DH $52M Draft League LIV Topic

I'm fine with the current draft order. I just didn't understand the rules. I thought that closer to 1 was default. That is a rule in other draft leagues and I just assumed it was in this one. If it isn't, it isn't and that's my fault. It should be stated in the rules that closer to 24 is default if that is indeed the rule. Also, preferences shouldn't have to be declared until after lottery results are posted. I realize that I specifically wouldn't need to wait until after lotto results this go around, but that should still be the rule. I was late anyway regardless of what the rules would have been- I know that, but again, I was assuming the rule was closer to 1. I have been spending just enough time to manage teams lately and didn't open my SMs until this afternoon. Again- my bad- I have no issue with taking responsibility for being late.. I just didn't understand the rules, so I didn't understand the draft order. My main question all along was 'how' was this order determined- and the 'closer to 24' default explains that.. I'm good with it. But If everyone else wants to change it to 'closer to 1' then I'm good with that too. Whatever you guys decide... Politicians is just dramatic theater, btw. Politics gives you the illusion of choice.. Left-wing/Ring-wing.. 2 wings working in unison to drive and steer the same bird of prey.
5/23/2016 11:50 PM
I see I've missed some draft action and a lot of scintillating debate during a day of travel. Not sure I have time to figure out what happened or what should have happened. But based on what I'm gleaning from a quick read...

I actually don't think there should be a "default" draft positioning. My preference would be that you're not signed up for the next season until you've indicated which end of the draft you'd rather be closest to. I suppose owners who have signed up can always change that preference, as long as they post it clearly and the draft hasn't begun.

All that said, dh has done a great job of running this league and I'm pretty willing to support his judgment regarding its operation whether or not I agree with it fully.
5/23/2016 11:56 PM
I'm going to bed. My alarm is set for exactly 5 hours from now
5/24/2016 12:01 AM
Ah, reading back a little further I can see milest's reasoning about playoff outcome determining preference for draft positioning.
5/24/2016 12:44 AM
In other news, does Jordan ever go this low? Fifth seems high for Paul, who I think belongs in the 13-18 range. I get why the novelty that is 15-16 Stephen Curry went #3 this time, but I suspect that over the next 3 or so season he subsides a bit. 2700 minutes isn't a lot, and drafting him means you'd better have a short list of interior scorers who might be available for the second round because otherwise it'll be mighty tempting for the defensive to stack the perimeter.
5/24/2016 8:32 AM
Any thoughts on the KAJ/Dwade combo?
5/24/2016 9:24 AM
High risk, high reward. You'll need to piece together enough rebounding, D and additional 3s from your 2 5ths and 3 6ths. I think you'll get the rebounding and 3s but complementing with enough D and in sufficient minutes could be an issue.
5/24/2016 10:16 AM
Posted by longtallbrad on 5/24/2016 8:32:00 AM (view original):
In other news, does Jordan ever go this low? Fifth seems high for Paul, who I think belongs in the 13-18 range. I get why the novelty that is 15-16 Stephen Curry went #3 this time, but I suspect that over the next 3 or so season he subsides a bit. 2700 minutes isn't a lot, and drafting him means you'd better have a short list of interior scorers who might be available for the second round because otherwise it'll be mighty tempting for the defensive to stack the perimeter.
I don't know, I think Jordan belongs in the 5-10 range. Paul goes high because point guards go higher than they probably should in draft leagues lately. There are a lot of guys later you can pair with Curry, you just may have to sacrifice defense or rebounding. Personally I see him as a top 3.
5/24/2016 10:18 AM
So if eleibowitz and milest move to closer to 1 where are they picking? Is eleibowitz going to move into mikee1's spot who is currently up? The poll shows The poll has 22 votes with 12 for letting them move closer to 1 and 10 votes for keeping it as is. That's 55% closer to 1 and 45% stay where we are at. Do we need the final 2 votes?
5/24/2016 11:27 AM (edited)
Posted by vancem on 5/24/2016 11:27:00 AM (view original):
So if eleibowitz and milest move to closer to 1 where are they picking? Is eleibowitz going to move into mikee1's spot who is currently up? The poll shows The poll has 22 votes with 12 for letting them move closer to 1 and 10 votes for keeping it as is. That's 55% closer to 1 and 45% stay where we are at. Do we need the final 2 votes?
I didn't vote. I didn't think I should. I think it is unfair for eleibowitz bc he was in the lottery. He shouldn't have had to declare before the lottery results were posted. That just doesn't make any sense. . In my case, if the rule is 'closer to 24' is default, then I have no problem staying where I am, but I have to vote in favor of changing bc that's what is fair for eleibowitz.
5/24/2016 12:06 PM
I voted. All 24 votes are in. Looks like it was 13 to 11.. There's simply no way that lottery participants should have to declare before lottery results are announced. Not sure how 11 ppl disagree with that logic
5/24/2016 12:16 PM
Posted by milest on 5/24/2016 12:16:00 PM (view original):
I voted. All 24 votes are in. Looks like it was 13 to 11.. There's simply no way that lottery participants should have to declare before lottery results are announced. Not sure how 11 ppl disagree with that logic
Yep that's always the way it's been.
5/24/2016 12:18 PM
I disagree. Why the flip does it matter where you fall in the lottery? If you don't like your spot, trade out of it. Cjok's always looking for first-rounders to accumulate. If you can't trade it, suck it up. Just build the best team you can with what you're given. If it's not good enough, congrats! You're right back in the lotto 2 months later. And you never know, you might surprise yourself with how well you're able to build (both of you are experienced winners who can do that). Stop b!tching and do work son!

Also, I thought that there was an agreement to post "closer to 1/24" when you re-upped, and if you didn't, you were either lazy or an @sshole. Maybe that's just me, but it looks like 10 other people agree with at least some of my logic.
5/24/2016 12:59 PM
Posted by hoopsdude on 5/24/2016 1:00:00 PM (view original):
I disagree. Why the flip does it matter where you fall in the lottery? If you don't like your spot, trade out of it. Cjok's always looking for first-rounders to accumulate. If you can't trade it, suck it up. Just build the best team you can with what you're given. If it's not good enough, congrats! You're right back in the lotto 2 months later. And you never know, you might surprise yourself with how well you're able to build (both of you are experienced winners who can do that). Stop b!tching and do work son!

Also, I thought that there was an agreement to post "closer to 1/24" when you re-upped, and if you didn't, you were either lazy or an @sshole. Maybe that's just me, but it looks like 10 other people agree with at least some of my logic.
Hoops we are not talking about that. The way Its been run lottery results are posted and then you can make your final selection. If we want to change it fine (which I don't agree). Then we should of been notified of the change.

DH is a great commish and probably just did it because he was busy. But the above should and does stand
5/24/2016 1:32 PM
Posted by hoopsdude on 5/24/2016 1:00:00 PM (view original):

Lol at that bunch of nonsense. If you can't see why an owner would like to see where he landed in the lottery before making a decision, then nothing I can do will help you comprehend. It's pretty obvious and simple to comprehend for intelligent people. And obviously you haven't been reading what I wrote. I'm not ******** about my spot. I don't care. I didn't understand how the order was determined and asked for an explanation. That's different from ********. But I don't expect u to comprehend that either if you don't understand why someone wants to see how they land in the lottery before making a decision... I'm far more bothered about eleibowitz getting shafted that I am concerned about my own spot. I'll draw a number from a hat. I don't care. I'm confident in my skills. It is FACT that other draft leagues use closer to 1 as default. I didn't understand the order and asked for clarification bc I assumed that was the rule here as well.
5/24/2016 1:37 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9|10...27 Next ▸
DH $52M Draft League LIV Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.