A league that is 10 owners short can't start drafting.

The NBA Theme Leagues section of this website is about as slow as frozen molasses running uphill.

We have not yet generated even one new owner.

It's going to be awhile before this league fills and can begin drafting.
11/1/2009 8:22 PM
I have zero interest in joining a league where I have no idea what team / players I will end up with. I very much agree with those returning owners who think you should do the Draft. What is there to lose? Even if you make it through the 14 owners signed-up with nobody else joining, what was lost? On the other hand, I believe several, including maybe myself, would join if they knew they could have a certain team or not. Besides, I've also noticed the trend where the last 5 or 6 teams go much faster than ones in the middle. Owners want leagues that are going to start soon, so why not get as close to starting as possible?
11/2/2009 7:55 AM
Thats o.k. jmartz. We have 12 with high interest not knowing what teams will be available. Your statement says "one and done", right? I mean if you played this season then you would not commit to next year unless you knew what teams were available, right?

Also, the baseball sim will delete any unfilled theme league after a couple weeks or a month. I believe this sim also has the same feature. Doesn't make sense to sit idle and get dumped only to do it again.

For the sake of sanity I'll prep the draft board for picks and begin tomorrow allowing picks without a schedule. I will not set a schedule unless we are full.
11/3/2009 9:33 AM
I might very well be one-and-done if I join. I didn't realize you were asking owners to make multiple-season commitments. I find it hard to believe you'd need 12 teams if that were the case.

Since there are Leagues sitting out there that were created in February 2008, I don't think you need to worry about it getting deleted if you start it. Besides, nobody is even suggesting you start a League anytime soon, just start the Draft.

Hopefully the 12 highly interested owners will make picks so potential new owners can then join in.
11/3/2009 9:49 AM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
11/3/2009 10:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jmartz on 11/03/2009I might very well be one-and-done if I join.  I didn't realize you were asking owners to make multiple-season commitments.  I find it hard to believe you'd need 12 teams if that were the case.Since there are Leagues sitting out there that were created in February 2008, I don't think you need to worry about it getting deleted if you start it.  Besides, nobody is even suggesting you start a League anytime soon, just start the Draft.Hopefully the 12 highly interested owners will make picks so potential new owners can then join in.

Sack up and join, JMartz. You can run to the finals if you know what you're doing from the 15th slot.
11/3/2009 11:22 AM
I'm not sure if I'm 13 or 15 or what, but count me in. At least that will be one less you need.
11/3/2009 11:31 AM
You'll be 15 for now... if any above you opt out you move up a slot.

Thanks for jumping in. Hopefully the ball keeps rolling.
11/3/2009 1:02 PM
the Boston Celtics will attempt the three-peat
11/3/2009 1:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jmartz on 11/03/2009I'm not sure if I'm 13 or 15 or what, but count me in.  At least that will be one less you need.

Good work, brother. See you in the league. Guarantee this one fills.
11/3/2009 2:28 PM
Draft Order

1. captainzen Boston Celtics
2. bsmuke L.A. Lakers
3. fool14 Orlando Magic
4. zlionsfan S.A. Spurs
5. democolson
6. jethroeg
7. talismen25
8. ncih
9. all3
10. uvasooner
11. jakotay
12. sweg
13. chester_o
14. shapandrew7
15. jmartz
11/3/2009 3:32 PM
I'll take a second team
11/3/2009 7:34 PM
do we sitemail the guy after us after we draft?
11/3/2009 9:56 PM
yes
11/3/2009 10:00 PM
bsmuke is known to miss a day or two checking in.... hopefully he'll post soon..
11/3/2009 11:35 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.