#31708 - FULL :-).. Topic

I am in with Boston.
8/29/2016 6:10 AM (edited)
Posted by BlueBladeAce on 8/29/2016 9:17:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bb_icetime on 8/28/2016 5:21:00 PM (view original):
Are franchises exclusive?
I will allow a franchise to be taken twice. Otherwise the last 4-5 in are stuck with culls. We have ten in already, so 14 more might pick 4-5 of the above. Still some great goodies out there. Will stick my second team in after the night game.

My first team has some shortcomings.. not fair to take the cream of the crop before the others are here
It was great the way it was. Combine the odd franchises to make up. I think I may opt out if we have multiple franchises. Basically, two of the same team. Like the variety.
8/29/2016 2:06 PM
Posted by kiteport on 8/29/2016 2:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by BlueBladeAce on 8/29/2016 9:17:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bb_icetime on 8/28/2016 5:21:00 PM (view original):
Are franchises exclusive?
I will allow a franchise to be taken twice. Otherwise the last 4-5 in are stuck with culls. We have ten in already, so 14 more might pick 4-5 of the above. Still some great goodies out there. Will stick my second team in after the night game.

My first team has some shortcomings.. not fair to take the cream of the crop before the others are here
It was great the way it was. Combine the odd franchises to make up. I think I may opt out if we have multiple franchises. Basically, two of the same team. Like the variety.
Kiteport. what does this do for the guy who comes in late, and has just 7 teams left to choose from?
If you have to leave, I think you will miss out on a great league. I kind of doubt we will see the same team twice.. maybe 8-9 of the same players. Even then, possibly they will be different seasons.

I am always in your leagues, even though capping the goalies totally bugs me.. for eg I miss on a 91.53% tender with most of his p-g-played like 72/80 but nothing is ever perfect. So hang in here

What just might be the best team defensively and with great offence... has not yet been chosen. If someone takes the Av's Nord's, then they didn't take the best available team.. so HOMEWORK.. do it

8/29/2016 9:09 PM (edited)
So I see while I was messing around Chuckinrlp grabbed both teams I was looking at. I'm going to assume he has a great mind.

With the twist I think I can put together a competitive NJ Devils squad and will enter them.
8/30/2016 2:44 PM
What are some of the teams that are considered lesser or weak in this type of league with this high cap? Not looking to pick a fight, just curious.
8/30/2016 4:08 PM
I totally understand. Usually I would put a limit on something to even it out. Or make owners who want a second team take a lesser team as the 2nd. But it's all cool.

I'm still in.
8/30/2016 4:13 PM
Awesome, and I am happy to have you aboard. I won't name weaker teams because guys are still picking teams, but you well know that some teams are very strong on D rates up front AND on the back end. Ask chuck if this isn't a biggie. Some teams are terrible. Eg: Compare LA or Boston to the Leafs. (Remember we can twist)

With a theme league, there will always be something some guys don't like. Y'can't please everyone, so I try to figure what 'sells' and once in a while, I get it right

My Boston team ought to be tough to score on, and whoever gets the Habs has great D front and back.
8/31/2016 3:32 AM (edited)
Posted by millz on 8/30/2016 2:44:00 PM (view original):
So I see while I was messing around Chuckinrlp grabbed both teams I was looking at. I'm going to assume he has a great mind.

With the twist I think I can put together a competitive NJ Devils squad and will enter them.
Teams can be used twice. So have at 'er
8/31/2016 3:22 AM
I'll take the 2nd NY Ranger team.
8/31/2016 12:15 PM
Posted by BlueBladeAce on 8/31/2016 3:22:00 AM (view original):
Posted by millz on 8/30/2016 2:44:00 PM (view original):

Teams can be used twice. So have at 'er
I know but I'll try and mix it up a bit. Probably going to add a second team but working out which one right now. Maybe Philly, maybe Hartford/Carolina, maybe NYI.
8/31/2016 12:46 PM
I'm in for Chicago and Montreal (got an interesting idea for the Canadiens).
8/31/2016 1:07 PM
I will give it a go with the Leafs
8/31/2016 6:46 PM
Put me down for the Jets/Coyotes
8/31/2016 9:37 PM
Posted by bb_icetime on 8/31/2016 1:07:00 PM (view original):
I'm in for Chicago and Montreal (got an interesting idea for the Canadiens).
FINALLY someone took Chicago. Sleeper.. GOLD!

I almost made them team number two, but you are the guys who make this. So you get the candy
8/31/2016 10:05 PM
We have 17 in.

Ok: The league number is 31708.

WIS has raised the cap for us

Thanks to you all for joining. This is moving pretty nicely
9/2/2016 2:17 AM (edited)
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
#31708 - FULL :-).. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.