Round 2 Themes, 2019 Topic

Sorry all -- know I am slacking on the replacement theme. Was up til 5am working last night
10/15/2019 3:16 PM
Posted by ozomatli on 10/15/2019 3:16:00 PM (view original):
Sorry all -- know I am slacking on the replacement theme. Was up til 5am working last night
Shame!

Ive already spend 12 hours at work the last two days building different 110 teams to see what I like, how dare you not give me something else non work related to work on
10/15/2019 3:36 PM
Started working on the 110 team. . . . yeah this would of been nearly impossible under the original rules. I'm struggling the way it is, that mandatory 2nd twist will get ya.
10/17/2019 12:20 AM (edited)
Posted by NebHusker on 10/17/2019 12:20:00 AM (view original):
Started working on the 110 team. . . . yeah this would of been nearly impossible under the original rules. I'm struggling the way it is, that mandatory 2nd twist will get ya.
The Oracle has nixed several players I wanted to use because they were a teammate with another of the link guys, and I hadn't even realized they played together. I almost have one roster built, but I'm not sure I like it very much. And it's hard to do anything but start over from scratch, because if you change one linked team, you introduce a different player who can possibly be a teammate of another guy you want to roster. I don't know if that makes sense, but basically once you commit to a base team and build it out you're kind of stuck making the best you can from it and then starting all over if you want another option.
10/17/2019 12:32 AM
Posted by redcped on 10/17/2019 12:32:00 AM (view original):
Posted by NebHusker on 10/17/2019 12:20:00 AM (view original):
The Oracle has nixed several players I wanted to use because they were a teammate with another of the link guys, and I hadn't even realized they played together. I almost have one roster built, but I'm not sure I like it very much. And it's hard to do anything but start over from scratch, because if you change one linked team, you introduce a different player who can possibly be a teammate of another guy you want to roster. I don't know if that makes sense, but basically once you commit to a base team and build it out you're kind of stuck making the best you can from it and then starting all over if you want another option.
Had this happen to me... had a full roster built and thought it was good to go only to get wrecked by a major player being randomly a teammate of one of the link guys in his twilight years. Since I couldn't really fix the problem, some major adjustments are going to be needed.
10/17/2019 1:15 AM
“However, none of the players you use can have been a WIS-eligible teammate of any of the other four players you twisted from your base team at any point in their career.

To check your roster, use the Oracle of Baseball tool.“

Even if the oracle says that they were teammates they might still be allowed if they weren’t WIS eligible, right?
10/17/2019 5:38 AM
That’s what I’m taking away from it. I built one finished team (not even saying it’s great but it’s a team) and one of my original had seasons of 21 and 18 ab’s he shared in his later years so by the rules should be fine.
10/17/2019 5:58 AM
And the WISC-eligible exclusion only applies to the 2nd set of twists?

10/17/2019 10:21 AM
Posted by jbohrman on 10/17/2019 10:21:00 AM (view original):

That is the way I'm reading it.
10/17/2019 11:09 AM
Another $110M clarification. . . does the second level twist have to be to a different season, or just a different team? (For players who played for multiple teams in a season).

Example: let's say one of my 5 teams from the first level twists is the 2010 White Sox. Can I then twist and roster Manny Ramirez to the 2010 Dodgers?
10/17/2019 11:12 AM
So it seems that it's not enough then just to check the Oracle for matches. You still have to check the seasons for WIS eligibility. Makes the process potentially more favorable to us, but it's also an added step.

Was it ever clarified whether your links from the base team to the twist team have to be from WIS-eligible seasons themselves? Or just have been on the rosters? The Oracle will show them as teammates for a single IP or PA, of course.
10/17/2019 11:36 AM
Can I gift an owner that didn't make the cage a free team to build my $110M team? Lol. Joking- kind of.. But I'd consider it.
10/17/2019 12:34 PM
Posted by brianjw on 10/17/2019 5:38:00 AM (view original):
“However, none of the players you use can have been a WIS-eligible teammate of any of the other four players you twisted from your base team at any point in their career.

To check your roster, use the Oracle of Baseball tool.“

Even if the oracle says that they were teammates they might still be allowed if they weren’t WIS eligible, right?
Correct
10/17/2019 10:45 PM
Posted by jbohrman on 10/17/2019 10:21:00 AM (view original):

Can you clarify what you mean?
10/17/2019 10:46 PM
Posted by NebHusker on 10/17/2019 11:13:00 AM (view original):
Another $110M clarification. . . does the second level twist have to be to a different season, or just a different team? (For players who played for multiple teams in a season).

Example: let's say one of my 5 teams from the first level twists is the 2010 White Sox. Can I then twist and roster Manny Ramirez to the 2010 Dodgers?
Good question. Just a different team is fine.
10/17/2019 10:46 PM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10|11|12...15 Next ▸
Round 2 Themes, 2019 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.