Offense is losing Work Ethic Topic

Why is my Columbia offense skill players losing Work Ethic? There are no promises involved. I have sophomore losing work ethic, i guess cause they aren't playing? I thought players didn't get upset about that until they were upperclassmen?

And I have upperclassmen that have started every game that are losing as well... not enough playing time?

Never seen this before. The OL and Defense seems fine, but skill players are nearly all zero or negative.
8/28/2016 5:13 PM
Some true FR will lose a point (at most) if they aren't playing much (or at all). SO can lose ~3 if they're not playing... and on up from there.

It is player-dependent. Not all will lose, even as SO. Supposedly you can decipher from Scout Reports but I don't recall the secret decoder ring.
8/28/2016 7:52 PM
I looked at your Columbia team, and understand your concern. We have, at USC (Wilkinson), many skill position players gaining work ethic points while having lower playing time than your guys. Your situation doesn't make sense!

Suggest that you send a ticket asking for an explanation. We have sent a few in lately, and actually received prompt replies.

Good luck, and please post their reply, as you surely have raised some curiosity!
8/28/2016 7:53 PM
If you send a ticket, please share.
8/28/2016 8:24 PM (edited)
Looking at EZ USC's team, there arent any players who have less PT than your guys gaining WE . There are a number of underclassman playing less than 10% on your columbia team. Its not a lot of players losing WE, just the SOs and a RSo , which is normal, especially if they had more PT as FR?

Dont think theres a need to send in a ticket.
8/28/2016 11:15 PM
As long as I can remember it has been this way. Try and start the Sophs at half time once every 3 or 4 games. They won't gain WE but they won't lose it either.
8/28/2016 11:19 PM
Posted by kevintam90 on 8/28/2016 11:15:00 PM (view original):
Looking at EZ USC's team, there arent any players who have less PT than your guys gaining WE . There are a number of underclassman playing less than 10% on your columbia team. Its not a lot of players losing WE, just the SOs and a RSo , which is normal, especially if they had more PT as FR?

I'm sure you are trying to be of assistance Kevin, and meant well, but please check the stats:

USC
(QB) Soto PP= 37% WE= +2
(RB) Cochrane PP= 37% WE= +2
(WR) Perkins PP= 37% WE= +1
(WR) Baker PP= 33%. WE= +2

Columbia
(RB) Rasmussen PP= 49% WE= -2
(WR) Jones PP= 48% WE= -1
(TE) Garcia PP= 45% WE= -3

Now, to this being relatively late at night, and after consuming several Absoluts, if I am in error, I humbly apologize to you Kevin.
8/29/2016 12:33 AM
What got my attention was the FR* QB Gee... I just got him some starts vs SimAI and I noticed his WE hadn't moved. Then I looked at team profile, ratings change, and I see a bunch of zeros and negatives. I don't have any QBs that have improved. I don't pay much attention to this stuff, but definitely seems off to me. I keep contact with support at a minimum, but I sent a polite ticket to see what they say.
8/29/2016 12:55 AM
Posted by ez37 on 8/29/2016 12:33:00 AM (view original):
Posted by kevintam90 on 8/28/2016 11:15:00 PM (view original):

I'm sure you are trying to be of assistance Kevin, and meant well, but please check the stats:

USC
(QB) Soto PP= 37% WE= +2
(RB) Cochrane PP= 37% WE= +2
(WR) Perkins PP= 37% WE= +1
(WR) Baker PP= 33%. WE= +2

Columbia
(RB) Rasmussen PP= 49% WE= -2
(WR) Jones PP= 48% WE= -1
(TE) Garcia PP= 45% WE= -3

Now, to this being relatively late at night, and after consuming several Absoluts, if I am in error, I humbly apologize to you Kevin.
I meant underclassman anyways. But cause I like proving people wrong when they try proving me wrong. Everyone you listed on your team is a FR or SO. While everyone you listed on Columbia's is a SR. SR's getting under 50% PT, yes of course theyre going to lose WE.

I could care less about SRs losing work ethic anyways.
8/29/2016 8:18 AM
Support said its normal based on player expectations vs playing time. I looked at a couple other teams and they are similar to mine. Guess I'm rotating them too much. Also, I don't usually have three upperclassmen QBs like I inherited here. Still seems off to me but what do I know? not much.
8/29/2016 11:36 AM
Hey Kevin...Your analysis of ebel's situation was right on target, but my consternation pertained to the accuracy of your statement that we had no players with less playing time. I have no problem with you personally, and wish you and your Towson program continued success.
8/29/2016 11:37 AM
Offense is losing Work Ethic Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.