$52 million draft league commentary Topic

This is my first draft in about 4 years. I have a few active teams, but they're my first ones in about 4 years.
I worked 23 hours the past 2 days and I rushed my 2nd rnd pick. There is 1 guy I wish I would taken for certain and another guy I would have at least considered
1 of them is taken. 1 isn't
4/16/2022 9:33 PM
I thought about Embiid as a back up if Stockton was taken right before me but I felt like 2200 minutes and only 53% at that usage was not quite worthy
4/17/2022 9:53 AM
Posted by copernicus on 4/17/2022 9:53:00 AM (view original):
I thought about Embiid as a back up if Stockton was taken right before me but I felt like 2200 minutes and only 53% at that usage was not quite worthy
I honestly wasn't sure Embiid would make it back to me but had the idea of pairing his and Jokic's 21-22 seasons together right off the bat, because who's a better backup for that Jokic season (only 2400 minutes itself) than that Embiid season? (Yeah, the 53.4% efg isn't great, but it's offset somewhat by the 81% FT shooting with utterly absurd FT rate.)

The 800 minutes or so they play together are going to be awkward due to neither being 100% at PF and neither being a great offensive rebounder. But it's still close to 4800 minutes of completely dominant post play between the two of them (with the exception of defense - Embiid has a good chance of getting an all-defensive team bump but that's not going to come soon enough for this league). Obviously I probably have more minutes to fill than most at this stage but at least it should be fun.
4/17/2022 3:11 PM
yeah PE was the other thing - which is dumb because why is the best Simmons season only 100 at PG or why cant Joel 100 at PF? I have no idea what the algo on PE is doing these days
4/17/2022 3:18 PM
Nonsensical position efficiency is nothing new. There are seasons where neither Larry Nance or Hot Rod Williams are 100% at SF, while they both started together at F. There are seasons where Anthony Mason started, and played the majority of his mins, at SF but isn't 100% at SF... You could say, well those guys were 'really' PFs playing SF... Maybe.. But their stats were acquired at SF... So, in the sim, the stats they acquired at SF are now penalized if you play them at the position they played in RL to acquire those stats. It doesn't make sense. Plus, why is Stockton 100% at SG when Chris Paul isn't? What's the difference? There are dozens of examples. Most of them I've forgotten by not playing for 4 years. Lol
4/17/2022 10:06 PM
LTB is building something exciting. I did pretty well last year with the Gobert and Dr. J combo...but I got Dr J in the second, so having Luka there too is going to work out well for that team.
4/18/2022 2:21 PM
This is a great draft so far. No utter head-scratchers, with the possible exception of my drafting Simmons at the top of the second. I knew he wouldn't be available when the draft came back around to me and I've been curious to try something like a Harden-Simmons combo for a while.
4/18/2022 3:15 PM
Posted by dontburnearl on 4/18/2022 2:21:00 PM (view original):
LTB is building something exciting. I did pretty well last year with the Gobert and Dr. J combo...but I got Dr J in the second, so having Luka there too is going to work out well for that team.
Thanks for the encouraging words. I'm winging it with this team and will need to watch the usage as I don't want Doc taking shots away from Doncic. Lot of gaps to fill but this trio gives me some flexibility for finding useful role players.
4/18/2022 3:18 PM
54.7 v 55.0 aint such a bad beat
4/18/2022 3:28 PM
Posted by copernicus on 4/17/2022 3:18:00 PM (view original):
yeah PE was the other thing - which is dumb because why is the best Simmons season only 100 at PG or why cant Joel 100 at PF? I have no idea what the algo on PE is doing these days
I mostly get it with Joel, who is a pure C. It's far more infuriating/difficult to understand with Simmons, who clearly can play and guard positions 1-4 (and arguably 5) interchangeably.
4/18/2022 3:54 PM
Posted by longtallbrad on 4/18/2022 3:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dontburnearl on 4/18/2022 2:21:00 PM (view original):
Thanks for the encouraging words. I'm winging it with this team and will need to watch the usage as I don't want Doc taking shots away from Doncic. Lot of gaps to fill but this trio gives me some flexibility for finding useful role players.
I am glad you took Dr J, because I would probably have a few picks later- and my usage would have been out of control (I would have been over 90 with my first 3 players), and I'd have a team that likely would have 200 3s or less on it.

4/18/2022 6:09 PM
Would like to let everybody know I made a real boneheaded mistake in a prog, and graciously Thomcat took pity on me.
4/18/2022 8:50 PM
LOL @ pick 48
4/19/2022 8:46 AM
Posted by jhsukow on 4/18/2022 8:51:00 PM (view original):
Would like to let everybody know I made a real boneheaded mistake in a prog, and graciously Thomcat took pity on me.
NP. Don't want my upcoming string of championships tainted by controversy.
4/19/2022 9:40 AM
The players I want keep being available, which is starting to make me doubt my team-building acumen.
4/19/2022 10:22 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...8 Next ▸
$52 million draft league commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.