Can someone please tell me if this is a good strategy...I'm lowering my IFA budget and right now it is 8. I realize that anyone found is a crap shoot, but if I start my offers low and keep increasing it when they decline, wouldn't that indicate that someone sees more value in the player?

Also, if my budget is 8, can he also be much better than projected?
8/26/2016 2:49 PM
Probably not. I could has 20m, see a turd, drop 10m on him, let it sit for 3-4 cycles and withdraw my offer. Guys playing your strategy are throwing money at him and, thinking someone with more IFA scouting is all over him, keep throwing more money at him.
8/26/2016 3:29 PM
WIS changed how IFA scouting budget and projections work in the latest release. Without knowing when your world rolled over, I don't think anyone can help you.

Most of the HBD changes the past year take at least a few seasons to begin to figure out. In this case, it will take 2-3 season of watching how IFAs develop to being to understand the latest change.

No matter how the new logic works, I'm pretty sure you plan is a bad one. What happens if somebody else in your world adapts this same strategy? Won't the 2 of you bid each other up to $20+M on the first IFA that looks OK?
8/26/2016 3:29 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.