A long time ago I read that to gain any benefit for position practice, (hands, tackling, blocking, etc), you needed to put in at least 7 minutes, also that anything over 20 to 23 minutes didn't add value. Can anyone say whether or not this has changed? In playing around with my practice times I let the computer select, (meaning I set the quarterback to pass, runningback to speed, etc), the defaults filled in the times for each position and I got times anywhere from 1 min to 49. Do the smaller or larger times hurt or benefit each skill? Thanks
8/24/2016 4:50 PM
You'll probably get a different answer from each coach that answers. Imo 7 or 8 is the minimum you need to see some kind of improvement. As far as a max number I don't think there is one. I believe that there is a point of diminishing returns around 20 minutes. That's not to say that 30 minutes won't help a player more than 20 would. Basically if you get 20 points improvement for 20 minutes of practice time (no way accurate but easier math) then 30 minutes would get you 25 points of improvement.

Of of course you also need to factor in we, potential, playing time, and how far advanced a players stat already is. Once you get an attribute to 90 then it's harder to get that attribute to increase.
8/24/2016 6:43 PM
Thanks spcbuzzard
8/25/2016 4:29 PM
I would love to see some real data. I have the sense as well that 23 minutes is the point where if you go over, you start to see diminishing returns -- though i don't have solid data.
8/30/2016 2:02 PM
Experiment. It's what most of us have done.
9/4/2016 7:36 AM
You mean...like...what....do actual work?? What do you think we're trying to escape when we're ON this site.. ;)
9/19/2016 3:51 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.