(DDL) 33--The 70's- Commentary Topic

Nchih took Maurice Lucas. Great pick. I did extensive research after I took Heard as to who my next pick should be, I need a forward or a center. I had determined that Lucas was the best option. Not surprised that he didn't last long.
5/30/2022 8:22 PM
I am surprised to see that several teams have not taken any guards yet, although maybe they have a SF that is gonna be a SG.
5/30/2022 10:54 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Just noticed that Magic and Bird are on the same team.
5/30/2022 11:20 PM
So, I made the mistake in my 1st draft league not long ago about talking about players yet to be drafted and was called out by several owners. I have mixed feelings about the unwritten policy, but after thinking on it, I agree. But tbh only for selfish reasons. There are several players that I, in my imaginary world of being this great NBA GM and talent/statistics evaluator, have identified that should probably have already been drafted and am hoping no one mentions their name and gives away my great secret, or my world will come crumbling down. :) ;)
5/30/2022 11:28 PM
"Winning Time" may have a lot of historical inaccuracies, however I'll tell you 1 thing they're not inaccurate about. Early in episode one a young boy asks Kareem for his autograph and Kareem promptly says, "F*** Y** kid! Back in the late 70's I was a locker room attendant for the Suns'. Most players were really generous with autographs and would even occasionally throw you a wrist band or if you were lucky maybe even a pair of shoes. I had ALL the Lakers' autographs except for Kareem. After the game, it was just he and I in the hallway, and there I was, a 16-year-old kid asking for his autograph. Guess what he said? F*** Y*** kid! Hahahahahahah I laughed my hind end off during that scene of the show and have been hooked ever since!
5/30/2022 11:34 PM (edited)
Posted by riftonapple on 5/30/2022 11:28:00 PM (view original):
So, I made the mistake in my 1st draft league not long ago about talking about players yet to be drafted and was called out by several owners. I have mixed feelings about the unwritten policy, but after thinking on it, I agree. But tbh only for selfish reasons. There are several players that I, in my imaginary world of being this great NBA GM and talent/statistics evaluator, have identified that should probably have already been drafted and am hoping no one mentions their name and gives away my great secret, or my world will come crumbling down. :) ;)
Agreed, table talk is absolutely poor form and frowned upon universally in fantasy sports
5/31/2022 12:12 AM
I agree it is generally been observed in all the basketball leagues I have been in that it is bad form to mention players yet to be drafted in the comment section.

So Savoy would it be possible for you to remove your post mentioning a player yet to be drafted?
5/31/2022 8:33 AM
Never mind, aforementioned player was just picked
5/31/2022 8:55 AM
Posted by samuelyork93 on 5/31/2022 8:33:00 AM (view original):
I agree it is generally been observed in all the basketball leagues I have been in that it is bad form to mention players yet to be drafted in the comment section.

So Savoy would it be possible for you to remove your post mentioning a player yet to be drafted?
Too late, but my plan worked. I wanted someone to take McGinnis before my pick, so maybe the guy I wanted will still be available.
5/31/2022 4:30 PM
Okay, my 5 starters are set. Any comments?

PG - Buse
SG - Clark
SF - Brown
PF - Heard
C - Haywood

5/31/2022 4:48 PM
Posted by savoybg on 5/31/2022 4:30:00 PM (view original):

Too late, but my plan worked. I wanted someone to take McGinnis before my pick, so maybe the guy I wanted will still be available.
Honest opinion here. Not ok with this^^^^^ I get the strategy but its not my cool by my estimation. Its 100% not fair to anyone hoping that guy will drop.
5/31/2022 6:45 PM
Goetz- looks like decent team. You have good rebounding, defense and passing. No real productive shooters but that is the 70s: I predict you’ll have a better record than Savoy
5/31/2022 7:06 PM
Posted by samuelyork93 on 5/31/2022 6:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by savoybg on 5/31/2022 4:30:00 PM (view original):

Honest opinion here. Not ok with this^^^^^ I get the strategy but its not my cool by my estimation. Its 100% not fair to anyone hoping that guy will drop.
So, Savoy, if I had talked up Buse (remember your "Whew!) 5 or 10 slots before your pick, you would be OK with that?

Knowing you needed a SF type for your 5th starter you would have no problem if I mentioned, before your slot came up, all the good SFs not yet picked?
5/31/2022 7:21 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...8 Next ▸
(DDL) 33--The 70's- Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.