Color Blindness & New "Potential" Colors Topic

I have a significant problem with the new interface. As with many other people, I'm a bit color blind. The colors for potential, particularly between Low and Very Low, are virtually not distinguishable to someone with red / green color blindness (the most common type). I also have difficulty with the Average and Very High distinction. Does anyone know how to get this message to the developers? All I can do on help is search prior topics. Thanks.
8/29/2016 11:40 AM
The current colors are the result of some feedback regarding colorblindness. My guess is that the developers may not understand that there isn't just one type of colorblindness. The colors are now supposed to go green, blue, black, orange red.

You may need to send in a ticket to ask whether a separate user-setting (or two) could be added to assist with this issue. My own preference was to include Bold & Italics on the to distinguish between the High-High (currently Green) and Low (currently orange) from Low-Low (red). There may be a better fix that you could try to develop.

The reality is that WIS, as a wing of FOX, should take this opportunity to get user feedback from users that they could implement across platforms.
8/29/2016 12:42 PM
The very least they should do is to make it so a tooltip appears with the appropriate text when you hover the mouse over any rating indicating the color in text ("Green").
8/29/2016 12:56 PM
I'm not subject to this issue, but they gotta find a reasonable fix
8/29/2016 1:00 PM
We had a ton of people with color blindness in Beta. We tried several color combinations and this was agreed upon by most of those individuals. Unfortunately, we tried but it seemed like everyone had different color issues and there was almost no way to find a combination that worked for everyone.
8/29/2016 1:06 PM
Posted by buddhagamer on 8/29/2016 12:56:00 PM (view original):
The very least they should do is to make it so a tooltip appears with the appropriate text when you hover the mouse over any rating indicating the color in text ("Green").
This is one of the better suggestions that I've heard. That might be a user setting feature (on/off) that would start on "off", but might resolve this issue.
8/29/2016 1:52 PM
Survival of the fittest! Down with the coaches with mutant genes!

</troll>
8/31/2016 8:46 AM
Yep Low and Very High look the same to me. That's really cool. wtf?
8/31/2016 12:38 PM
italics or tooltip sound like useful solutions - this is a nontrivial issue
8/31/2016 12:41 PM
Tooltips have been added to the ratings on the Player and Recruit profile pages.
8/31/2016 1:18 PM
The original (2008) "high" potential color was changed from green to blue because of input from color blind players. Curious they missed that with 3.0. Toolkit or not, smacks of disrespectful to those players to say the least.

Glad to see the fix.
8/31/2016 8:52 PM
there was a long sincere discussion by seble about colors on the beta forum - I think they were trying. Harder task with 5 colors, I think.

hope tooltip addresses most of remaining concern for those who have this issue
8/31/2016 9:16 PM
Posted by cwisniewski on 8/31/2016 1:18:00 PM (view original):
Tooltips have been added to the ratings on the Player and Recruit profile pages.
These tooltips also need to be added to the practice plan page and the manage roster page .. as well as viewing your page on www.whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=<team_id>
9/7/2016 2:17 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
thats a poor choice by WIS

on a much smaller scale, a bunch of stuff doesnt work on slightly out of date versions of safari for me - work everywhere else on the internet just fine, but not HD 3.0 - so I cant do any scouting at home - only at work.....pointed out in beta and they dont care

i suppose it is to be expected, with the surge of users into the game, they can afford to ignore small groups of customers
9/9/2016 10:23 AM
12 Next ▸
Color Blindness & New "Potential" Colors Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.