two teams in a world makes less sense now Topic

Posted by CoachWard95 on 8/28/2016 6:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by metsmax on 8/28/2016 8:03:00 AM (view original):
The changes in 3.0 make two teams in a world more troublesome than before - one of the positives of the nu game is enhanced ability to scout nationally. That renders the 1000 mile rule ineffective.

I used to have two teams in some worlds - dropped. Both because I dont want extra teams in the new game and because it looks to me to be impossible to avoid duplicative scouting unless one artificially limits each team to local scouting - which is no longer the way the game works.
Whose to say that you're the 1 to have the rule change? Besides we all know why there are multiple teams in each world. Ive had this discussion with spud in the past.

WHAT?!?
8/28/2016 10:05 PM
Because of the large scouting budgets and a separate recruiting budget, having two teams in this world is much less impactful then in the old world.In the old world, you could easily scout close to home with each team and save recruiting money. It was a huge advantage having two teams. I don't think that is the case now. First of all, you now have to at least level 1 scout a player with each team just to see them and there is a max amount of HV's so that wont be an advantage either. I had always argued that having two teams in a world (in the old HD) really gave coaches a major advantage over 1.
8/29/2016 8:37 AM
Posted by kubasnack on 8/29/2016 8:37:00 AM (view original):
Because of the large scouting budgets and a separate recruiting budget, having two teams in this world is much less impactful then in the old world.In the old world, you could easily scout close to home with each team and save recruiting money. It was a huge advantage having two teams. I don't think that is the case now. First of all, you now have to at least level 1 scout a player with each team just to see them and there is a max amount of HV's so that wont be an advantage either. I had always argued that having two teams in a world (in the old HD) really gave coaches a major advantage over 1.
I would guess this is one of WIS's goals for the change in recruiting. Almost certainly, it is one of the reasons that recruits are now "hidden" and scouting and recruiting budgets are segregated. That prevents a user from scouting with one school and using the savings at a different school to maximize the funds available for recruiting effort.

The ideal solution was always just to prevent anyone from having more than 1 team in a world, but there is no way to do that. Even if you demanded more personal information than WIS would want to hold, it would be nearly impossible to tell until after the fact. It is possible that the abuse of multiple or ALT-ids was either more or less epidemic than some have stated. Maybe WIS figured out that it was fairly prevalent...maybe they just decided they didn't want to hear the ******** anymore.

Problem is...one of the things folks like about the old recruiting was the ability to decided how much scouting and how much recruiting to do. Users that wasted a lot of budget using some shotgun approach were somewhat easy to spot. I think there will just be different strategy employed now.
8/29/2016 9:44 AM
I think you've just replaced one advantage of multiple teams (primarily distance-based) with a different advantage (primarily preferences-based). If you've got 2 teams in the same division, 2000 miles apart, both play the same offense and defense, and are at the same stage of success, then your advantage has gone down significantly. But if one team is C- triangle zone and the other is A+ FB press, you could get a big advantage from being able to "hand off" a nearby recruit to the other, more well-matched school.
8/29/2016 10:54 AM
Posted by bhansalid00 on 8/29/2016 10:54:00 AM (view original):
I think you've just replaced one advantage of multiple teams (primarily distance-based) with a different advantage (primarily preferences-based). If you've got 2 teams in the same division, 2000 miles apart, both play the same offense and defense, and are at the same stage of success, then your advantage has gone down significantly. But if one team is C- triangle zone and the other is A+ FB press, you could get a big advantage from being able to "hand off" a nearby recruit to the other, more well-matched school.
Possible, except that your recruiting budget goes a long way in the game now. Very little incentive to do so. Level 2 gives you all the preferences for a recruit. In order to recruit the guy, you have to get to level 1 first, meaning it's a 1 level scout.

Pete
8/29/2016 1:14 PM
Posted by rogelio on 8/28/2016 9:49:00 AM (view original):
Posted by CoachSpud on 8/28/2016 8:45:00 AM (view original):
You're right. It is time for WIS to prohibit duplicate teams in a world.
What have your ALT or prior IDs been, spud? Just curious.

It should be clear by now that WIS has no means of stopping someone from creating an ALT. The only thing they can do is respond to complaints by investigating after the fact. When they investigate, the 1000 mile rule was a safe harbor to keep them from having to boot everyone with 2 teams in a world on the littlest complaint..

Agree with the OP about seemingly less need for the rule, but I don't know why anything needs to be changed. They fixed constant complaints about collusion by making every signing a battle.
What have your ALT or prior IDs been, spud?
8/29/2016 1:38 PM
Posted by bhansalid00 on 8/29/2016 10:54:00 AM (view original):
Yup, that is certainly another one of the most obvious issues, among several.
8/29/2016 8:09 PM
◂ Prev 12
two teams in a world makes less sense now Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.