Promised Sophomore start and 75% playing time Topic

I forgot, If I promised him a sophomore start ,and redshirt him, does the 75% PT apply to the his FR still or his RFr year?
8/27/2016 10:56 AM
Pretty sure it applies to his freshmen year. A red shirt will likely be a broken playing time promise which will adversely effect his we and your reputation.
8/27/2016 11:24 AM
Applies to his first year on your roster. Just like a promised start. Also, careful with high % promises in relation to stamina for young players. I tend to use exhibition games to gauge how much percentage in can squeeze in with as little impact on my team as possible (assuming that a FR typically would not start for a mature team).
8/27/2016 11:34 AM
I have always been wary of promising playing time. I guess it could work starting out in a rebuild. I wonder how much impact it has on the recruiting process ie 50% PT promise = 2 CVs ?
8/27/2016 2:04 PM
Posted by madhatter324 on 8/27/2016 11:24:00 AM (view original):
Pretty sure it applies to his freshmen year. A red shirt will likely be a broken playing time promise which will adversely effect his we and your reputation.
True about the WE but have not noticed a reputation hit.
8/28/2016 12:36 AM
Promised Sophomore start and 75% playing time Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.