Has this ever happened to anyone else Topic

I have my Senior QB (William Russell) as the starter and you can see where he started the first two games and then today the engine started my backup QB (Timothy Yates) and he throws 54 passes and 8 INTs and I lose the game 34-31. I didn't change the game plan, the formations, or the depth chart and it gave the start to my back up as you can see on my first drive of the game he gets the start and throws an INT on the first play of the game. I didn't look at the first half to notice this, because I was winning and didn't look at the play by play to notice that they put the freshman starting. Did this happen to anyone else today? You think they may be working with something on the engine to cause this?
8/29/2016 3:16 PM
Posted by cfbfan18 on 8/29/2016 3:16:00 PM (view original):
I have my Senior QB (William Russell) as the starter and you can see where he started the first two games and then today the engine started my backup QB (Timothy Yates) and he throws 54 passes and 8 INTs and I lose the game 34-31. I didn't change the game plan, the formations, or the depth chart and it gave the start to my back up as you can see on my first drive of the game he gets the start and throws an INT on the first play of the game. I didn't look at the first half to notice this, because I was winning and didn't look at the play by play to notice that they put the freshman starting. Did this happen to anyone else today? You think they may be working with something on the engine to cause this?
have a coach look at your game plan or submit a ticket. maybe you have the backup qb in "user 1" on the depth chart and didnt notice you had that selected for your formation? or worse yet!!!! you were hacked by AZislander haha jkjk
8/29/2016 3:51 PM
I've looked over every possible thing before I sent in a ticket. Everything is right. I'm gonna have to go with the option that I was hacked by AZ. ;)
8/29/2016 3:54 PM
Did you hear anything back after you sent in the ticket?
9/4/2016 1:48 PM
Posted by CCHypno on 9/4/2016 1:48:00 PM (view original):
Did you hear anything back after you sent in the ticket?
Yes. This was their response.

You might want to set your sub-level for your starter to something lower than 90.

You throw a lot of passes which will fatigue your starter very quickly. Once you do that, he will have to rest for a while before he comes back in. In that time, with your pass heavy offense, it is very possible that your 2nd string was fatigued due to the high rate of passing and lower stamina attribute and your third string QB received the majority of the work, as he would have stayed in the game until one of the other two had their fatigue level recover enough to be brought back in.

Hope this makes sense. Thank you.

The only thing is the Freshman QB started the game not the Senior so it wasn't a fatigue level problem. It was just a mistake on their part and they had no answer for it so I didn't even respond back to their response. It's like talking to a wall anyways.
9/5/2016 9:09 PM
Typical response. They really didn't look into what really happened. How do they expect to get more customers, and why do we all stick around?
9/5/2016 9:14 PM
https://www.whatifsports.com/gd/PlayerProfile/GameLog.aspx?pid=10441286

As you can see he (My Senior QB) has started every game except that one and I haven't touched a formation or setting.
9/5/2016 9:14 PM
To respond to my own question as to why we all stick around?... It's because we have a community. A camaraderie. To leave.....very hard. If WIS would give us a little better support, this could take off again. And I don't think it would cost them a whole lot to make a big difference.
9/5/2016 9:22 PM
yah that response from support is so bad it makes me wonder why they even bothered to spend the time making it.
9/5/2016 11:38 PM
I have seen a few bugs over the years but nothing ever like that. The few times where I thought it was a depth chart bug turned out to be something I missed. Especially easy to happen if you have multiple depth charts based on different scenarios.

I agree that their responses are laughable at times. Automatic scripted responses never go over well with any customer.
9/5/2016 11:46 PM
cfbfan: Just because they gave you a lame response, doesn't mean you should give up with customer service.
If we want better service, then we have to follow through and insist on it. I doubt they can change the results, but if it was me at least I would want to get a better explanation of why your young qb started(which can be proven on the play by play as well as percentage of playing time) when he was not first on the depth chart).
9/6/2016 5:21 AM
Posted by mojolad on 9/6/2016 5:21:00 AM (view original):
cfbfan: Just because they gave you a lame response, doesn't mean you should give up with customer service.
If we want better service, then we have to follow through and insist on it. I doubt they can change the results, but if it was me at least I would want to get a better explanation of why your young qb started(which can be proven on the play by play as well as percentage of playing time) when he was not first on the depth chart).
Once again, mojo hits the nail on the head. Please keep pushing for a real answer.
9/6/2016 2:52 PM
Alright I'll ask them and see what they say.
9/6/2016 3:40 PM
This is what I just sent them

But that still doesn't answer the question on why my second string QB, which was the freshman, started the game over my senior when my senior was listed first on the depth chart? I could understand your response with my level being at 90% if the senior had started the game and then came out a few plays into the game, but as you can look at each player and the play by play of the game, he didn't even get the start and the second string freshman did. Since this has happened, I have now moved my freshman to third string, but wanted you to look into the situation before I put him at third string and wanted to get a response back.
9/6/2016 3:48 PM
Seems like a good followup. I'm, curious what they say ?
9/7/2016 11:13 AM
12 Next ▸
Has this ever happened to anyone else Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.