Moral Obligation? Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 4/3/2017 1:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/3/2017 1:16:00 PM (view original):
OK, fair enough. WifS Fair Play Guidelines are outdated. That's on them. They're allowing it. Doesn't mean it's not cheating.

Example:
In HBD, there was a bug with International Free Agents. Once you saw one, you could add 1 to the end of his link to see the next one and the next one and the next one, etc. If the first was linked with HBDPIayer123456ifa, the next would be HBDPlayer123457ifa. Very few knew about it, I didn't, and it went unnoticed for years. Were those who used that to track the best IFA each year cheating? They could save their money because they knew better was on the way or if this one was the last good one. Were they cheating?
Wizard, were the HBD guys using this IFA "loophole" cheating?

Nothing in FPG about it.

I fully understand why you won't answer but thought I'd give you another chance. Just in case you missed it.
One more time. Care to field this one, wiz?
4/3/2017 2:31 PM
Posted by kashmir75 on 4/3/2017 2:25:00 PM (view original):
So.....now everyone thinks this person is an *** and a cheater, and this being the internet, a few social justice warriors decide to target this individual in recruiting ( I've seen this happen MULTIPLE TIMES) .....has that not "affected" how the game is played? For several schools.

Also note that I said PUBLIC. Not accusing them but doing so IN PUBLIC, rather than taking it to the people who could actually determine if cheating had occurred.
If you're going to bring social justice into this, you better explain who are the cucks and who are the snowflakes. Someone might get confused.
4/3/2017 2:33 PM
May have been asked before, but having a D3 and a D2 team I do this all the time.

Have you never offered a player without scouting them?

Much easier in 3.0 because even at level one, you get WIS projected overall ability grade. To repeat, I do it all the time D2/D3.
4/3/2017 2:35 PM
Late in the process not early. You should have scouting money available early. This particular case was early.
4/3/2017 2:40 PM
As you are fond of saying to others......Address the post I made and not the post you seem to think I made. LOL, I had to say that. Because.

That being said, I was not addressing the OP or the percieved cheater. I posed an entirely different question of morality, albeit, related to the original post in substance.

WIS has acted on cheating coaches before and will do so again if neccessary. If you think someone cheated, then you should send a ticket. THEN post accusations in public. If you have cheated and get called out, tough ****. But, if you didn't or were not found to have done so then you shouldn't be subjected to the court of public opinion based on what you "could have" done. THAT should actually be in the pairplay guidelines as well. Falsely accusing someone of cheating should get you banned (from posting) at the very least. Debate among communities is healthy and sometime enlightening. Malicious accusations and slander based on hearsay and supposition is in no way benificial to the community as a whole and can be pretty harmful to the individual in question for no valid reason other than some people being jealous or vindictive for some percieved slight.
4/3/2017 2:43 PM
Sigh. No one here wants to report anything. I've been called everything, responded in kind and was banned. WifS response was "If someone is breaking the forum guidelines, report them to us. We'll handle it." I'm not doing that.

The OP said he didn't want to create a fuss. He's not going to report it.

FWIW, 0nly said he reported himself. Sent a link. I didn't open it because I was afraid he took a pic of his dick or something.
4/3/2017 2:48 PM
Posted by wvufan76 on 4/3/2017 2:35:00 PM (view original):
May have been asked before, but having a D3 and a D2 team I do this all the time.

Have you never offered a player without scouting them?

Much easier in 3.0 because even at level one, you get WIS projected overall ability grade. To repeat, I do it all the time D2/D3.
The problem would be if you use your D2 team to scout a player to level 3 or 4 and then sign him with your D3 team. If he's only scouted to level 1 by your D3 team but is scouted to level 4 by your D2 team, and your D3 team signs him, that's an issue.

4/3/2017 2:48 PM
The link, if anyone dares open it.

http://i.imgur.com/2Gwaoyp.png

But beware. The SM was titled: suck it
4/3/2017 2:49 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/3/2017 2:49:00 PM (view original):
The link, if anyone dares open it.

http://i.imgur.com/2Gwaoyp.png

But beware. The SM was titled: suck it
Confirmed that's it not a dick pic.
4/3/2017 2:54 PM
Only can't respond to these accusations anymore because he is baned again, so him not responding is not him being guilty.

Only is one of the most helpful players on the forums, him not being able to participate in the forums anymore makes the forums worse. I do not believe he cheated, he doesn't need to cheat. He has 2 IDs because his main ID is full of teams, its not like he made the second ID just so he could cheat with it, he just wanted to play the game more. The teams are 2 divisions apart and the player in question was an international recruit, so the distance away from the D1 school is irrelevant. Mike, you have no evidence as to why he is guilty, but there is also no evidence as to why he is not. He came out right away and said it was him, that's not something a guilty person would do. If he hadn't said anything nobody would be mad at him, but he was honest and said it was him. The only way for this to be settled would be for WIS to check and see how much he scouted the two guys with both his teams, and which team found him first. The accusations should stop until we have more information on whether he is actually guilty or not.
4/3/2017 2:55 PM
Important to note, OP didn't name anyone. The accused named himself.

Beyond that, the discussion is beneficial for the community. In most respects, and on the whole, 3.0 is better about making "cheating" harder to pull off, and less rewarding. One notable exception is in recruiting internationals (any long distance recruits, really, but especially internationals) at lower divisions when you have a higher division team under an alt ID in the same world. To the extent that people haven't thought much about this potential fair play violation, which no one is going to police if active users don't, this public thread's existence is only positive.
4/3/2017 2:56 PM
The evidence is circumstantial. If I was going to cheat, that's how I'd do it. But the timing, 1st/2nd day of recruiting, makes it look REALLY suspicious. And he never answered if he scouted Canada with his D1 team. If nothing else, he could have answered that one. If he did scout Canada with D1, well, there's a problem.

Liars and cheats are sneaky bastards. Coming out and saying "He's talking about me but I didn't cheat" doesn't prove anything. Someone was going to figure it out and tell everyone. Stepping forward could have just been a pre-emptive strike. Take nothing from it.
4/3/2017 2:59 PM
Also, being helpful in the forums doesn't mean you don't cheat. It doesn't make you a nice guy(there's a longass thread in HBD where I offer advice and I guarantee 90% of you don't think I'm a nice guy) and it doesn't excuse you for finding loopholes.
4/3/2017 3:02 PM
LOL. Just giving you a little bit back. I don't waste a minute of my time worrying about cheating or being reported, or being accused for that matter. I sign players unscouted all the time. Sometimes, you just don't have much option due to circumstances. It is what it is.

I don't think he cheated, his teams are generally overall too good on a consistent basis for one instance to define him as a cheater based on 1 single "appearance" of cheating. The guy is a complete ****** and about as abrasive as you can be as far as personal relations with others, but that doesn't make you a cheater, lol. Maybe he's a really nice guy, and my one experience with him wasn't very cordial. But, it wasn't a life altering negative experience either. It happened, it's over, that's the whole story. My 1st impression wasn't good, but I don't feel like anyone should be thrown under the bus without a very good reason.
4/3/2017 3:05 PM
Shoe? Come on, 3.0 certainly makes more rewarding and easier. You can grab D1 player at D3. Easy to see if he cheated, did he scout the player to level 4 with his D1 team? When did he scout internationals and paid for it on his D3... but to me it's not the problem. I think the rule do not fit the new game anymore.
4/3/2017 3:06 PM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10|11|12...15 Next ▸
Moral Obligation? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.