Savage VI Rosters/Commentary Topic

Posted by ncmusician_7 on 1/5/2022 10:33:00 PM (view original):
I corrected the World 2 results (not sure what I was looking at). So the accuracy was actually 62.5%.
All the more impressive. You make a lot of money in Vegas at that rate.
1/6/2022 8:47 AM
Posted by robusk on 1/5/2022 3:58:00 PM (view original):
Couple musings:
  • I don't have the numbers for season 1, but for every other season, ncmusician just finished the regular season in 4th place with the lowest combined DREB% on record. Pretty impressive he was able to do that while also have low threes and bad fouls. Leading the league in eFG% differential certainly had a lot to do with that.
  • tarheel1991 with just an amazing closing run on the season. I think he was around 10 or 11 at the halfway mark and finished the regular season in 5th!
  • 2kpyrite with a nice 3rd place regular season finish, sneaking a fourth team in the playoffs on the last game of the season!
  • jcred5, currently in second, is the only coach with two different heavy title favorites.
  • bds9992 with a pretty incredible feat: he may have only gotten one playoff team in, but it finished with the best record in what looks to be a tougher conference. A title favorite! Getting his second SLBk title in Savage of all places would be a huge accomplishment
  • Can benhoidal salvage this season by closing out with a title in W3?
  • benhoidal, Midge, ysw128, raggedclaws and dh555 all had to go through brutal division draws while seapilots, jcred5, tarheel1991 and 24kpyrite had a little more luck in that regard.
  • While I am currently in the lead, I have no heavy title favorite. W4 team had the best record in all of Savage, but the 3rd and 4th best record teams are also in the world. W1 team has the 5th best record but the 6th and 8th best team by record are also in that world. Probably no better than a ~30% shot of even one 'ship which means this is still anyone's title to be had.
  • Only the second time in Savage history that only one coach gets the all 5 bonus and it came down to 4 teams vying for two playoff spots on the last game of the season in W2.
I'm surprised my closing run was so good with my best team stumbling to the finish line. For what it's worth I don't think the late surge is attributable to any coaching moves on my part; I think I just got unlucky in the first half of the season (especially the second quarter, where things sort of went off the rails) and my teams started playing more to their potential late. Frankly, with Lebron plus a fairly easy division draw, I don't consider 5th in the regular season to be much of an accomplishment

The weirdest thing to me is still my best team, in World 3. The division I was in was not all that great, but my team really struggled in it, going only 21-19 while going 31-11 against the rest of the league. As you noted earlier, rob, that division (and conference) were heavily weighted towards good rebounding teams, which exposed rebounding as a bigger weakness on that team than I thought it was, but I still don't quite understand why we couldn't do better in the division.
1/6/2022 9:17 AM
So much for carrying over any momentum from the regular season. Lost all three first round series 4-2 despite having home-court advantage in all 3. Ouch.
1/10/2022 1:05 PM
Posted by tarheel1991 on 1/10/2022 1:05:00 PM (view original):
So much for carrying over any momentum from the regular season. Lost all three first round series 4-2 despite having home-court advantage in all 3. Ouch.
Damn, all three? That’s brutal.
1/11/2022 8:13 AM
So DH..... are you thinking about doing Savage 7 prior to the new players coming out?
1/13/2022 11:35 AM
Posted by jcred5 on 1/13/2022 11:35:00 AM (view original):
So DH..... are you thinking about doing Savage 7 prior to the new players coming out?
It's still 3 months until the regular season ends, and it's only been two and a half months since the draft for Savage VI started. Imo there's plenty of time for a season, it comes down to if folks want a break or not. And how long the league takes to fill
1/13/2022 1:22 PM
I’m ready to go.
1/13/2022 1:45 PM
Posted by raggedclaws on 1/13/2022 1:22:00 PM (view original):
It's still 3 months until the regular season ends, and it's only been two and a half months since the draft for Savage VI started. Imo there's plenty of time for a season, it comes down to if folks want a break or not. And how long the league takes to fill
Yep - plenty of time. WIS seems to be doing pretty well at releasing new players within a few days of the end of the regular season. Then we'll get the updated defensive ratings in the summer when all defensive comes out.

I am definitely ready. Hopefully lots of other people are too.
1/13/2022 2:28 PM
I'm ready to draft in a position other than 9 or 10 so I can build different types of teams in Savage VII.
1/13/2022 5:39 PM
Posted by jcred5 on 1/13/2022 2:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by raggedclaws on 1/13/2022 1:22:00 PM (view original):
Yep - plenty of time. WIS seems to be doing pretty well at releasing new players within a few days of the end of the regular season. Then we'll get the updated defensive ratings in the summer when all defensive comes out.

I am definitely ready. Hopefully lots of other people are too.
Knowing dh, he is going to hold off until March Madness for the next season.
1/13/2022 6:44 PM
4 game 7s this afternoon. I feel terrible about all of them. What a ball of stress.
1/14/2022 10:01 AM
Posted by robusk on 1/14/2022 10:01:00 AM (view original):
4 game 7s this afternoon. I feel terrible about all of them. What a ball of stress.
I was checking playoff standings this morning and saw that. It's Friday, maybe a beer or glass of wine (if you drink) is in order for lunch.
1/14/2022 12:48 PM
Robusk has first place in the bag. A few teams still battling for 2nd.
1/14/2022 3:27 PM
Teams Left:
robusk - 5
jcred5 - 3
24kpyrite - 2
midge - 2
ncmusician_7 - 2
raggedclaws - 2
20ks - 1
bds9992 - 1
dontburnearl - 1
ysw128 - 1
1/14/2022 4:18 PM
Posted by ncmusician_7 on 1/14/2022 3:27:00 PM (view original):
Robusk has first place in the bag. A few teams still battling for 2nd.
Jcred5 still has a damn good shot. I need to execute this round.
1/14/2022 7:22 PM
◂ Prev 1...24|25|26|27|28...30 Next ▸
Savage VI Rosters/Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.