Does SOS include home/away adjustments? Topic

I always assumed that it did. But right now I have the #14 SOS, a conference mate has #12, we're both 23-3, and I'm one RPI spot ahead of him. Only way I can figure that is if the home/away bonuses are not figured into SOS (I play basically all-away, all-sim non-cons in a conference that's been pretty full for a long time...

Or maybe it used to be and no longer is with the update. But Tark hasn't switched over yet. So maybe it was never included.
8/30/2016 2:22 PM
8/30/2016 2:26 PM
you know the formula for RPI? its 25% home/away weighted win loss, 50% opponent win/loss, 25% opponent opponent win/loss. somewhere in there you have to exclude the game against yourself or something... like in the opponent opponent win loss maybe, because you are every opponent's opponent?

anyway, SOS is exactly the same as the RPI formula, minus the first bit - your own weighted record. in the RPI formula, the record of your opponents is NOT weighted by home/away, same with the opponent's opponent part. so the only bit of RPI that included home/away weighting, is the only bit that is not part of SOS. as you can guess, by SOS not including any home/away weighting, SOS is not really that fantastic of a measure of true strength of schedule.
8/30/2016 3:50 PM
Does SOS include home/away adjustments? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.