RELIGION DISCUSSION Topic

Posted by bruceleefan on 7/20/2022 9:56:00 AM (view original):
Yeah, the bear is supposed to be Russia and the Eagle of 4:7 and 8:4 is supposed to be us.

I don’t find it compelling but opinions differ.

Concerning the Roman Catholic Church, I won't speculate about any ties to the anti-christ, but they certainly have many teachings that seem to directly contradict scripture.
No one has a monopoly on explaining faith writings coming from 4 sets of writers at differing intervals of time writing for different audiences for different motivations none of which is proven or verifiable or indisputable and basic research tools do show the time line of the 4 gospels.
1. Mark
2. Matt
3. Luke
4. John

Some of the very finist biblical scholars of the gospels have studied which passages can be considered to have been the words of Jesus and which are not.

With basic contradictions - it is a given that some degree of doubt is intrinsic.
7/20/2022 10:23 AM
Re - The phrase used to send people to hell - with glee for many so called religious people - so called loving people - so called people who love God and Jesus and humanity.

I am the way - I am the truth - I am the light….

First of all - maybe it was never said by the real Jesus Schwartz….. So suspiciously intended for purposes of conversion. Which by the way - it has failed miserably
to make a dent in the 75% of the world population who sleep just fine even though some very sweet people contemplate the explosion of our heads in the end of days.

My opinion of the phrase. It was never intended to blow up heads and decimate the soul pool of almost the entire world. do

I read it to say - that Jesus lived his life in the one true godly way to live and his was the life you are to follow to get into heaven.
Whether you know of Jesus or do not know of Jesus if you live a moral life following in his footsteps then you will be in heaven.

If I was a christian that is how I would read it.

Any religion that relies upon threat is by very necessity a false and dishonest religion and far removed from any exalted status.

If the real Jesus was aware that his life was exploited to become the sentry for sending people to hell he would have been a shoe salesman instead.
7/21/2022 11:17 AM
I am waiting for a few people to say I am going to hell because I don’t believe that Jesus would send people to hell.
The wild and crazy irony.
7/21/2022 11:19 AM
Hey Kirk Cameron - you got a little ectoplasm on your right cheek.
7/21/2022 11:27 AM
I command nay nix - I commend you to read John Shelby Spong - passed at 90 years recently was an espiscopelelian bishop who wrote extensively on Jesus and christianity - a great man and an honest man of wisdom and sage insight. He wrote 54 books before his death in 2021.
Some of his great books are - Why Christianity Must Change or Die and The 4th Gospel - Tales of a Jewish Mystic.
He derided the belief in a false supernatural Jesus.
7/21/2022 11:41 AM
Another vital and extraordinary scholar of early christianity is John Dominic Crossan.
7/21/2022 11:49 AM
Another very important historian is Bart Ehrman.
7/21/2022 11:55 AM
Posted by Jetson21 on 7/21/2022 11:19:00 AM (view original):
I am waiting for a few people to say I am going to hell because I don’t believe that Jesus would send people to hell.
While you have some knowledge; your knowledge is limited, re: Salvation, heaven, and hell

Now read this

Revelation 21:8

“But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone

and John 3:18

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Rev 20:15 “And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.”

and the only ones in that Book of life are them who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.

Will your name be there??

7/22/2022 4:19 AM
Posted by lostnfound74 on 7/22/2022 4:19:00 AM (view original):
While you have some knowledge; your knowledge is limited, re: Salvation, heaven, and hell

Now read this

“But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Rev 20:15 “And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.”

and the only ones in that Book of life are them who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.

You think that because someone wrote something about 70 years after the death of Jesus that it is verbatim true.

Yes disrespect when you say “now read this” I have difficulty understanding how you live an independent life.
It is not normal to believe everything that you want to be true as if it is fact.

There are 16 million Mormons in the world with most in Utah. Based on the word of Joseph Smith - no witnesses - they think the same way as you.

Islam - 2 billion strong - no witnesses except for Mohammed’s brother. They believe in the jewish bible and think that Jesus was a prophet - as jesus himself referred to himself.

Buddhists - 500 million.
Hindu - 1 billion
Atheists / agnostics - 500 million

You sound like a real crazy person to me when you quote people that were not there and were zealots In other words people who gave up reasoning to spread fantasy as fact thereby leading to people such as you with compromised intellect and brain damaged by loving a God that is a horrible psychotic being and a schizophrenic Jesus who died for humanity and became the least human person in the history of earth.

As a God Jesus is quite the devil.

I do believe that those who believe what you believe about goodness being equivalent to sending people to hell are condemned to live broken and to an extent worthless lives.
7/22/2022 8:18 AM (edited)
Again - to you - when you find proof of any of your talk tales and sick hateful brainwashing lunacy please let me know.

When it comes to making up my own mind without fear and with only respect for the potential creator of this universe I quite frankly am free of shackles.

It helps me to seek out truth or to understand truth in all aspects of life and living
something that the poor blind deaf and willfully dumb like you can never do or understand.
7/22/2022 8:10 AM
Every time you quote the bullshit and expect me to suddenly bow down and get seized by belief
the only thing that goes through my mind is how does someone fall so low as to believe in such a satanic God and such disreputable and hate filled lies.

I have literally no fear and less then zero belief in a God that hates the vast majority of the human population.

Poor poor you.
See ya - would not want to be ya.
7/22/2022 8:23 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by Mwett on 7/22/2022 8:39:00 AM (view original):
Posted by lostnfound74 on 7/22/2022 4:19:00 AM (view original):

Now read this

Ok you suck for reprinting him and I unfortunately took the bait. For 48 hours everyone else has rightly seen to leave it all alone while he goes on his multi rants.

Leave him be. His bed is made. He and his ilk intentionally want to engage in this lunacy that his 1-way wrong mind might try to trip up truth and get other skeptics to incorrectly buy in.

He reminds me a lot of Trump, not that I care either way about politics. Yell as loud and often and obnoxiously as you can which means he wins, never mind facts and decency nor taking others down with you, and even with the writing on the wall continue to lie cheat and steal and incorrectly influence others, just like his real father the devil.

Leave him be. He gets what he gets. I doubt in heaven we'll sarcastically be able to salute his demise with $1 Friday Nite tequila shots, but his tool act no longer grabs my attention down here. This guy seriously has mental issues, but knows just enough to be held accountable.
in your afterlife - hell is where the good people go and heaven is for bums and lunatics and hate mongering brain damaged mass murderers.
7/22/2022 8:45 AM
You keep taking the bait every day and every time.
Nothing that you post has any effect on me except that I know with my mind and heart that you are obviously a complete and thoroughly bad person.
Im talking about your intent and out of control hatred.

My question is what kind of life beyond your crazy train religious beliefs do you have or is it even possible to have.
You and the other lunatic.

What has your so called religion gotten you?
7/22/2022 8:51 AM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...27|28|29|30|31...33 Next ▸
RELIGION DISCUSSION Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.