The 52 Draft Season LXXVI Commentary Topic

Posted by milest on 7/26/2022 10:36:00 AM (view original):
Posted by copernicus on 7/26/2022 8:43:00 AM (view original):
thanks for the evals - I thought long and hard about Oladipo but in the end didn't want to put that big ol' 30 usage at 53 efg in the mix
After reading the evals, it's apparent that jh HATES efficient 3 point shooters
This is very accurate.
7/26/2022 3:22 PM
Posted by HDS1 on 7/26/2022 8:35:00 AM (view original):
Posted by steelers821 on 7/25/2022 11:07:00 PM (view original):
Damn so many people from NC but nobody else from Charlotte. I’ve never been able to stand any of those three teams.
Ha! I assumed you were from Pittsburgh.
No somehow not. I’m not even sure how I became a Steelers fan. I’m not from the Carolina’s but I do prefer it to up north.
7/26/2022 10:41 PM

longtallbrad - Dwight Howard, Paul George, Draymond Green, Derek Harper, Robert Parish, DeMarcus Cousins, Cole Aldrich
In my mind, LTB has Dwight every season.
Questions: Seriously, How may times have you had him?
How I’d mess it up: I could never pick the right Parish season.
Who you got: Derek Harper. Very confused to see him added here. A dream spot for Jimmy for me.

Thanks for the evals, jh!

I considered trying Shaq (whom I used once in this league to zero success) or Jordan (never used him here), but yeah, I settled on Old Faithful. This is my fourth run with Howard, if I remember correctly. The first two tries resulted in championships, the third in an early round exit in the postseason.

I'm going with Parish's most expensive season...great efg%, and I'm okay with his 49D rating being by far the lowest in my starting lineup. Harper, in my opinion, has gotten very undervalued and virtually forgotten in this league due to recency bias and his utter lack of flair. For any old-timers who remember the legendary owner uvasooner, Harper and Terry Porter were two of his favorite PGs at this cap level. Harper plays a very clean game, efg% is fine for his usage level, gives you some 3s and is a stout defender. His ast% is a tad lower than what I look for in a primary distributor, but in this case I've got Draymond to share that role.

I looked at Butler at several points in this draft, but just couldn't find a season that fit what he was trying to do. Middling efg% and shoots 3s at a poor percentage.

It's risky to team Howard with another high usage player who scores much less efficiently (George), but the gamble paid off with Giannis and Wade two seasons ago and I was wooed by the fact that PG was a one stop shopping option for spacing the floor. The addition of Green brought a lot of flexibility and allowed me to shift George to SG. Absolutely no idea how this squad will do, but I look forward to seeing how such a wacky draft plays out on the floor and in the standings.
7/27/2022 12:18 PM
◂ Prev 1...17|18|19
The 52 Draft Season LXXVI Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.