Lets debate! Topic

Posted by tangplay on 2/21/2019 9:49:00 AM (view original):
Yeah but that doesn't mean that we should do nothing.

You don't lose sleep over the potential destruction of the human race?
You're a drama queen. LOL.

Destruction of the human race?
2/21/2019 2:16 PM
Posted by all3 on 2/21/2019 2:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 2/21/2019 12:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 2/21/2019 10:16:00 AM (view original):
When God wants to end life on this planet he will do so, regardless of what we do to destroy or save it in the interim.
Till then, he will adapt our body's capabilities enough to allow us to remain.
In other words, we should be responsible, but not fanatical - just as we should with everything.
and what if there is no God? Who will be adapting our bodies then?
Isn't that exactly what you and everyone else was claiming happened with evolution? Living beings adapted to better cope with their surroundings? I just believe God was responsible, and some some incredible stroke of luck. Same moving forward.
what I and everyone else was claiming? I'm pretty sure I've never made any sort of claim regarding evolution here, so how would you know what I claimed?
2/21/2019 2:18 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 2/21/2019 10:09:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/21/2019 9:37:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 2/21/2019 9:10:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/20/2019 10:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 2/20/2019 5:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/20/2019 5:56:00 PM (view original):
When my parents came to this country they had $100 and didn’t speak the language. They did OK. I dont but bad lucks privilege bullshit.
The essence of privilege.

"I (or someone) did fine. Why can't everyone just do that?"
LOL they weren’t privileged. Learn to read.
No, I’m calling you privileged.
LOL

How am I privileged? I was living with them!
You’re missing the point. Arguing that person X did Y so anyone should be able to do Y is dumb. Not everyone has the same life/luck/privilege/opportunity.
My point is very few had it as tough as they did and they did just fine. You're dumb because you cannot grasp that concept. The military takes most people. You grow up in northern Maine with limited prospects. Join the military and earn a skill and some money for college. Doesn't seem overly difficult to me. Ad Hominem. You're clueless about life. Honestly clueless. And you're a liar.
2/21/2019 2:18 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 2/21/2019 12:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 2/20/2019 7:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 2/20/2019 6:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 2/20/2019 5:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 2/20/2019 4:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 2/20/2019 1:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 2/20/2019 12:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 2/19/2019 8:13:00 PM (view original):
If you are temporarily poor, it is misfortune and bad circumstances. If you are permanently poor, you are bad with money.
strikeout, while I agree many poor people are just bad with money, to lump all poor people like that is wrong. Some of them just don't have enough money to be bad or good with.
If they go through life without enough money to be bad or good with it then they didn't make choices that put them in a situation to earn money. America has more than enough opportunity to go around. People just have to take advantage of the opportunities.
I think it is not always that simple. Just my opinion. Not everyone has access to the same opportunities.
It's the rule. There are exceptions to every rule. I'm not talking about the exceptions. And you are right. Opportunity is not equal. I had the privilege of going to a very good prep school. I inherently had an advantage over the kids at the government schools. I'm not saying that getting rich is easy. I'm saying that not being permanently poor is easy. The opportunity is there for everyone to be rich. It's more easily obtainable for some than others, but the opportunity to not be poor is easily obtainable for everyone. It's all about making the right choices.
Strikeout, I am not saying you are wrong, but being that I am not poor, I really have no idea how easy or hard it is to not stay poor. Are you poor, or have you been poor? If not, you really don't know either. Its like CCCP saying a 2% consumption tax wouldn't make a difference to poor people. How could he possibly know? he isn't poor. You may very well be right, but since I have no idea, I won't say that. Like I originally said, it is not always that simple.
My parents made about $800 per month combined until I was about 13. There were weeks where we had hot dogs all 7 days because they were cheap at the time. I lived in a single wide trailer where our power was consistently being shut off. Yes, I have been poor.
Okay. How do you think your parents would have felt about a 2% consumption tax on everything they bought? According to cccp, 2% is no big deal. Do you thing 2% would have hurt your parents? How much did they spend out of that $800 on food, gas, clothing? Say they spent $300 total. You don't think paying another $60/month would have made a difference to them?
2% of $300 is not $60 it is $6.

2/21/2019 2:19 PM
When God wants to end life on this planet he will do so, regardless of what we do to destroy or save it in the interim.
In other words, we should be responsible, but not fanatical - just as we should with everything.
WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP!
2/21/2019 2:23 PM
BL may be clueless. he may be a liar. he may be dumb. But you, cccp, can only see life from your very limited point of view. You're not poor but you don't see how 2% will hurt poor people. You're not black, but you say you've never seen institutional racism against blacks (I know..neither have your two black friends) You say any Jew that votes Democratic is a traitor, because YOU feel that way. You don't have any idea why the vast majority of Jewish people vote the way they do. See the theme here?
2/21/2019 2:27 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/21/2019 2:18:00 PM (view original):
When my parents came to this country they had $100 and didn’t speak the language. They did OK. I dont but bad lucks privilege bullshit.

LOL

You’re missing the point. Arguing that person X did Y so anyone should be able to do Y is dumb. Not everyone has the same life/luck/privilege/opportunity.
My point is very few had it as tough as they did and they did just fine. You're dumb because you cannot grasp that concept. The military takes most people. You grow up in northern Maine with limited prospects. Join the military and earn a skill and some money for college. Doesn't seem overly difficult to me. Ad Hominem. You're clueless about life. Honestly clueless. And you're a liar.
and if it is so simple, why are there so many people living in poverty? Do they like being poor?
2/21/2019 2:28 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 2/21/2019 2:27:00 PM (view original):
BL may be clueless. he may be a liar. he may be dumb. But you, cccp, can only see life from your very limited point of view. You're not poor but you don't see how 2% will hurt poor people. You're not black, but you say you've never seen institutional racism against blacks (I know..neither have your two black friends) You say any Jew that votes Democratic is a traitor, because YOU feel that way. You don't have any idea why the vast majority of Jewish people vote the way they do. See the theme here?
  1. Yes he is.
  2. I was poor as were my parents. They made it out and I have worked since I was 13. I am far from privileged.
  3. I have never seen it. It may exist but I don't know any racist institutions.
  4. The Jew thing is me speaking with my heart not my brain. It is actually of course not true just in my self righteous head.
  5. Most of them vote this way IMO because they feel like the Democrat party gives back more than the GOP. I used to feel that way too. I no longer do. Hell wylie, they elected Omar and she hates Jews. Blatantly hates us.
But I never lie on these boards and I usually sans the Jew thing use logic.
2/21/2019 2:31 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 2/21/2019 2:28:00 PM (view original):

LOL

and if it is so simple, why are there so many people living in poverty? Do they like being poor?
  1. They are "poor" on paper but wear Air Jordans and play the X-Box.
  2. Many don't have the right road map because the Gov't provides too much free stuff.
  3. Tiny percentage just cannot help themselves and those people we SHOULD help.
  4. If you don't want to be poor:
    1. Graduate HS
    2. Get a job
    3. Don't become a single parent.
This is from the Brookings Institute (A LIBERAL SOURCE). Doesn't seem very difficult.
2/21/2019 2:33 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 2/20/2019 6:13:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bagchucker on 2/20/2019 5:34:00 PM (view original):
omg a teen was talked about wrong

how dare they

did he lose a tooth? did someone steal his jacket? WTF are you even talking about
Somebody sucessfully sued McDonalds for selling hot coffee.

I think the teen has an excellent chance of winning some money.
First Amendment rights are irrelevant when one's right to be racist are infringed upon. Or is it really a service to Donald Trump, who hates the Washington Post and Jeff Bezos?
2/21/2019 2:36 PM

LOL

Well, let's see:

My point is very few had it as tough as they did and they did just fine.

My point is that plenty of people have had it just as hard or worse and did not do just fine. So congrats to your parents, they are the exception, not the rule.

You're dumb because you cannot grasp that concept

The "concept" that your parents made it? Yeah, I get that. Again, the point isn't that your parents didn't make it. The point is that most exceptionally poor people don't.

The military takes most people.

Sure, that's an option for some people. It's not an option, for example, for a young single mom or someone with a criminal record.

Doesn't seem overly difficult to me. Ad Hominem. You're clueless about life. Honestly clueless. And you're a liar.

Escaping poverty doesn't seem "overly difficult" to you because you're a ******* idiot who has lived a privileged, sheltered life.
2/21/2019 2:58 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/21/2019 2:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 2/21/2019 2:28:00 PM (view original):

LOL

1. They are "poor" on paper but wear Air Jordans and play the X-Box.
  2. Many don't have the right road map because the Gov't provides too much free stuff.
  3. Tiny percentage just cannot help themselves and those people we SHOULD help.
  4. If you don't want to be poor:
    1. Graduate HS
    2. Get a job
    3. Don't become a single parent.
This is from the Brookings Institute (A LIBERAL SOURCE). Doesn't seem very difficult.
Brookings is technically non-partisan and employs researchers from both ends of the political spectrum.
2/21/2019 3:00 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 2/21/2019 2:58:00 PM (view original):

LOL

Well, let's see:

My point is very few had it as tough as they did and they did just fine.

My point is that plenty of people have had it just as hard or worse and did not do just fine. So congrats to your parents, they are the exception, not the rule.

You're dumb because you cannot grasp that concept

The "concept" that your parents made it? Yeah, I get that. Again, the point isn't that your parents didn't make it. The point is that most exceptionally poor people don't.

The military takes most people.

Sure, that's an option for some people. It's not an option, for example, for a young single mom or someone with a criminal record.

Doesn't seem overly difficult to me. Ad Hominem. You're clueless about life. Honestly clueless. And you're a liar.

Escaping poverty doesn't seem "overly difficult" to you because you're a ******* idiot who has lived a privileged, sheltered life.
LOL - how was it privileged and sheltered when my parents were poor and didn't speak English and I have worked since I was 13? Don't be a single parent. No one forces people to do that. Don't be a criminal. Your response is flawed. Explain to me how my life was privileged please? By the time my dad made any real money I was 18 and in college, where I worked full time as well. I'd love to hear this.
2/21/2019 3:04 PM
The New York Times has referred to the organization as liberal, liberal-centrist, centrist, and conservative. The Washington Post has described Brookings as centrist and liberal. ... Newsweek has described Brookings as centrist while Politico has used the term "center-left."

bad luck WRONG AGAIN!
2/21/2019 3:05 PM
Posted by all3 on 2/21/2019 2:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 2/21/2019 12:42:00 PM (view original):
and what if there is no God? Who will be adapting our bodies then?
Isn't that exactly what you and everyone else was claiming happened with evolution? Living beings adapted to better cope with their surroundings? I just believe God was responsible, and some some incredible stroke of luck. Same moving forward.
Right, but for a species to evolve, a bunch of us have to die.
2/21/2019 3:05 PM
◂ Prev 1...119|120|121|122|123...230 Next ▸
Lets debate! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.