Demoting a Top Prosepct Topic

Hi, I recently took over a team in FYC and they have a strong IFA signed two years ago, Ugueth Carrara. He spent a year in Rookie ball and then was promoted directly to AAA the following year and played there the entire season. I would think he should be in AA at this point in his development but would it hurt his long-term outlook if I demote him to AA (current patience rating of 68). Also, is there a benefit to demoting him and letting him play the year at AA as opposed to just keeping him at AAA for 1 and half to 2 years till he is ready for the big leagues?

I just want to try to get him to his max ratings before the big leagues, any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.
8/26/2016 4:47 PM
He could take a ratings hit. We can't see development but he's 20 with a 28 make-up. No idea what your training is but I'm not sure his rating are going to skyrocket no matter what you do. I'd leave him in AAA as I assume you have a better coach in AAA.
8/26/2016 5:10 PM
Thanks Mike.
8/26/2016 5:54 PM
There's no demotion penalty after the season ends (during the playoffs) and before spring training begins.
8/26/2016 6:21 PM
I don't think that's correct. There's no demotion penalty for roster expansion call-ups during the playoffs. I don't think that applies to any other demotion during the playoffs.
8/26/2016 8:06 PM
With a 68 patience he shouldn't have a demotion penalty.
8/28/2016 12:40 AM
It's kind of funny if this thought process and strategy happened in real life. "Let's not demote this guy because he will get mad. Let's demote this other guy instead cuz he's nicer and won't mind."
8/28/2016 1:28 AM
You can wait until you've got a player coming off the DL and demote him to make room on the 25-man for that player, which won't trigger the penalty -- or at least I'm assuming that would work in the minors like it does in the majors. I almost never demote anyone in the minors, and definitely never a player whose development I care about.
8/29/2016 5:03 PM
That would only work if he were promoted in the same transaction that put the second player onto the DL. Given that there's no evidence that playing at a lower level would help, it would seem smarter to just leave him where he is than to risk a hit for no gain.
8/29/2016 11:08 PM
Sounds good, I'll keep him at AAA, thanks all.
8/29/2016 11:21 PM
Demoting a Top Prosepct Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.