ODL 83 Commentariatisms Topic

Posted by Uofa2 on 3/1/2022 12:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by robusk on 3/1/2022 12:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Uofa2 on 3/1/2022 11:50:00 AM (view original):
(Looks at everyone else’s roster)

well, ****
Deandre + Stockton has some historical success together in this league.
Yeah I felt great about my first two picks and then (faaaaart noise)
I actually quite like McHale and Boozer with those two.
3/1/2022 12:18 PM
Posted by copernicus on 3/1/2022 12:11:00 PM (view original):
the amount of talent still on the board is ridiculous
Biggest standouts to me:
Wade, Dwyane
Brand, Elton
Grant, Horace
Williams, Buck
Nance, Larry
Siakam, Pascal
3/1/2022 12:20 PM
Posted by robusk on 3/1/2022 12:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by copernicus on 3/1/2022 12:11:00 PM (view original):
the amount of talent still on the board is ridiculous
Biggest standouts to me:
Wade, Dwyane
Brand, Elton
Grant, Horace
Williams, Buck
Nance, Larry
Siakam, Pascal
Clean up the glass, Siakam!
3/1/2022 3:08 PM
I remember when Wade was drafted within the first two rounds of the ODL.........
3/1/2022 3:36 PM
Posted by ncmusician_7 on 3/1/2022 3:36:00 PM (view original):
I remember when Wade was drafted within the first two rounds of the ODL.........
He usually is. His ADP is 42.
3/1/2022 3:40 PM
This is the first time since at least 76 that Nic batum went undrafted
3/1/2022 6:22 PM
Problem is so many 100 SFs are getting over 20 DREB these days and SGs at 16-17
3/1/2022 8:58 PM
I'm pretty excited about my core. CP3, Penny, Donyell, Bam, and Boogie (Faried off the bench) gives me an average core EFG just shy of 55, gets my starting lineup just above 100% AST, and has enough rebounding to stay competitive, I think (120-140 CREB in most lineups). TOs are a tad high but not bad among starters, and the defense is pretty good. Scoring is pretty spread out, I'm projecting all 6 to have between 11 and 24 PPG.

There's still 55 minutes to fill behind those 6, but Reggie Evans + some cheapos is just enough to get it done without putting total turds out there.

I've also been unable to clear 'mediocre' in either of my two ODL seasons so far, so we'll see. Still, this feels like a playoff team.
3/1/2022 9:28 PM
As a first time governor in the ODL, and with only a few leagues of any kind under my belt, I found the draft really exhilarating. I couldn't keep up with everything, but felt glad to have read Ash's posts about building teams and looking at the last 4 ODL drafts,I didn't feel totally lost. After signing my final 5 guys, I did what I think was a pretty good job on AST%, CREB%, EFG%,, and we are going to hit some 3's.That said,I neglected to consider fouls and I only really thought about looking at the $/MIN and TO for players about 2/3 of the way through the process.

I am going to try something somewhat bold (I think), and start 86-87 Barkley at the 3 with only 96% eff...I heard it was done successfully with T MAC, and why not here in my first foray into the ODL? It will make me very big across the front court, and I didn't think about money enough during the first 5 rounds, so I need to find some cash to make sure I can still get usage from my bench players (who can't defend, incidentally)...anyway, that's what I'm going with. We'll hit the 3, defend and rebound a bit, pass, have decent efg%...beyond that, I don't know.

Loving the draft format to the point that I don't think I'm really going to do many leagues that aren't draft! Thanks for all the hard work you've all put into this league! Good luck to all!

Will
3/2/2022 10:16 AM (edited)
Welcome Will. We are glad to have you.
3/2/2022 10:25 AM
Posted by robusk on 3/2/2022 10:25:00 AM (view original):
Welcome Will. We are glad to have you.
Thanks. I really have no idea if I'm going to be competitive, and my first few leagues have been very humbling, but I'm excited to keep learning! Cheers!
3/4/2022 8:38 AM
don't get disheartened - this is one of the most competitive leagues going - I am trying to assess these teams for the division draft and it's down to coin flips in most cases
3/4/2022 11:04 AM
Morning all..Will I felt/feel the same way when it comes to the drafts. I just found them (baseball also) around 2 years ago now and I find them so much more enjoyable than the open league, especially with the basketball. Good luck this season.

Copernicus- the division draft always makes me shake my head (at robusk mostly haha jk) I moved teams around so many times, my eyes were going blurry lol..so I just hit the send the button to Ben

As for my team- I'm excited, I've never used David, Towns, Tobias, Moon before.. I'm hoping for a playoff team, but you just never know in this league!
3/5/2022 8:33 AM
◂ Prev 12
ODL 83 Commentariatisms Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.