PF C difference Topic

I like to start Kinnison at C and Lukas at PF. Unfortunately, against great scorers at the 5, Kinnison just cant guard them. How much will it hurt me on the boards it I switch Kinnison and Lukas? And Ward, I don't want any wise-guy answers like get a "nu" center.
8/26/2016 11:24 AM
not much
go for it
8/26/2016 11:29 AM
Posted by cubcub113 on 8/26/2016 11:24:00 AM (view original):
I like to start Kinnison at C and Lukas at PF. Unfortunately, against great scorers at the 5, Kinnison just cant guard them. How much will it hurt me on the boards it I switch Kinnison and Lukas? And Ward, I don't want any wise-guy answers like get a "nu" center.
wow he called me wise. Thanks for the compliment.
8/26/2016 12:28 PM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 8/26/2016 12:28:00 PM (view original):
Are you kidding or not?
8/26/2016 12:39 PM
Posted by cubcub113 on 8/26/2016 12:39:00 PM (view original):
Are you kidding or not?
He's kidding. Er...probably.
8/26/2016 2:39 PM
This is the part of the game I really like, I'll just toss an alternative POV for you to consider. IMO when deciding between or among PF and C for several players, my first criteria is reb - best one to C. If that is a tie, I look to blk for C and def for PF AND SP to pf. And if I have two really good LP guys, I like splitting them up, so .... here is what I 'might' do:

3 man rotations, starter first:
PF: Lukas (sp and def, bad reb)
C: Foster (close on reb, best on sb, great LP)
backup at both: Kinneson (set his distro so he gets to shoot alot, same as Foster)
3rd string for both: jewel

I'd probably start Thompson at SF too, to me he is a SF difference maker.

Good luck, that is a great team.

8/26/2016 4:19 PM
Posted by oldresorter on 8/26/2016 4:19:00 PM (view original):
This is the part of the game I really like, I'll just toss an alternative POV for you to consider. IMO when deciding between or among PF and C for several players, my first criteria is reb - best one to C. If that is a tie, I look to blk for C and def for PF AND SP to pf. And if I have two really good LP guys, I like splitting them up, so .... here is what I 'might' do:

backup at both: Kinneson (set his distro so he gets to shoot alot, same as Foster)

First off, thanks a ton. I definitely hear you for the Kinnison double back-up but can Foster guard their center just tonight?

Usually, I would like to start Ducksworth over Thomson at SF, right? Thomson actually has high/high in BH and 15 points to go in Pa and Sp so that might be different by the end of the year; but right now, do you like Ducksworth or Thomson to start at SF?

Also, I have to deal with Lux. Liz only has 20 WE and still tons more to improve in so I would love to start him to pump that WE up in games I should win anyway. I would rather just put Potter at SF instead of starting Ducksworth/Thomson so I can put Wiess at point and Lux at SG, right? Or should I start Ducksworth/Thomson at SF and put
Potter at PG. Wiess should end at 97+ DE though, he'll still be great. Thanks to OR and however chooses to respond to my post.
8/26/2016 5:09 PM (edited)
Posted by cubcub113 on 8/26/2016 12:39:00 PM (view original):
Are you kidding or not?
I'm not kidding because I aint trying to be consider the normal person anymore.
8/26/2016 5:18 PM
OR's advice is excellent

and mully likely right not much impact

I will just add that you need to look at the overall capabilities of your players

for example - if I have three bigs who I think are about as good, but one is a better offensive player, I may put the better offensive player at backup in both slots - so it is harder to man up on him

or, if I have two bigs who are otherwise close, I look at BH and PASS and PERI and if one guy is better at that cluster, I'll put him at PF

OR, if I have one much better defender, I may move my guys around on a nonsense basis to confound opponents who try to pick on the weak defender......that happened more when I had more mid major teams and had to settle for some players

a big part of the game is building a roster with complementary skills - and once your roster is fixed developing a depth chart, distro and game plan that accentuates what your guys are good at

but you knew that from real ball!
8/26/2016 5:48 PM
Thomson or Ducksworth at SF?

Votes: 8
(Last vote received: 8/29/2016 9:34 AM)
8/26/2016 9:36 PM
Ducksworth- superior name.
8/26/2016 9:40 PM
Thomson is a PF.
8/26/2016 9:42 PM
Posted by cubcub113 on 8/26/2016 5:09:00 PM (view original):

First off, thanks a ton. I definitely hear you for the Kinnison double back-up but can Foster guard their center just tonight?

Usually, I would like to start Ducksworth over Thomson at SF, right? Thomson actually has high/high in BH and 15 points to go in Pa and Sp so that might be different by the end of the year; but right now, do you like Ducksworth or Thomson to start at SF?

Also, I have to deal with Lux. Liz only has 20 WE and still tons more to improve in so I would love to start him to pump that WE up in games I should win anyway. I would rather just put Potter at SF instead of starting Ducksworth/Thomson so I can put Wiess at point and Lux at SG, right? Or should I start Ducksworth/Thomson at SF and put
Potter at PG. Wiess should end at 97+ DE though, he'll still be great. Thanks to OR and however chooses to respond to my post.
I don't worry much about the other team's players. I look to what is best for my team, and let the other team worry about me. More mistakes are made in the game by trying to play guys out of position to get some perceived matchup edge, that are ever gained by letting a PF play C poorly, and a C play PF poorly.

I'm not a fan of ducksworth, I love Thomson though.

YOu have to start Potter and weiss though, sometimes you have to bite the bullet and not get all you can out of lux.

And, if you have a few easy games, you can start him (lux) in those, I've already started a low WE guy vs sims and easy games, and the right guy vs harder teams, you will still get some WE growth, maybe 2-4 vs 5-7 this year.

Too bad you don't press, you'd have a great team to do it, probably should push the tempo, as your bench, whoever is on it, is great.

Good luck.
8/26/2016 9:57 PM
Posted by Benis on 8/26/2016 9:42:00 PM (view original):
Thomson is a PF.
Meh, he has 13 points to go in speed, 18 in Pa and is still high/high in BH. By the end of the year he should be a SF.
8/27/2016 10:32 AM
Posted by oldresorter on 8/26/2016 9:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cubcub113 on 8/26/2016 5:09:00 PM (view original):

I don't worry much about the other team's players. I look to what is best for my team, and let the other team worry about me. More mistakes are made in the game by trying to play guys out of position to get some perceived matchup edge, that are ever gained by letting a PF play C poorly, and a C play PF poorly.

I'm not a fan of ducksworth, I love Thomson though.

YOu have to start Potter and weiss though, sometimes you have to bite the bullet and not get all you can out of lux.

And, if you have a few easy games, you can start him (lux) in those, I've already started a low WE guy vs sims and easy games, and the right guy vs harder teams, you will still get some WE growth, maybe 2-4 vs 5-7 this year.

Too bad you don't press, you'd have a great team to do it, probably should push the tempo, as your bench, whoever is on it, is great.

Good luck.
That my idea. Shot 39 free throws against a tired team last night, won.

Edit: I had an interesting thought, ill try it tonight against a cruddy sim unless you can talk me out of it if you don't like it!

1st string: [Weiss] [Lux] [Thomson] [Lukas] [Foster]
2nd string: [Potter] [Potter] [Ducksworth] [Kinnison] [Kinnison]
3rd string: [Goodman] [Goodman] [Potter] [Jewell] [Jewell]

My main concern is that Potter and Kinnision would not be playing in crunch time and might not get enough minutes. Lux's stamina is crummy so Potter should get lots of time at Sg. Might I put Kinnison on getting tired or no? Potter on getting tired?
8/27/2016 10:43 AM (edited)
12 Next ▸
PF C difference Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.