two teams in a world makes less sense now Topic

The changes in 3.0 make two teams in a world more troublesome than before - one of the positives of the nu game is enhanced ability to scout nationally. That renders the 1000 mile rule ineffective.

I used to have two teams in some worlds - dropped. Both because I dont want extra teams in the new game and because it looks to me to be impossible to avoid duplicative scouting unless one artificially limits each team to local scouting - which is no longer the way the game works.
8/28/2016 8:03 AM
You're right. It is time for WIS to prohibit duplicate teams in a world.
8/28/2016 8:45 AM
Posted by CoachSpud on 8/28/2016 8:45:00 AM (view original):
What have your ALT or prior IDs been, spud? Just curious.

It should be clear by now that WIS has no means of stopping someone from creating an ALT. The only thing they can do is respond to complaints by investigating after the fact. When they investigate, the 1000 mile rule was a safe harbor to keep them from having to boot everyone with 2 teams in a world on the littlest complaint..

Agree with the OP about seemingly less need for the rule, but I don't know why anything needs to be changed. They fixed constant complaints about collusion by making every signing a battle.
8/28/2016 9:49 AM
the issue is sharing of scouting information

now that national recruiting is more doable, lets say that I have Maryland and Arizona in the same world. Maryland scouts the northeast. I see a guy who wants to go far away and whose preferences match Zona - that is now an issue

One answer is that people with two teams in a world need to refrain from recruiting far away from home. But that really constrains those teams.

two teams in a world are now more of an issue
8/28/2016 9:53 AM
+1. Unless it is a Major DI and a DIII
8/28/2016 10:46 AM
I see your point. Not sure we'll know until after recruiting in a few worlds. That long distance recruiting might turn out unattractive, if local teams bring that proposition down to coinflips or worse.

Folks are fairly risk averse. That said, I wouldn't even mind a rule that was absolute 1 team / world. I'm just not a fan of absolute rules that are unenforceable (or that WIS would have no intention of spending time on until after a complaint was made).
8/28/2016 10:50 AM
Posted by metsmax on 8/28/2016 9:53:00 AM (view original):
the issue is sharing of scouting information

now that national recruiting is more doable, lets say that I have Maryland and Arizona in the same world. Maryland scouts the northeast. I see a guy who wants to go far away and whose preferences match Zona - that is now an issue

One answer is that people with two teams in a world need to refrain from recruiting far away from home. But that really constrains those teams.

two teams in a world are now more of an issue
Yup, that is certainly one of the most obvious issues, among several.
8/28/2016 2:19 PM
+1
8/28/2016 2:48 PM
Hmmmm "Duplicate Teams"......Yep, give an inch there will be "Triplicate Teams" next
8/28/2016 3:10 PM (edited)
I doubt WIS wants to discourage people who want to pay more by banning it outright, but i think the major thing will be avoiding 2 teams in the same world and same division, instead of 1000 miles.
8/28/2016 3:14 PM
Posted by bathtubhippo on 8/28/2016 3:14:00 PM (view original):
I doubt WIS wants to discourage people who want to pay more by banning it outright, but i think the major thing will be avoiding 2 teams in the same world and same division, instead of 1000 miles.
Only 1 and 3. A DII team is now a low DI.
8/28/2016 4:31 PM
Posted by metsmax on 8/28/2016 8:03:00 AM (view original):
The changes in 3.0 make two teams in a world more troublesome than before - one of the positives of the nu game is enhanced ability to scout nationally. That renders the 1000 mile rule ineffective.

I used to have two teams in some worlds - dropped. Both because I dont want extra teams in the new game and because it looks to me to be impossible to avoid duplicative scouting unless one artificially limits each team to local scouting - which is no longer the way the game works.
Whose to say that you're the 1 to have the rule change? Besides we all know why there are multiple teams in each world. Ive had this discussion with spud in the past.

8/28/2016 6:09 PM
Posted by bathtubhippo on 8/28/2016 3:14:00 PM (view original):
Yea this I agree with!
8/28/2016 6:10 PM
Viva gulluspie!!!1
8/28/2016 6:39 PM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 8/28/2016 6:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by metsmax on 8/28/2016 8:03:00 AM (view original):

Whose to say that you're the 1 to have the rule change? Besides we all know why there are multiple teams in each world. Ive had this discussion with spud in the past.

that makes sense
8/28/2016 6:44 PM
12 Next ▸
two teams in a world makes less sense now Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.