Mauer deal done Topic

The Twins had to make a deal to keep Mauer in town. He's been a legend there since high school and letting him leave would completely turn of legions of Twins fans, possibly forever. They have a tough enough time up there without losing a guy who has already done something that no catcher EVER has accomplished.

3/22/2010 7:18 PM
Hard to believe anyone said "You know, if we sign Mauer, we'll probably lose Kubel in a couple of years."
3/22/2010 7:19 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
3/22/2010 7:30 PM
skonley, not into it tonight. I'll get back to you bro. But, be sure of this, your idiocy is on full display.
3/22/2010 7:58 PM
Get into it, loserjosef!
3/22/2010 8:11 PM
Why does everyone think going out side is going to hurt Mauer that much? Sure its going to be cold but guess what its in the 60s in Minnesota today and I beleive it will be all week.

Also he has played here in this weather his whole life. Its not going to be culture shock for him.
3/22/2010 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by arvidjosef on 3/22/2010skonley, not into it tonight.  I'll get back to you bro.  But, be sure of this, your idiocy is on full display. 

Blah,Blah,Blah - you're nothing but a big mouth punk who has no balls to back up his loud mouth. The challenge has been issued, put up or shut up.
3/22/2010 10:46 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By skonley on 3/22/2010
Quote: Originally posted by arvidjosef on 3/22/2010
God you're stupid.

I'll humor you however. You keep stating winning the MVP means very little, actually in the estimation of hundreds of baseball panelists more informed than you it means that said player was the best player in his respective league for that season. Now then, were Pendleton, or even Kirk Gibson's MVP seasons anywhere near Mauer's season statistically? I'll answer that for you, no.

You're simply ignoring the most important and relevent points made here such as his actual numbers (not Terry Pendleton's), his age and Minnesota's lot in baseball in general and simply posting dumb things.

Yes, you're a fool.

Counter

What are you, 12 years old? Wahh, my opinion differs from yours.....so that means you are stupid.
No, the statements you posted and in which the manner you posted them makes you stupid.

Just to clarify.
3/23/2010 3:31 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By skonley on 3/22/2010And the last thing I have for you is a bet concerning Babe Ru......I mean Joe Mauer. I'll bet you a 6-pack of WIS SLB teams that in 2010 Mauer will not maintain or exceed his numbers from last year in any of the 3 main categories - HR, RBI, AVG

Let me spell it out for you, because its obvious you're mentally challenged.

Mauer hits .365 or above, you win (regardless of HR's or RBI's).

Mauer hits 28 HR's or above, you win (regardless of AVG. or RBI's).

Mauer drives in 96 or more you win.(regardless of HR's or AVG).

If he fails in all 3 categories I win. Simple bet. Now I'll wait for your excuse on why you won't accept.
Why would I make that bet?

RE:buffoonery; full display
3/23/2010 4:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rsp777 on 3/22/2010Another highlight of this thread was when someone suggested that Piazza wasn't one of the best catchers of all-time. Maybe he wasn't defensively, but his offense WAY more than made up for it...
Not exactly how that went down. I said THE best catcher ever, based on his 1997 season. I was really trying to prove a point that Piazza was actually better than Mauer, but cracked the top 10 in salary only 1 time
Perhaps Piazza should have hired a better agent.
3/23/2010 7:16 AM
Using your Mattingly example, I just looked up Tony Gwynn. No frickin' way anyone on this site thinks Gwynn was a power hitter right? Well in 1994 (I know, I know.... strike shortened season) had a .568 slugging% with only 12 HR's.
So, you're point is despite the SLG% of Mauer that Mauer is not a power hitter?

Rasheed claims "Ball don't lie", and skonley, numbers don't lie.

I'd say yes, in 1994 Tony Gwynn hit for quite a bit of power considering his .568 slg%.

It's all in your definition of "power" hitter.

Perhaps you should have gone with a different adjective, like "HOME RUN HITTER".
3/23/2010 7:19 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By skonley on 3/22/2010LOL....and Wade Boggs was a power hitter in 198
Yes, yes he was.
3/23/2010 7:19 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By arvidjosef on 3/22/2010
Quote: Originally Posted By MikeT23 on 3/22/2010
He's from the Northeast. All those guys hate life. Miserable bunch, they are.
Actually I just miss my play partner Primetime

Did he get the ban?
3/23/2010 9:56 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By 05nomar05 on 3/23/2010
Quote: Originally Posted By arvidjosef on 3/22/2010

Quote: Originally Posted By MikeT23 on 3/22/2010
He's from the Northeast. All those guys hate life. Miserable bunch, they are.
Actually I just miss my play partner Primetime

Did he get the ban
Well, he still had his alias'. I think MikeT23 drove the final nail in the coffin with the primewhiner bit. Poor bastard took a beating daily.

skonley is making a bid to fill the coveted "soopatard" opening however..
3/23/2010 10:00 AM
I wish i was there to see all the PT bashing.
3/23/2010 10:22 AM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...19 Next ▸
Mauer deal done Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.