Climate Change Today or Don’t Look Up Topic

Posted by Lennybruce26 on 8/22/2023 11:46:00 PM (view original):
More then 200 long-standing records were shattered in some Midwest and southern states since Friday August 18.
There was a 130 degrees and higher heat index in Kansas on Sunday August 20.
Home heat Home.
In Maple ridge (25 miles east of down town Vancouver) we set a record for Aug 18 and it hit 92 F. No hear index. heat index. means nothing to me

2 years ago we had a record hot day at 105 Fah.

The rest of our summer has been on the mild side. and we had 4-5 days where it was 94-96f. That's it
8/25/2023 4:37 PM

• California Drought Undeniable Evidence Of Climate Change - UPDATE: California Rain Undeniable Evidence Of Climate Change

SACRAMENTO — Governor Gavin Newsom confirmed what climate scientists have been saying for years, that the devastating California drought is undeniable evidence of climate change.

The California governor posed for a photo op while crouched next to a pitiful dead plant as he discussed the science. "People who deny climate change clearly haven't seen California. A lot of it is desert. And it's only going to get worse," he said as it started raining.

"Excuse me, I misspoke. California rain is undeniable evidence of climate change."

Newsom quickly moved away from the dead plant to pose next to an overflowing swimming pool just in time.

"Whew! Good save, Gavin," the governor told himself. "That was a close one. People almost didn't believe you!"

At publishing time, climate scientists agreed that literally anything is evidence of climate change if you believe hard enough.

8/25/2023 4:49 PM
Posted by lostnfound74 on 8/25/2023 4:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Lennybruce26 on 8/22/2023 11:46:00 PM (view original):
More then 200 long-standing records were shattered in some Midwest and southern states since Friday August 18.
There was a 130 degrees and higher heat index in Kansas on Sunday August 20.
Home heat Home.
In Maple ridge (25 miles east of down town Vancouver) we set a record for Aug 18 and it hit 92 F. No hear index. heat index. means nothing to me

2 years ago we had a record hot day at 105 Fah.

The rest of our summer has been on the mild side. and we had 4-5 days where it was 94-96f. That's it
as you have clearly demonstrated, many things mean nothing to you. You either don't understand them or they don't fit in with your narrow world view.
8/25/2023 7:49 PM
doug and lnf

HAHAHA everyone else is stupid !!
8/25/2023 9:09 PM
Posted by DougOut on 8/25/2023 4:49:00 PM (view original):

• California Drought Undeniable Evidence Of Climate Change - UPDATE: California Rain Undeniable Evidence Of Climate Change

SACRAMENTO — Governor Gavin Newsom confirmed what climate scientists have been saying for years, that the devastating California drought is undeniable evidence of climate change.

The California governor posed for a photo op while crouched next to a pitiful dead plant as he discussed the science. "People who deny climate change clearly haven't seen California. A lot of it is desert. And it's only going to get worse," he said as it started raining.

"Excuse me, I misspoke. California rain is undeniable evidence of climate change."

Newsom quickly moved away from the dead plant to pose next to an overflowing swimming pool just in time.

"Whew! Good save, Gavin," the governor told himself. "That was a close one. People almost didn't believe you!"

At publishing time, climate scientists agreed that literally anything is evidence of climate change if you believe hard enough.

Gavin's mind is totally reprobate and is twisted beyond measure. When a state of 40 million continues to elect such idiots, they get what they deserve: Incompetence in the State Capital, increased inflation, and spiralling crime rates. OH.. WAIT. Looting is not a crime in Calif.. just a mis demeanor. Like shoplifting. Great deterrent to those who would do evil
8/26/2023 12:55 AM
Climate change is like Covid: Both are tools being used very successfully, to control the masses. How can you not miss this? It is So obvious

"How to destroy a nation without weapons" by Joe Biden and the demoncrats.

We have a front row seat, and get to watch this happen.
8/26/2023 12:58 AM
I thought you found our politics boring?? So, why are you still posting about it? No one asked you to. Matter of fact, a few have asked you to stop. You are, of course, entitled to your opinion, just as I am entitled to belittle them as the hogwash they are.

Newsome is twisted and reprobate only because he does not agree with your extremely narrow world view, as is anyone else who doesn't agree with you.
Climate change and covid are being used to control us. It is so obvious. What is obvious is that you are a total whack job.
8/26/2023 1:45 AM (edited)
Posted by wylie715 on 8/26/2023 1:45:00 AM (view original):
I thought you found our politics boring?? So, why are you still posting about it? No one asked you to. Matter of fact, a few have asked you to stop. You are, of course, entitled to your opinion, just as I am entitled to belittle them as the hogwash they are.

Newsome is twisted and reprobate only because he does not agree with your extremely narrow world view, as is anyone else who doesn't agree with you.
Climate change and covid are being used to control us. It is so obvious. What is obvious is that you are a total whack job.
He should post what he thinks. He has never gone over the line with his politics.
My threads are for all points of view.

No matter how asinine you or I may think of his views they do rather fully represent the maga people who are approximately 33.333% of the electorate and the rest of the republicans agree with a great deal of his views.

I am a realist. Statistically speaking we have about a 52-48 country. It is shocking how many people would put their economic views ( as wrong as they might be ) in front of having a democracy.

What I have learned is that 52-48 is human nature and you can find a similar danger everywhere throughout the world.

The 48 need the strongman. I won’t go into why.
But they want it and they need it.

Long story short. Almost half of the United States agrees with LIF much more then they agree with you or me.

That is the sad truth. You have to accept it and it means that the only way that the United States remains a successful democracy is when the massive percentage of the 52 votes.

There is no American temporary insanity.
Trump exposed the truth about the country.
There would be no Hitler unless there were Nazis.
There would be no Mussolini unless there were fascists. There would be no Putin unless there were the people to support him and make no mistake about it he does have the support of the overall masses.

An autocratic leader is the opiate for the almost majority of the masses and sometimes they get the edge and it becomes game over for a long time.

Re LNF - agree or disagree but I won’t tell him to stop.
We need to hear what he says because he is not an outlier for the 48.
8/26/2023 8:23 AM (edited)
The whole argument is unnecessary. America has done a wonderful job cleaning up our pollution. But we seem to continue to forget one thing:

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT WE DO IF CHINA AND INDIA AND A HOST OF OTHER COUNTRIES DO NOT COME ALONG!

It's really that simple.
8/26/2023 10:00 AM
Posted by DougOut on 8/26/2023 10:00:00 AM (view original):
The whole argument is unnecessary. America has done a wonderful job cleaning up our pollution. But we seem to continue to forget one thing:

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT WE DO IF CHINA AND INDIA AND A HOST OF OTHER COUNTRIES DO NOT COME ALONG!

It's really that simple.
If they never come along I think that you are correct but if we don’t stay with what we are doing then there is a zero chance. We and other currently responsible nations are warding off the inevitable and keeping in place a chance for a successful resolution.

The protectors of earth cannot give up while there is still a chance. The window has not closed.

Maybe some punitive climate change measures should be directed to India like world wide hamburger day.
8/26/2023 11:59 AM
It is important to keep in mind that as great as has been done in the USA to eradicate smog the USA after China is still second in the type of pollution that is the cause global warming/climate change.
India is third.

The world needs all 3 to reach the targets.
Maybe when it reaches China and India perhaps they will move away from fossil fuels in time.

There are several windows and each time a window closes that means that some permanent damage now exists.

The fossil feuls will make our descendants into fossils.
8/26/2023 12:28 PM
I think climate change is happening by itself.

I don't believe in an old earth, but if you do, then consider your own science worldview.

It was very very hot. It got very very cold. It's getting hot again. According to modern worldview, man wasn't a part of that. We just now got here.

Next you have to calculate how much man is responsible...how much warmer the planet is because of us. How warm would it be without us?

For those calculations we use math. We create a model, or to be more precise, Models into a computer. The problem is which model is correct. And we can't forget the most important number......MONEY. That's where it breaks down for me.

I'm not gonna write an essay here. I could cut an paste some articles no one would read which support my beliefs. I'll use one small example which is recent enough to perhaps connect.

It wasn't too long ago the debate on alternative fuel cars was between hydrogen fuel cells and batteries. Batteries won. The only numbers that mattered in that debate were financial. The wrong choice was made...unless you invested in the winning $ide. We have unaffordable subsidized cars that catch fire and can't withstand saltwater, child labor mining poisonious metals, the financing of the Chinese military, extreme pollution from battery production and disposal, a faltering economy unable to support the current demands or rate of change demanded by green policy and hostile partisan debate resting on a climate change model we can't agree on which we all very well could have been manipulated into because certain people saw the chance to make a quick buck while quite possibly others saw the opportunity to eliminate their enemies. An even more recent example would be the new policy on ceiling fans which I heard about yesterday. Again....I could post articles on it; no one will read; should you wish.

So.....do we still have a chance? Not unless you get China and Russia in on it. Last I checked...we're at war with them.

Now please don't take this post as antagonistic. I'm being as truthful and pragmatic as I know how. If that makes people angry....well....then we have another problem.

8/26/2023 12:56 PM
I go with the world wide scientific consensus.
8/26/2023 1:00 PM
Posted by Lennybruce26 on 8/26/2023 8:23:00 AM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 8/26/2023 1:45:00 AM (view original):

He should post what he thinks. He has never gone over the line with his politics.
My threads are for all points of view.

No matter how asinine you or I may think of his views they do rather fully represent the maga people who are approximately 33.333% of the electorate and the rest of the republicans agree with a great deal of his views.

I am a realist. Statistically speaking we have about a 52-48 country. It is shocking how many people would put their economic views ( as wrong as they might be ) in front of having a democracy.

What I have learned is that 52-48 is human nature and you can find a similar danger everywhere throughout the world.

The 48 need the strongman. I won’t go into why.
But they want it and they need it.

Long story short. Almost half of the United States agrees with LIF much more then they agree with you or me.

That is the sad truth. You have to accept it and it means that the only way that the United States remains a successful democracy is when the massive percentage of the 52 votes.

There is no American temporary insanity.
Trump exposed the truth about the country.
There would be no Hitler unless there were Nazis.
There would be no Mussolini unless there were fascists. There would be no Putin unless there were the people to support him and make no mistake about it he does have the support of the overall masses.

An autocratic leader is the opiate for the almost majority of the masses and sometimes they get the edge and it becomes game over for a long time.

Re LNF - agree or disagree but I won’t tell him to stop.
We need to hear what he says because he is not an outlier for the 48.
doesn't matter if you tell him to stop. He won't. In my opinion he is a closed minded religious zealot. He can be that if he wants, just as I can call him out on it if I want. You can accept him they way he is if you want. In the words of Jefferson Airplane, "Doesn't mean **** to a tree"
8/26/2023 1:14 PM
GOOD NEWS!

CHINA HAS PROMISED TO BECOME CARBON NEUTRAL BY 2060!

WE'RE SAVED!

I'M ALL IN NOW!

THANKS CHINA~
8/26/2023 2:08 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...11 Next ▸
Climate Change Today or Don’t Look Up Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.