Things we’ve learned in Aaron/Ruth Topic

Quote: Originally Posted By hlbart on 6/03/2006
How time consuming is this Hardball Dynasty? My wife still loves me despite the time I spend here (2 GD teams). Will it cost me my marriage?
I'm a baseball coach in real life so I'd love to play. However between time at the field and time with my maintaining my affair (with GD), I'm pushing it as it is.
Please advise.
you'll dump GD like a bad habit. Im already figuring out what needs to go so I can have 2-3 HBD teams. Some of the HD teams will have to go,and I never thought Id cut back much there.
6/3/2006 10:25 PM
does it require so much time that i may have to drop all but one hd one gd and have one HBD team, with a newborn........or do you think it's possible to have one HD and 2 HBD? how difficult would that be?
6/4/2006 12:47 AM
I don't think it's bad after the first couple of weeks. But those are very time consuming. I was happy that I only needed one recruit in HD and that 4 of my SLB teams were finishing up seasons.
6/4/2006 6:03 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By MikeT23 on 6/04/2006
I don't think it's bad after the first couple of weeks. But those are very time consuming. I was happy that I only needed one recruit in HD and that 4 of my SLB teams were finishing up seasons.
I have a feeling I will be cutting back to one team in each GD and HD.

And thank you to all for the input you guys have given. It is much appreciated.
6/4/2006 11:31 AM
We just want the product and it's users to be as kickass as possible. We were lucky enough to get charter teams and we should all give back with what we've learned.
6/4/2006 11:38 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By mudbone1969 on 6/04/2006We just want the product and it's users to be as kickass as possible. We were lucky enough to get charter teams and we should all give back with what we've learned
A very cool perspective, Mudbone. Thanks again.
6/4/2006 11:58 AM
a mistake i made was overstating the importance of velocity...i avoided what turned out to be a couple of good pitchers with a 48 or so...looking at weena's staff for example...it is good without huge velocity numbers..try not to overemphisize a particular stat....it really is everything combined
6/4/2006 1:51 PM
Velocity won't help you much if the pitcher has poor location or low ratings vs. y and Righty. I think of velocity the way I think if K/9 in simleagues, a number I don't pay much attention to when drafting pitchers.
6/4/2006 1:55 PM
weena's pitcher....jerry mclellan with a 31 velocity...23ip and a 0.83 era...
6/4/2006 1:57 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By carlnault on 6/04/2006a mistake i made was overstating the importance of velocity...i avoided what turned out to be a couple of good pitchers with a 48 or so...looking at weena's staff for example...it is good without huge velocity numbers..try not to overemphisize a particular stat....it really is everything combined
The thing I've really concentrated on are the 'modifier' ratings: vLH and vRH, making sure my starters have at least three major league quality (60+) pitches, that sort of thing.
6/4/2006 1:59 PM
1 more thing i want to share.....dont spend 6mill on your advanced scouting...it will leave you the inability to make trades....it really is that important....we are not as sure about the other scouting departments but that has to be maxed or close to it.....
6/4/2006 2:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by carlnault on 6/04/2006weena's pitcher....jerry mclellan with a 31 velocity...23ip and a 0.83 era...

I traded him to Weena, not because of lack of velocity, but because he's a big flyball pitcher. He didn't fit my needs, but fit Weena's much better. I'm happy with the guy I got in return.
6/4/2006 2:17 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By antonsirius on 6/04/2006
Quote: Originally Posted By carlnault on 6/04/2006
a mistake i made was overstating the importance of velocity...i avoided what turned out to be a couple of good pitchers with a 48 or so...looking at weena's staff for example...it is good without huge velocity numbers..try not to overemphisize a particular stat....it really is everything combined
The thing I've really concentrated on are the 'modifier' ratings: vLH and vRH, making sure my starters have at least three major league quality (60+) pitches, that sort of thing
Right now, we're all just fishing to find the most important "ratings" to consider. Hitting is waaay ahead of pitching because it's easy to isolate Contact/Power as major considerations, while we're still testing the pitching ratings. We have some ridiculous hitting statistics and are trying to figure out why the top few pitchers have been successful.
6/4/2006 2:21 PM
meant no disrepect..wanted to use him as an example of looking at all the categories and not being nervous about a low velocity pitcher....
6/4/2006 3:26 PM
wow, this seems very very in depth.........
6/4/2006 3:41 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...43 Next ▸
Things we’ve learned in Aaron/Ruth Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.