Sayonara, ARod Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 8/11/2016 12:56:00 PM (view original):
"The Yanks are winning a hundred games per season with Jeter at SS."
"Yeah but the stats say they'd win 101.2 if Jeter was better defensively."
"100 games gets you the 1 seed."
"Yeah but 101.2 is more."
"Why does that matter?"
"Jeter should just be better defensively. That's all I'm saying."
Not sure if this is directed at me or not. I never claimed the Yankees would have been better off without Jeter or that he crippled them. Just pointing out he was not very good defensively (mostly from a range perspective) relative to ARod in his prime or other SS's around the league.
8/11/2016 3:22 PM
It's directed at anyone hating on Jeter. The Yanks were easily the most successful team in baseball during his career. With Jeter playing SS the entire time.
8/11/2016 3:53 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/11/2016 3:53:00 PM (view original):
It's directed at anyone hating on Jeter. The Yanks were easily the most successful team in baseball during his career. With Jeter playing SS the entire time.
What does that have to do with Jeter not being very good at defense?
8/11/2016 4:52 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/11/2016 3:53:00 PM (view original):
So no successful team/dynasty ever had a poor defender? Interesting theory.
8/12/2016 9:32 AM
Not sure I said that.

But, when something is obviously working, drastic change seems kind of stupid. Would I have liked Jeter to have been Ozzie Smith in the field? Sure. Can I think of one WS they didn't win because he wasn't? Nope.
8/12/2016 9:35 AM
Having your 3rd baseman and SS swap positions is drastic change?
Wow, what do you call a AAA guy getting called-up and taking somebody's spot? (How many contenders have done that this season?)
8/12/2016 9:53 AM
Posted by all3 on 8/12/2016 9:53:00 AM (view original):
Having your 3rd baseman and SS swap positions is drastic change?
Wow, what do you call a AAA guy getting called-up and taking somebody's spot? (How many contenders have done that this season?)
Exactly. I don't recall anyone saying the Yankees should've cut Jeter. Just that he was a weak defender and may have benefited from a position change when a better option joined the team.
8/12/2016 9:57 AM
The Yankees had already won 4 world Series with Jeter at SS. Why change that?
8/12/2016 10:01 AM
No, retard. Moving your franchise SS, in his prime, is a drastic change. If Jeter is 34-35, it makes some sense. Moving him at 30, does not.

How can you post something stupid each and every time?
8/12/2016 10:02 AM
I don't think it would have been that big of a deal. At least not bigger than asking one of the best players in the history of baseball to move to 3rd.
8/12/2016 10:46 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/12/2016 10:02:00 AM (view original):
No, retard. Moving your franchise SS, in his prime, is a drastic change. If Jeter is 34-35, it makes some sense. Moving him at 30, does not.

How can you post something stupid each and every time?
You're trying to say good teams shouldn't make changes to make themselves better and I'm the stupid one?
Nice try, but you seriously need a reality check.
8/12/2016 12:30 PM
I'm not trying to say anything, dipshit. I'm outright saying it.

You have a franchise SS who is 30 years old. He is not in decline. You have been the most successful MLB franchise since he came up. Why in the hell would you want him to change positions? I'll ask you. Which WS did the Yankees not win because Jeter was at SS? I can tell you which ones they did win with him at SS.
8/12/2016 1:11 PM
It's impossible that you are that freaking stupid. You've got to be arguing just to argue. (You? Really? What a surprise.) Name one single team, in any sport, at any point in history (except the Sixers of the last few years) that didn't look for ways to make their team better, no matter how good they already were. Why did the Yankees even bother to get A.Rod, since they didn't need him to be good? Why is there always so much trade activity in all sports at the trade deadline? Because good teams are trying to get better. Again, slower this time, so you might understand, b e c a u s e g o o d t e a m s a r e t r y i n g t o g e t b e t t e r. We all know the quiver Jeter puts in your mangina effects your thinking, but this is off the charts.
8/12/2016 1:40 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/12/2016 1:11:00 PM (view original):
I'm not trying to say anything, dipshit. I'm outright saying it.

You have a franchise SS who is 30 years old. He is not in decline. You have been the most successful MLB franchise since he came up. Why in the hell would you want him to change positions? I'll ask you. Which WS did the Yankees not win because Jeter was at SS? I can tell you which ones they did win with him at SS.
Well, they won zero World Series between 2000 and 2009. Maybe start with those?
8/12/2016 1:46 PM
Seems A-Rod was there, and sucking in the playoffs, for about half that time. Perhaps his ineptitude at the plate would have also carried over to his play at SS.
8/12/2016 1:55 PM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10|11|12...14 Next ▸
Sayonara, ARod Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.