New Feature: Defensive Positioning Topic

Quote: Originally Posted By chester_o on 3/17/2008
seble, who asked for this?
Didn't this come out of the last survey?
3/18/2008 12:45 AM
Would you like to be able to set defensive focus (perimeter/paint)?
53% Sure, this sounds good.
31% I really want this.
13% I don't really care.
2% I'm not sure this is a good idea.
1% I absolutely do not want this.

84% wanted it. 13% didn't care.
3/18/2008 12:48 AM
monkee and colonels seem a lil *** hurt. You boys need a tissue? Even though malone said he was "Just Kidding", I could feel your sensitivity. Get over yourselves. Colonels, I hope you get Joe Blacked by tomorrow morning. And monkee, you ARE the ultimate stat-head and also the biggest ******** on the site.
And no, I'm not "just kidding". You two truly suck.
As far as this option, let's see how it works out. Seems like most of the 3% has showed up on this thread.
3/18/2008 9:41 AM
Yea Seble I get your point, looks like an interesting option, one that could make the game more realistic.
Now we'll have to find out to what extent it will affect the games.
Have you guys made any testings on this?
3/18/2008 10:22 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By selvendar on 3/18/2008
monkee and colonels seem a lil *** hurt. You boys need a tissue? Even though malone said he was "Just Kidding", I could feel your sensitivity. Get over yourselves. Colonels, I hope you get Joe Blacked by tomorrow morning. And monkee, you ARE the ultimate stat-head and also the biggest ******** on the site.
And no, I'm not "just kidding". You two truly suck.
As far as this option, let's see how it works out. Seems like most of the 3% has showed up on this thread.
Or perhaps a lot of the 84% who wanted this have already...

I've always been against overcomplication of this game and its something that Hurley mentioned as well. Seble starts throwing around maybes and probablys and you guys get all excited and wet in the drawers...I don't...I'm not a fan of the "If it ain't broke, fix it anyway" mantra...you can overstir the batter. This will just be another excuse for WIS customer support as to why you lost or why X player had a bad game.

In the end, this is what the majority wanted, so its good business to put in place what the majority of your players want...however I'll argue its rather poorly explained, and I'll ask how many people who took that survey are still here?

Just remember, just because a new cool/snazzy feature was added to the game, it doesn't mean that the game has improved...
3/18/2008 10:56 AM
I pay $9.95 per NBA sim team (primarily because I suck and can't earn credits). So why would I want a bare minimum number of options available to me?? The more options that you can give me that can reasonably be employed in the game simulations, the better.
I have dabbled in the MLB and NFL sims (freebie leagues), and I was startled by how many different options and settings were available. I can set all of my settings for a new NBA team in five minutes. It would take at least an hour in the NFL and MLB sims! I don't blame WIS for "neglecting" the NBA sim, but I do question why people would want fewer options!
3/18/2008 12:01 PM
i.e., I like this new feature, and I want more.
3/18/2008 12:02 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By seble on 3/12/2008It's a team setting, so it indicates as a team how you want to play
not sure if this was mentioned but I assume the current setting will be able to be viewed by the opposing coach before games start, yes?
3/18/2008 1:00 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By garyman on 3/18/2008
Quote: Originally Posted By seble on 3/12/2008
It's a team setting, so it indicates as a team how you want to play.
not sure if this was mentioned but I assume the current setting will be able to be viewed by the opposing coach before games start, yes
Why would it??? So that your opponents strategy can be adjusted to? You would just counter what he was doing. I think it is stupid that you can see what off and def your opponent is running as it stands currently, does a RL coach tell the opposing coach "Hey we are running uptempo, just to let you know!" It should be hidden.
3/18/2008 1:24 PM
easy earl.. I totally agree w/ you but since the O and D settings are visible, then these probably will be too. seble?
3/18/2008 2:08 PM
If anything they should strip away the right to see what off/def your opponent is running.
3/18/2008 2:45 PM
You won't be able to see your opponent's defensive positioning prior to the game.
3/18/2008 2:47 PM
Deleted previous post for accuracy.
3/18/2008 3:02 PM
During a game the coaches obviously see what strategy the opponent is using so that is why, unless/until we can set in-game strategy match-ups (which is an option I would like to have, but some owners would say complicates the game...), we should be able to see what the other team is doing or planning to do.
3/18/2008 4:46 PM
jones, in what sport does the opponent TELL YOU what they are going to do? Seriously, it takes away your advantage as a coach to outsmart the opponent by always keeping them guessing. Imagine coaches meeting up before games and exchanging gameplans????? If that's the case than why not let us see what the other owner has as his target minutes?
3/18/2008 4:56 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6|7 Next ▸
New Feature: Defensive Positioning Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.