Hey Seble we cant fill leagues Topic

This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
10/4/2009 12:43 AM
I think this thread is the all-time leader for deleted posts.
10/4/2009 10:36 AM
they deleted the sitemail post now too

I went to the Fox sports site and you have to search in a sub-sub category of fantasy to even find a link to WiS

and that link is driven by the weakest aspect of their appeal - their often flawed predictive simulations

10/4/2009 10:43 AM
Actually, my big take-away from this thread is that it's time for another trash-talking league. *sigh* I miss glove.

Glad to see Trevor's twist-a-year league filled up and that BOWIS is doing decent business. There are things that drive me crazy about this sim but they don't seem to be the same things that drive others crazy, so I mostly keep my yap shut in these threads. I still happily pump nickels and dimes into the product, but have pretty much zero interest in open leagues until another big sim revision comes along. In the meantime, I suspect that allowing variable league size is a great business decision the admin/owners could easily make.
10/4/2009 10:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by longtallbrad on 10/04/2009Actually, my big take-away from this thread is that it's time for another trash-talking league.  *sigh*  I miss glove.

Don't know about a trash talking league, but you certainly couldn't have a trash league without sly. I mean, who else could combine incest and rape in a post about basketball?
10/4/2009 12:34 PM
FYI: I won the first trash talk league.
10/4/2009 12:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by slymonium on 10/04/2009FYI: I won the first trash talk league.
Oh, yes, that was a great league and a great finals, sly - down 3-0, come back to tie it 3-all, only to lose game 7... the closest I've ever come to winning a ring with the 50 pt Wilt.
Pretty sure my starters were
Wilt
Govan (the cheap 14 reb, 4 ast one)
Mike Miller
Darrell Walker
and Billups

No way would that team reach the Finals now though.
10/4/2009 3:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by slymonium on 10/04/2009FYI: I won the first trash talk league.

YOU'RE THE MAN NOW, DOG!
10/4/2009 3:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shapandrew7 on 10/04/2009
YOU'RE THE MAN NOW, DOG!

I know.
10/4/2009 3:35 PM

Congratulations?
10/4/2009 3:43 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By slymonium on 10/04/2009FYI: I won the first trash talk league
Obviously, I wasn't in it lol
10/5/2009 11:18 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By chester_o on 10/04/2009
they deleted the sitemail post now too

I went to the Fox sports site and you have to search in a sub-sub category of fantasy to even find a link to WiS

and that link is driven by the weakest aspect of their appeal - their often flawed predictive simulations

I just checked this out - if you arent looking for it you wont find it - it just says 'simulations' on a pull down under fantasy

not much effort on Fox's part
10/5/2009 5:05 PM
I don't know how/why the people in power at WIS/FOX don't see the enormous potential with this game/site...at its very core concepts, this is the sports gaming site that I've always wanted to play at and in theory it allows me to do everything I've wanted to do simulation wise since I was about 5 years old.

The one constant about WIS is that it has always been severely mis-managed
10/5/2009 10:27 PM
Enormous? I don't think so.

Most people don't want to do anything "simulation wise."
10/6/2009 12:03 PM
You are like my little troll, just following me around to disagree with everything I say.

The fact is, the possibilities on this site are INFINITE and you can build teams from EVERY year in sports history and play against others from across the country and a few around the world. Show me somewhere else that you can do that...there isn't one.

All of the CONCEPTS on this site are great, but what they seem to do is make changes in spite of customer satisfaction because I can't tell you how many threads I've read talking about how games have changed for the worse. Personally, I enjoy text/strategy games better than "push button" games because A. there is more variety and B. its more about team/lineup building and strategizing than seeing who pushes buttons the fastest or best.
10/6/2009 12:23 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Hey Seble we cant fill leagues Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.