Rockne D2 Job Changes Topic

We go into job changes tonight. It would be great if we could get more good coaches to join. Humboldt should be open and prob a few others. Tired of Sims? We were at 49 coaches this season and have some media style coverage with rockne game plan for entertainment with a link in rockne forums.

Come have fun with us and help fill the division. :)

8/8/2017 6:03 PM
Just picked North Dakota State
8/10/2017 6:10 PM
That's a great conference to jump into, thank you for joining us! We are still at 49 coaches after most of the coaching changes. It would be great to get a few more D3 guys to join in or some new faces when job openings start.

I have a current listing of some better job openings on the Rockne Game Plan site. The north side of the Gulf conference is wide open with teams Quachita Baptist, West Georgia, West Alabama. Bowie State would be a good job to take over and I'm surprised there is no rebuilds going on with Truman St or Quincy.
8/10/2017 8:12 PM
For those who have a team in Wilkinson (the best world, by the way), Rockne is the perfect compliment. Their schedules are pretty much direct opposites, so they fit together very well.
8/10/2017 9:17 PM
Bjschumacher is right on, Rockne is a great compliment to Wilkinson. Our world is flipping over tonight and it would be great to get some more to join this year.
8/11/2017 11:18 PM
If you like D2 come and join up. Two more days to do so. Easy to find a rebuild or if you want a team that is ready to compete now Angelo St. and Ouchita Baptist are both still available. D2 Rockne is the most populated D2 in GD. If you haven't been in Rockne before and need to put in a season at D3 first Albright is available, only a couple seasons since they won the NC.
8/13/2017 9:47 AM
With 49 coaches one would think there is more competition in Rockne. I did an analysis and this is not a knock on Rockne D2 but pretty much my experience each conference is dominated by one school in each world. So does it really mean more fun with more human coaches. Depends on what you are looking for. If winning conference championships with a chance at being a dominant team Rockne might not be the best choice. Lets look at the teams dominating each conference. Virginia State CC 8 0f 9 seasons, Northern Michigan 11 of 13 seasons, Valdosta 19 straight, Texas A&M 6 straight, Cheyney 21 Straight and 26 of 28, Humboldt 27 of 28. Long Island 17 of 18, Winona 12 of 15, West Chester, 44 of 46, Midwestern State11 of 12, Presbyterian 8 of 9 and St. Joseph 30 straight. Most of these schools have had multiple coaches so what is the common denominator. My opinion, vision. Once the school has it there is a built in advantage that is hard to overcome. I took a closer look at the SIAC where St. Joseph has won 30 straight. Over those season the other 11 schools have had 87 seasons with 24 different coaches none of which could dethrone St Joseph under 2 different coaches. I suspect Rockne is no different than in the other worlds. I have had a D2 school in Warner for quite a while. It was not that long ago we had something over 50 human coaches and now we are down to 26. Again I suspect a lot left because they were discouraged. I guess my advise would be to find a conference in a world that you have a chance to build a dominant team or take over one of those dominant teams when they become available. Then of course there are a few who can take a bottom dweller and over take a dominant team in a few seasons. That really has to be satisfying.
8/13/2017 12:11 PM
Rockne is and has been shaping up to be a great world, similarly to Wilkinson from what I have seen. The more the better the competition and dialogues amongst coaches.

8/13/2017 1:50 PM
Kudos to akua29 by the way, great site he has going externally. Keep up the good work akua29, I love checking on your site.
8/13/2017 2:10 PM
Thank you AJ_Scarlato

Ranger, that's a valid point that any new coach should consider. I don't disagree with any points you are trying to make and respect your opinion greatly. I do think if someone is focusing on winning Conference Championships then I would probably recommend that they find a lower populated server or a wide open conference so they have the best chance to experience that.

Rockne is not just about competition (you can find that on all the worlds), it is about being an active community, one that is growing. Why put 8 seasons into a rebuild only to hear crickets when you accomplish something great. I want that coach and others to be able to read about it and hopefully chime in on the congrats!

We do have a good population, great competition, growing award ideas and a lot of good conferences with plenty of room and open arms for the new coaches who join. We don't have any podcasts yet, but more and more coaches are showing interest in contributing.

I'd love to have you join us Ranger!
8/13/2017 3:12 PM (edited)
Hey , don't knock crickets. I live on a farm and I hear them every night .
8/13/2017 3:10 PM
Thanks Akua, it sounds like you have a good thing going. If I were to add a team or make a change Rockne or Wilkinson would be at the top of my list. Unfortunately for many reasons I can't make a move now. I wish for guys to make an incredible world which could only help all the other worlds. I don't know why WIS does not promote the game more. They certainly have the outlet to do so but for whatever reason decide they won't.
8/13/2017 3:35 PM
Posted by bjschumacher on 8/10/2017 9:17:00 PM (view original):
For those who have a team in Wilkinson (the best world, by the way), Rockne is the perfect compliment. Their schedules are pretty much direct opposites, so they fit together very well.
Interesting way to look at it. What is a good compliment to Leahy World?
8/13/2017 10:24 PM
Posted by l80r20 on 8/13/2017 10:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bjschumacher on 8/10/2017 9:17:00 PM (view original):
Interesting way to look at it. What is a good compliment to Leahy World?
I picked Hayes as my complimentary world to Leahy. Pretty much exactly opposite recruiting schedule.
8/13/2017 10:49 PM
That was my guess, camp/hayes
8/13/2017 10:56 PM
123456 Next ▸
Rockne D2 Job Changes Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.