Whisky League Innaugural Draft Topic

This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
7/23/2007 5:45 PM

Now taking over ooooohdoggie's former Whitehorse Mounties

Quote: Originally Posted By bobbyorr4 on 2/18/2008

Cape Enrage Breeze
need 10
C Doug Gilmour
C Troy Murray
C Cliff Ronning

C Ron Wilson
RW Mike Gartner
RW Keith Crowder

RW Jim Nill

LW Mike Allison

D Kevin Hatcher
D Charlie Huddy

D Gerald Diduck

G John Vanbiesbrouck
G Mike Liut

2/20/2008 12:26 AM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
2/20/2008 12:27 AM
Sorry, Bobby can't be taking over your team. He was hired as Special Assistant to the GM of my team when he retired. A nice cushy front office job to reward him for his career. We have no intention of letting him out of his job.
2/20/2008 8:35 AM

Quote: Originally Posted By SAKABAKBRG on 2/20/2008

Sorry, Bobby can't be taking over your team.
He was hired as Special Assistant to the GM of my team when he retired.
A nice cushy front office job to reward him for his career. We have no intention of letting him out of his job.

I hope that bobbyorr4, the new owner of The Cape Enrage Breeze is not an impostor.
What is eviltwin's vetting process? ...

Cape Enrage Breeze - ( formerly ooooohdoggie's Whitehorse Mounties )

Ironically when I stepped in as a replacement owner in za's Progressive League, it was SAKABAKBRG's St.Louis Blues I was awarded.
We had superstar Mike Bossy, Terry Ruskowski, one of the Stastny Brothers with Mike Liut in goal. We had some strong seasons, losing a tightly contested Finals in our 3rd or 4th Season there.
There was a messy controversy over a player roster error that brought about that opening, so I apologize if that team and league is an unpleasant subject.
Thank you SAKABAKBRG, I benefited from the strength and balance of that St.Louis Bluesteam you assembled.

2/20/2008 11:18 AM
doggie, it's been fun, but it's time to let go
2/20/2008 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By evil_twin on 2/20/2008

doggie, it's been fun, but it's time to let go

That's what I'm doing ET, closing out the final chapter.

2/20/2008 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By ooooohdoggie on 2/20/2008

Quote: Originally Posted By SAKABAKBRG on 2/20/2008

Sorry, Bobby can't be taking over your team.
He was hired as Special Assistant to the GM of my team when he retired.
A nice cushy front office job to reward him for his career. We have no intention of letting him out of his job.

I hope that bobbyorr4, the new owner of The Cape Enrage Breeze is not an impostor.
What is eviltwin's vetting process? ...

Cape Enrage Breeze - ( formerly ooooohdoggie's Whitehorse Mounties )

Ironically when I stepped in as a replacement owner in za's Progressive League, it was SAKABAKBRG's St.Louis Blues I was awarded.
We had superstar Mike Bossy, Terry Ruskowski, one of the Stastny Brothers with Mike Liut in goal. We had some strong seasons, losing a tightly contested Finals in our 3rd or 4th Season there.
There was a messy controversy over a player roster error that brought about that opening, so I apologize if that team and league is an unpleasant subject.
Thank you SAKABAKBRG, I benefited from the strength and balance of that St.Louis Bluesteam you assembled.

Yeah, I built that team to be solid for several seasons, then there was a controversy over the rules in season 1 where some were "selectively" enforced against some teams, but not others. I threatened to quit after that 1st season because I was unhappy with the way the league was being run in regards to the rules. I followed through with my threat and never looked back. Glad to hear that the team did well for awhile.
2/21/2008 5:04 AM
...and back to where it all began...July 2005...
3/20/2009 1:10 PM
6/15/2010 6:56 AM

Glenn Hall in goal. Elmer Vasko Blackhawks Defenseman  wearing # 4.  Looks like the New York Rangers are the opposing team.         icehockey.wikia.com/wiki/Glenn_Hall

I try to prevent losing access to Forum threads.

2/9/2013 9:03 PM (edited)
Posted by zlionsfan on 7/26/2005 6:23:00 PM (view original):
Novices might find hockeydb.com or a similar site to be useful for looking up players with similar names (wait until we get to Greg Adams). If there's a question, I look up a player's career stats there and make sure they include the season I'm drafting.

That's the only tip I have, unless you'd like to know how to avoid those bothersome playoffs ...

That's the only tip I have, unless you'd like to know how to avoid those bothersome playoffs ...  cracked me up.
2/9/2013 9:25 PM
Posted by ooooohdoggie on 2/9/2013 9:03:00 PM (view original):

Glenn Hall in goal. Elmer Vasko Blackhawks Defenseman  wearing # 4.  Looks like the New York Rangers are the opposing team.         icehockey.wikia.com/wiki/Glenn_Hall

I try to prevent losing access to Forum threads.

February 20, 2013
7/5/2021 12:57 PM
◂ Prev 1...30|31|32
Whisky League Innaugural Draft Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.