Savage II Commentary Thread Topic

The good news is that even as low as I currently rank, right now I have 4 playoff teams. Punting the fifth team entirely is really killing me in the standings though.
9/14/2020 2:24 AM
4th place and then 7-13 free fall to the middle of the pack
9/14/2020 2:35 AM
9/14/2020 3:06 AM
man, i hope no one else is paying a premium for rent in your head.

I own you. You're so easy
9/14/2020 3:09 AM
9/14/2020 3:12 AM

9/14/2020 3:14 AM
Is it possible for me to make him more flustered?
Votes: 1
(Last vote received: 9/14/2020 4:01 PM)
9/14/2020 3:19 AM
You know what, Rob? There is something I actually want to say to you. I know you generally allow me a lot of leeway, and I appreciate that. Here goes:

Remember when you said I was "immune to logic and reason?" I just realized there's something to that. You hold logic and reason in such high regard, and I can appreciate that. Here's the problem: you can be kind of inflexible. It's as if you are inflexible about logic and reason the way people averse to change may be about Trump. Not saying you have anything in common with Trump supporters other than the potential for inflexibility.

I think you fear me as a threat to logic and reason, and tend to respond defensively in order to protect your most coveted ideals. And I get that, man. But I want you to know that because I do not seek to change, validate or condemn the institutions of logic and reason, I am not a threat. I only seek to play a game, try new things, and maybe, just maybe, win a few. Will I enjoy being second in the standings? You bet. Will I relish the challenge of trying to duplicate this success without LeBron? Sure. Is it a huge deal if I can't? Nah. At the end of the day, yours and ash's and ben's championships mean nothing to me. It is just a game.

......and a game that you take seriously, and I can appreciate that because we all love basketball. We come to this game with different levels and kinds of experience, but the one thing we all have in common is that we love basketball. Surely that must be appreciated and held dear in addition to logic and reason. Surely we can come together to appreciate the game. If we have different opinions, who cares? They're just opinions. Nothing you really care about on this site is at risk. I think we'll all think of you as a damn good SIM owner, and I include myself in that.

There are important things to get worried about. COVID, Trump, black lives, healthcare, the post office, net neutrality, privacy, income inequality, climate instability, unintended consequences from technology and more. I would love for you to redirect your energy towards that, not me. I don't matter. Nothing about me is so sacred that I should deserve any of your attention or ire. I know this. If I could, I'd love to relieve you of that burden. You can safely assume that neither of us take me seriously. I'm not so concerned about that, brother. I've got my eye on other things. This is just a hobby for me.

In conclusion, I hope you are well. I hope your family is safe from COVID. I hope you're making ends meet these days. Times are tough. Let's let the important things matter. Family, money, health, security, love, time, and life. I would never want you to feel that way about me, man. Life goes on. WIS is a thing we enjoy in small spurts. Especially at a time like this, let's perhaps put aside our differences and fight for the things that matter, not against each other. I have enough confidence in you, based on what I've read, to know that you won't actually miss the forest for the trees. This is a time for empathy. Let's help put empathy front and center again.

Deal?
9/14/2020 3:49 AM (edited)
Sir Wilt leads House of No Evil to a rare, but coveted 5-0 night...
9/14/2020 8:19 AM (edited)
9/14/2020 10:05 AM
Posted by bds9992 on 9/14/2020 3:09:00 AM (view original):

You haven’t won anything. Ever. The only
place you are living rent free is with your parents my dude.
9/14/2020 10:39 AM
Posted by robusk on 9/14/2020 10:39:00 AM (view original):

You haven’t won anything. Ever. The only
place you are living rent free is with your parents my dude.
nah I live in Jersey City in a ******* closet. A dirt cheap closet, but a closet nonetheless.

jh, come on man, I’m the only one who’s made an attempt. He just hates. Why? Remember, none of this matters. (for the 17000th time)
9/14/2020 10:46 AM
When exactly did I say I’ve won something my dude? Here? Not at all.

you should maybe get your glasses my guy. If that doesn’t work, try contacts
9/14/2020 10:48 AM
“Own” and “won” have the same letters, but they mean different things. You should try Zeiss Glasses Wipes, they work great. Eye doctor visits are important my dude, especially if you have to drive but you can’t tell the difference between words
9/14/2020 10:52 AM

Gaming the system. Sweet variance on empathy.

When the deviation, all things being standard bro, show that you only have 50 attempts of empathy, dude. You can actually "understand" less if you "share" more. Your old empathy is a fossil you cling to. My empathy is the perfect blend of performative rage and passive-aggressive gloating.

The bds manifesto.
9/14/2020 11:14 AM
◂ Prev 1...101|102|103|104|105...132 Next ▸
Savage II Commentary Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.