Near future plans Topic

Point is, I shouldn't have to do that...they put out this new stat but only half assed it...like I said the MLB sim equates the adjusted BA directly and you're only guessing about how it translates.
7/25/2008 9:36 PM
I dont know if they necessarily half assed it but they werent very clear about its role and Im not all too certain it has significant impact
7/25/2008 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By monkee on 7/25/2008I dont know if they necessarily half assed it but they werent very clear about its role and Im not all too certain it has significant impact
I meant they half-assed it in the sense that they gave us the FG+ number only and didn't give us both the FG+ and the adjusted FG% number like batting average for the MLB sim, again this was something pointed out by ncmusician and he asked on multiple occassions for the adjustments...I hope its in process...my gut tells me otherwise.
7/25/2008 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by seble on 7/24/2008Quick update:

We're currently testing out the changes to both Defensive ratings and the new offensive range system.

We've removed the boost for All-Defense from the defensive ratings, but have added floors. So instead of artificially boosting everybody who was All-Defense, we just raise the ones who need it (e.g. Dumars, Bowen, etc.).

Sounds more accurate? But how did you decide who "needs" raises objectively? Seems like we have some subjectivity going on on figuring out who "needs" boost.
7/26/2008 2:18 AM
By "raise" I mean those guys are All-Defense and come out below the specified floors, so they are raised to that floor level. For example, if Dumars was generated a 30 rating for some season, but was 1st team All-Defense, we'd raise his rating to 80 or 90 or whatever we settle on for the floor values.

The floors will be standard based on the level of All-Defense (1st team, 2nd team, neither but 8 total votes, or none of those but 1st or 2nd team in another season). So there is no subjectivity there beyond what's inherent in using All-Defense voting.
7/26/2008 10:14 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By seble on 7/26/2008By "raise" I mean those guys are All-Defense and come out below the specified floors, so they are raised to that floor level. For example, if Dumars was generated a 30 rating for some season, but was 1st team All-Defense, we'd raise his rating to 80 or 90 or whatever we settle on for the floor values.

The floors will be standard based on the level of All-Defense (1st team, 2nd team, neither but 8 total votes, or none of those but 1st or 2nd team in another season). So there is no subjectivity there beyond what's inherent in using All-Defense voting

Seble I'll ask again----Can the 88-89 MJ PLEASE be made 100% at PG, it is documented that Doug Collins handed him the PG pos on that team hence the 8 APG. Why is this so hard? Also why isn't Pippen 100% at SG for 88-98? I can understand later in his career, but he was a SF/SG for most of that time stated above, why is it so hard to acknowledge that?
7/26/2008 11:17 AM
We're not changing any position effectiveness at this time.
7/26/2008 11:50 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By seble on 7/26/2008We're not changing any position effectiveness at this time
Why not if it makes the SIM better, and adds new wrinkles to the game? I'd love to try MJ at the PG, but I cant because of penalty.
7/26/2008 11:56 AM
ho hum

8/2/2008 10:36 PM
ETA on these changes, seble?
8/5/2008 3:31 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By jweb1510 on 8/05/2008ETA on these changes, seble
BUMP... still awaiting a reply.
8/7/2008 10:45 AM
Probably a week or 2. We're in the testing phase now.
8/7/2008 12:19 PM
Seble, will we be able to search by FG%# (which incorporates FG% and FG%+)?
8/7/2008 1:48 PM
Not for this release. I think the problem with showing that number is that most people won't really understand what if means. The normalization involves a weighted combination of the league avg FG% of the offensive player, the league avg FG% of the defender, and an average of the 4 help defenders. Since that league avg can be different for every player, it's impossible to show an expected FG% isolated from an actual game situation.
8/7/2008 3:41 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By seble on 8/07/2008Not for this release. (1) I think the problem with showing that number is that most people won't really understand what if means. The normalization involves a weighted combination of the league avg FG% of the offensive player, (2) the league avg FG% of the defender, and an average of the 4 help defenders. Since that league avg can be different for every player, it's impossible to show an expected FG% isolated from an actual game situation
(1) People caught on to the # stats in the mlb sim quickly, I think they'd do the same in the nba sim.

(2) What does the league avg FG% of the defender have to do with this? I thought that (from the defensive perspective) only the stop%, which is related to the defensive rating, and blk% of the defenders affected FG%.
8/7/2008 6:06 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...18 Next ▸
Near future plans Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.