52 commentary/rosters Topic

Posted by chewy3344 on 3/17/2023 8:08:00 AM (view original):
3)PBandJ
chewy score 67.5
I guess this is it.

Probably appropriate but maybe I’ll just never know.
3/18/2023 8:29 AM
Posted by chewy3344 on 3/15/2023 2:55:00 PM (view original):

18)beloud: Overall it looks like about 105 - 115 Usage% on the floor most of the time, Weighted EFG of about 56%, OReb roughly 44%, DReb roughly 94%, Ast roughly 63%, 80 weighted avg team defense, and To’s and Fouls are above average. My only concern is if Fat Lever ultimately helps you in the possession battle more than he hurts EFG. Overall excellent draft. I am giving you a chewy score of 77.5. (Highest so far)

Player

Pick #

Comments

Charles Barkley

Barkley went a little early for my liking but a good pick. Barkley provides Outstanding EFG at a high 26.7 usage but not great DReb for a PF. I think Barkely holds more value playing SF but his OReb is great. Defense is below average, TO's are too high, and Fouls are just ok. His defense should be sheltered by the versatility of elite defenders all around everywhere else.

Paul George

Paul George is a reigning champ. Although I think his highest value comes at playing SG. Paul George provides ok EFG efficiently, good rebounding and pretty good ast%. He also provides elite defense at multiple positions and obviously gives you plenty of 3's.

Jimmy Butler

Jimmy Butler provides just below avg EFG, but his value is his Defense, Rebounding, good Ast%, with very clean TO's and fouls. I'd like this more if he was going to play PG.

Robert Williams

This piece fits very well with Barkley, PG, and Jimmy Butler. Robert Williams is a guy with Ultra elite EFG but from an extremely low Usage rate, great defense, good OReb only, with clean TO's and Fouls. If he could improve his DReb, his value would increase.

Derrick Favors

Derrick Favors also fits in nicely with this team. Elite EFG from a 19.4% usage rate, great defense, clean TO's and fouls, and good OReb. Like Rob Williams, DReb is a little light for a PF/C.

Daniel Gafford

Gafford seems to be that super quality player who just never plays a lot of minutes. He provides super EFG, great Def, but fouls a lot and DReb is good only if playing SF.

Fat Lever

I have Fat Lever in Savage X and I like what he brings. I just don't think his EFG is worthy of being used in this 52 format. Yes, super elite Rebounding for a PG with 80 def, awesome cleanliness. But that EFG. I think you still could have had him and drafted someone else with one of your 6th round picks.

Thanks for the eval, chewy. Jimmy Buckets will come off the bench and play 11 mins at PG and 14 mins at SG, backing up Lever and Playoff P. I agree that I most likely would've been able to get Lever post-draft but I decided to play it safe and used one of my 6th round picks on him. I was still able to get what I needed out of the SF position to cover Barkley. All 4 of my SFs are good to great defensively (100, 99, 91, 86) and can guard the PF position. I'm pretty satisifed with my draft this season. You mentioned my main concern: defensive rebounding. I only have 3 guys with dReb higher than 20 and none of them play more than 13 mpg. I'm worried that teams with strong oReb will have a field day against me.
3/18/2023 9:54 AM
I was reading that and when I saw the 99 at SF my brain immediately went JORDAN BELL ALERT!
3/18/2023 10:13 AM
Evals are done. I wish I never win this league again. I may want to reconsider the level of effort I should put in if I have to do it again. Otherwise I want to apologize to everyone I was harsh on. I found that in an attempt to provide analysis, I found myself posting out the flaws and not focusing enough on the positive attributes. Hopefully I didn’t offend anyone. My team is not that good either so please don’t think my opinion is all that worthy of being respected.

good luck to all! I think we start soon.
3/19/2023 3:24 PM
you did it like a champ!
3/19/2023 3:29 PM
Yes, great job and thanks for sticking with it.
3/19/2023 3:42 PM
chewy great player by player assessments.
It's a ton of work and I appreciate the effort!
So many evenly matched teams this season.
It's going to be a scuffle! Sometimes the engine smiles on a team and they get on a roll at the right time.
Last season my team rolled out a 9-1 start and then
.500 rest of way. So maybe it'll be 1-9 this time.
3/19/2023 4:16 PM
Great job Chewy!
3/19/2023 7:16 PM
Thanks for the effort chewy, much fun
3/19/2023 7:44 PM
◂ Prev 1...9|10|11
52 commentary/rosters Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.