to start or how to approach this.
https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=495608&TopicsTimeframe=30 This is good to read and they are offering credits to the creators because its so thorough.

https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=495796&TopicsTimeframe=30 This is good to read to on strategies. But like most people I am not given new advice and won't untill I become a consistent winner at the game and have more time on me to become a mentor unlike CoachSpud who apparently has enough time and experience to mentor somebody new to the game. Coughs Coughs I wouldn't take any advice from him he has a horrible track record and just like me. I have a horrible track record to but you don't see me putting my name up on the new mentor list.
8/24/2016 3:54 PM
CoachWard, be real careful who you take on, buddy, real careful.

BTW, you didn't see me putting my name anywhere, did you?
8/24/2016 5:47 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 8/24/2016 5:47:00 PM (view original):

+1

8/24/2016 5:54 PM
Spud, here's what I did this season for recruiting:
I FSS'ed Illinois and Indiana, held a camp and then did an Assistant Search. That gave me a pretty good list of recruits that were already at Level 3. After that I sorted (and clicked and clicked) into a short list of targets and went from there. Now, after the first two season of beta I didn't bother going after D1 guys because I'm too impatient to wait for that second session. This season though I wanted to try the process and sure enough I'm waiting for a D2 guy to sign in the last session. I may try this process in Knight two seasons from now, as I have no one to recruit this time around. I don't know if it's the best, or even a good system, but for me it was manageable and worked. Hope you find a system that works for you.
8/24/2016 6:05 PM

Why does he need to be careful, real careful?

A person could almost interpret that as a threat.....
8/24/2016 6:13 PM
Posted by p6453 on 8/24/2016 6:06:00 PM (view original):
Spud, here's what I did this season for recruiting:
I FSS'ed Illinois and Indiana, held a camp and then did an Assistant Search. That gave me a pretty good list of recruits that were already at Level 3. After that I sorted (and clicked and clicked) into a short list of targets and went from there. Now, after the first two season of beta I didn't bother going after D1 guys because I'm too impatient to wait for that second session. This season though I wanted to try the process and sure enough I'm waiting for a D2 guy to sign in the last session. I may try this process in Knight two seasons from now, as I have no one to recruit this time around. I don't know if it's the best, or even a good system, but for me it was manageable and worked. Hope you find a system that works for you.
p6453, that's about what I do, too, and it works simply and well. FSS an area, hold a large hosted camp and if you need to discover more recruits, attend a public camp. Getting high-high's without a score of useless emails from the assistant coach makes it a breeze.

Actually, I like to host the camp first if I can and be a little selective with FSS if I can. Works just as well.
8/24/2016 6:22 PM
Posted by Arfy on 8/24/2016 3:46:00 PM (view original):
Coachward already linked to it but Chapel and I put together a Scouting guide already and are working the recruiting guide now. Strategies will come soon too.

But you have time before recruiting starts so read through the scouting guide and try to learn a bit about the new mechanics. Take your time.
8/24/2016 6:30 PM
I scouted about 200 recruits (FSS) around me and hosted a max private camp. I then individually scouted some dudes I liked to level four.
8/24/2016 6:39 PM

On the mentor list when I get home i'll link to the mentor list. I'm not trying to argue or debate here. Care to show some real intelligence before stating something?
8/24/2016 8:44 PM
Real men don't use mentors.............
Man up nancy!
8/24/2016 9:46 PM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 8/24/2016 8:44:00 PM (view original):

On the mentor list when I get home i'll link to the mentor list. I'm not trying to argue or debate here. Care to show some real intelligence before stating something?
Think, man, think (if I'm not setting the bar too high).

Find the mentor list, and you'll see that nobody put themselves on that list except chapel. He's the only one who puts anyone on the list. Then find the post where I asked to be on the list (hint, it doesn't exist). Then come back on and apologize if you're man enough.
8/24/2016 11:59 PM
New Recruiting strategies Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.