The 52 Draft Season LXXVI Commentary Topic

yeah it is definitely close enough to just be a matter of taste I think
7/11/2022 4:29 PM
Posted by copernicus on 7/11/2022 4:08:00 PM (view original):
between the boards and the D I can accept a couple TO a game but is it even that? he's a 16% at most of his better seasons so what is that going to work out to be? one more a game? 2 more every now and then? how many opp possessions is he going to end 100 d and the rebounds?
Dwight averaged 18 Rebounds Per 48 min in 10-11 (the 16% to mentioned above) while Shaq averaged 16.4 in his best season of 99-00. When you subtract the each's TOs from those numbers Dwight's Rebounds become 13.4 per 48 while Shaq's goes down 13 per 48 min. So you are right the TO difference balances out the rebound difference. With the Defense, while Dwight's D rating might be 100 to Shaq's 80 Shaq has a blk% of 4.4 to Dwight's 3.8, so I think those balance each other out as well. So that's when it comes to FG% which both are in the upper 55+. Looking at the above facts maybe I was wrong to 2nd guess the Dwight pick as much as I did, they are pretty even, BUT I still think Shaq is a better pick because he gives you almost 40 minutes of extremely efficient 27.2+ usage. It's the same reason why I picked Kareem. You get those high usage point taken care of early you can address all your other team needs without having to worry so much about your team's scoring. But again between Kareem, Shaq, Dwight, and the Admiral its hard to go wrong with any of those picks. It just goes down to personal preference and drafting style.
7/11/2022 4:48 PM
I always have these ideas which I think are good, but 95% of the people here don’t like.

I don’t think sending site mails is the best way to let someone know they are up. Some people have the site mails forwarded to their e-mail, but I don’t think many people do that and it doesn’t always work.

The best way is to just text whoever is up. I have cell phone numbers of five different people I have met through WIS and it makes drafting better.

That being said, I understand that people don’t want to be giving out their cell phone numbers to relative strangers.

My idea is for anyone who is interested to give up their number to one person. That person could send out a message to everyone involved saying these are the usernames and these are the numbers. Hopefully, there would be six or eight people involved. Everyone would know who was in the group, but only one trustworthy person would know whose number belonged to whom. At the conclusion of the draft that person would be sent to Australia. Everyone would have a 52 Draft group on their phone and as soon as the draft is over we could all delete it and carry on. In this way we could speed up the draft and only one person would know your number, and they would delete it after the draft.

Let me know if anyone is interested in being a part of this. I just want the draft to go faster. We have been drafting for days and we are still in the first round.
7/11/2022 5:23 PM
Posted by samuelyork93 on 7/10/2022 7:26:00 PM (view original):
I'll get the ball rolling on this.
Can we talk about how Dwight Howard got picked before Shaq and a couple other guys?? That's crazy sauce to me.
Nikola is also surprising going as early as he did.
Jokic probably went a little too high, but I took him at 6 last season and made the finals. The defense should probably keep him out of the top 5, but everything else is so insanely good.
7/11/2022 5:33 PM
I think people have been taking Jokic a little high because he is the fun new toy. As long as you surround him with good defense you can still have a very good team.
7/11/2022 5:43 PM
Posted by samuelyork93 on 7/11/2022 4:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by copernicus on 7/11/2022 4:08:00 PM (view original):
between the boards and the D I can accept a couple TO a game but is it even that? he's a 16% at most of his better seasons so what is that going to work out to be? one more a game? 2 more every now and then? how many opp possessions is he going to end 100 d and the rebounds?
Dwight averaged 18 Rebounds Per 48 min in 10-11 (the 16% to mentioned above) while Shaq averaged 16.4 in his best season of 99-00. When you subtract the each's TOs from those numbers Dwight's Rebounds become 13.4 per 48 while Shaq's goes down 13 per 48 min. So you are right the TO difference balances out the rebound difference. With the Defense, while Dwight's D rating might be 100 to Shaq's 80 Shaq has a blk% of 4.4 to Dwight's 3.8, so I think those balance each other out as well. So that's when it comes to FG% which both are in the upper 55+. Looking at the above facts maybe I was wrong to 2nd guess the Dwight pick as much as I did, they are pretty even, BUT I still think Shaq is a better pick because he gives you almost 40 minutes of extremely efficient 27.2+ usage. It's the same reason why I picked Kareem. You get those high usage point taken care of early you can address all your other team needs without having to worry so much about your team's scoring. But again between Kareem, Shaq, Dwight, and the Admiral its hard to go wrong with any of those picks. It just goes down to personal preference and drafting style.
my 16% is the TOV% for the 'gooder' Dwight seasons

but also it's rbd% not counting stats or per48 though, right? Shaq gets close to Dwight on those grounds in one of his earlier seasons (but that one is also TO-ey, not to mention PF-ey) I think but mostly he is a 10-20 guy and never above 80d? so we're talking 12-28 90+ flex vs 10-22 80 (at best) in that department with 1 or 2 TOs per game to counter (and who the hell knows what that actually does mean to simmy? ben and rob and ash probably)

like I said it's just really close enough to be a matter of taste
7/11/2022 5:44 PM
It’s great talking to those guys and you mention a player and they’ll say, yeah, I have him rated #257 on my list.
7/11/2022 7:31 PM
Wade back in the first round. I think that's appropriate. And Oscar...there's a tip of the hat to honor and tradition. And wagonloads of quality minutes.
7/11/2022 7:33 PM
I have heard tell that era fg% might be back in play with future releases which might make Oscar a real beast
7/11/2022 8:47 PM
A couple reaches in a row and I suddenly wish I still had my first rounder lol
7/11/2022 9:19 PM
Posted by copernicus on 7/11/2022 8:47:00 PM (view original):
I have heard tell that era fg% might be back in play with future releases which might make Oscar a real beast
I believe that is on their to do list. I wonder, though, how far they will go with it. Will Walt Frazier become Beast Jr.?
7/11/2022 9:31 PM
I sent jonstephen25 a site mail about an hour ago and he has read it and he still hasn’t picked and I don’t know why.
7/11/2022 9:52 PM
Posted by Midge on 7/11/2022 9:52:00 PM (view original):
I sent jonstephen25 a site mail about an hour ago and he has read it and he still hasn’t picked and I don’t know why.
Let’s slow down a bit here. This is a newer guy to this format. us old heads know the guys that been the hella damn slow for years. I know I can be prickly to this people, but let’s try to be much gentler to new people and even to the people who have been gone for years and are returning.
7/12/2022 8:49 AM
I agree. I always just want the draft to go faster. I also don’t understand when people know they are up and still take a long time to pick. I’m not trying to pick on jonstephen25 because he did not take a long time. Also, it’s nice having some new and returning people involved. Hopefully, they will have fun with the draft and will become part of the drafting community.
7/12/2022 10:16 AM
I WANT TO PICK NOW!!!!

that is all...
7/12/2022 11:36 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...19 Next ▸
The 52 Draft Season LXXVI Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.