The debate is on Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 10/2/2016 3:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by sjpoker on 10/2/2016 1:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/2/2016 10:12:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 10/2/2016 9:38:00 AM (view original):
OK. We'll just pretend that Trump's cool, and all will be good if he's elected.
You can't find the article about all the bad things Hillary COULD do? Weird.

There's no need to pretend anything. Trump is a ******* nightmare. But hatchet jobs from daily rags are sort of pointless.
Read this article this morning -
Republican-leaning papers endorse Clinton; what will the Wall Street Journal do?

Apparently EVERY newspaper is endorsing Clinton. Even ones that never did. I read the other articles that were linked too. (Actually thats a lie. The Chicago Times endorsed that Johnson guy).

So EVERYONE is doing a 'hatchet job' on Trump. Seems like that might mean something. Trump is so bad, so stupid, that even the most right leaning papers are endorsing Hillary. You have to be pretty bad to do that.

I'm sure Rupert is monitoring the ratings so he can decide what he'll tell the WSJ editorial board to endorse. I'm guessing they'll say Trump, and hope that - when the smoke clears after Clinton annihilates Trump - they don't have too much egg on their faces.

I'm sickened that the Republican Party got to this point. It used to be my party that had their **** together. No longer.
I don't really buy the whole "liberal media" thing that Trump champions but, truth is, the media is pretty liberal.
Dude, newspapers that haven't endorsed a Dem in 100+ years aren't Liberal.
10/2/2016 3:25 PM
So the same people are still working there after 100 years? I want the secret to their longevity!!!!!
10/2/2016 3:28 PM
The media - is - in general left leaning. But still. 11 of the top 20 newspapers have endorsed Clinton or Johnson. The other 9 haven't issued one yet. They are -

2 Wall Street Journal - might join the ******* National Inquirer as the only paper to endorse Trump
5 New York Post - Not Trump
12 Newsday - Prob Hillary
14 Boston Globe - Prob Hillary
15 Newark Star-Ledger - Prob Hillary
16 Atlanta Journal Constitution - Prob Hillary
17 Philadelphia Inquirer - Prob Hillary
18 Minnesota Star-Tribune - Not Trump
19 Cleveland Plain Dealer - Prob Hillary
10/2/2016 3:59 PM
So every major newspaper endorsed Clinton because they are all liberal? Did they all endorse Obama too or is this a recent conversion to liberalism?
10/2/2016 4:01 PM
Do you think the US is more liberal today than in 2007?
10/2/2016 4:08 PM
Posted by sjpoker on 10/2/2016 3:59:00 PM (view original):
The media - is - in general left leaning. But still. 11 of the top 20 newspapers have endorsed Clinton or Johnson. The other 9 haven't issued one yet. They are -

2 Wall Street Journal - might join the ******* National Inquirer as the only paper to endorse Trump
Papers are a dying breed. Who gives a **** about them?
10/2/2016 4:10 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/2/2016 4:10:00 PM (view original):
Posted by sjpoker on 10/2/2016 3:59:00 PM (view original):

Papers are a dying breed. Who gives a **** about them?
Not the point. The point is that there's a LOT of right leaning people in the media and politics that are not supporting Trump. Actually its more than 'not supporting Trump. They are straight up supporting Clinton. A candidate who is on the short-short list of prominent liberal politicians. And for that to happen, Trump has to be pretty bad. Excessively bad. Overwhelmingly bad.
10/2/2016 5:48 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 10/2/2016 4:01:00 PM (view original):
So every major newspaper endorsed Clinton because they are all liberal? Did they all endorse Obama too or is this a recent conversion to liberalism?
There has been a decisive shift from a somewhat balanced endorsement of Obama vs Romney in 2012 to - essentially - 100% supporting Clinton and/or 'Not supporting Trump'.

Well, the National Inquirer supports Trump. But Trump's good friend 'David Pecker' runs that paper.

Yes. David Pecker.
10/2/2016 5:51 PM
Quit pretending like the Minnesota Star-Tribune matters. Their job is to sell papers. Nothing more, nothing less.
10/2/2016 5:55 PM
Quit pretending that Clinton is just as bad as Trump.
10/2/2016 6:37 PM
I will.

When she's not.
10/2/2016 7:30 PM
DAVID PECKER PICKED A PECK OF PICKLED PEPPERS.
10/2/2016 7:44 PM
I'm still trying to figure-out why b_l thinks Clinton wins in a landslide when all his precious polls say otherwise.
Also trying to figure-out why he says Clinton doesn't s*ck, when we all agree Trump does and yet the election is close as heck - according to polls.
10/2/2016 8:16 PM
Mike - You and more than a bunch of my friends feel that there is little difference between Clinton and Trump. But as I said, a lot of leading right leading media members and politicians - people who would have to be drastically pushed to vote Democrat are being pushed that way.

You may think that there's no difference, but you are in a small minority. So either a lot of us are very wrong, or you and many like you are way off base.

For me personally, I think it is highly irrational for any true Republican to think Trump is the answer. Is ever the answer.
10/2/2016 8:17 PM
Posted by sjpoker on 10/2/2016 8:17:00 PM (view original):
Mike - You and more than a bunch of my friends feel that there is little difference between Clinton and Trump. But as I said, a lot of leading right leading media members and politicians - people who would have to be drastically pushed to vote Democrat are being pushed that way.

You may think that there's no difference, but you are in a small minority. So either a lot of us are very wrong, or you and many like you are way off base.

For me personally, I think it is highly irrational for any true Republican to think Trump is the answer. Is ever the answer.
So your best "sell" for Clinton is that she's not Trump?
Fair enough, since that may be the best thing she can say about herself.
Acting like that's some great accomplishment she should be lauded for is just stupid.

10/2/2016 11:18 PM
◂ Prev 1...10|11|12|13|14...16 Next ▸
The debate is on Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.