Savage Draft Commentary thread Topic

Sure. Because it's an aggregate contest. Personal preference about winning a championship is somewhat irrelevant. The challenge is to do the best you can with five teams. The owner that wins should have multiple teams that are contenders. Stacking one squad and having the rest be mediocre shouldn't result in the overall crown, but yeah, sure, if it puts you at the top of the bottom half, who cares? Personally, anything less than putting all five teams in the playoffs and walking away with one ring is a disappointment (so yeah, I'm extremely disappointed this time), but that shouldn't necessarily be the criteria for the crown. I like the current point system fine. I like raising the point value the further you go in the playoffs, too - I mean, I suggested it - but I'm not passionate about making any changes. I say let it ride another season and see what transpires.
8/4/2020 4:41 PM
Posted by ashamael on 8/4/2020 4:41:00 PM (view original):
Sure. Because it's an aggregate contest. Personal preference about winning a championship is somewhat irrelevant. The challenge is to do the best you can with five teams. The owner that wins should have multiple teams that are contenders. Stacking one squad and having the rest be mediocre shouldn't result in the overall crown, but yeah, sure, if it puts you at the top of the bottom half, who cares? Personally, anything less than putting all five teams in the playoffs and walking away with one ring is a disappointment (so yeah, I'm extremely disappointed this time), but that shouldn't necessarily be the criteria for the crown. I like the current point system fine. I like raising the point value the further you go in the playoffs, too - I mean, I suggested it - but I'm not passionate about making any changes. I say let it ride another season and see what transpires.
"putting all five teams in the playoffs and walking away with one ring" - my exact goal, that I very much failed at.
8/4/2020 4:44 PM
8/4/2020 4:55 PM
Posted by jhsukow on 8/4/2020 4:55:00 PM (view original):
8/4PM WHOA BOY

https://imgur.com/a/7yG15hm
as soon as i saw the box score i was thinking "jh better have my kareem whoa boy posted"

dude youre the best
8/4/2020 5:26 PM
my goal from the start was the challenge of building 5 competitive teams at once

it was a mistake to undervalue championships with my original scoring but i think thats been corrected...this will be the scoring system for season 2

i do want to make two changes to discourage stacking teams too much..

- you get 20 points if all 5 teams make the playoffs

- if you finish last in your conference its a 20 point penalty

ill put up a poll and sitemail the league about it

8/4/2020 5:43 PM
8/5 AM WHOA BOY

I think this might be my favorite one so far.

https://imgur.com/a/a5cVPj2
8/5/2020 9:50 AM
Love to see you guys using TOWELS!
8/5/2020 1:46 PM
Sometimes when it's raining buckets, you just need to dry yourself up with a few towels.
8/5/2020 1:48 PM
big afternoon for dBKC 3-0
8/5/2020 2:07 PM
8/5/2020 2:25 PM
WHOA BOY indeed
8/5/2020 2:34 PM
3-1
2-2
1-1

I could really use another motherf*ckin birthday right about now
8/6/2020 8:55 AM
Posted by robusk on 8/4/2020 4:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ashamael on 8/4/2020 4:41:00 PM (view original):
"putting all five teams in the playoffs and walking away with one ring" - my exact goal, that I very much failed at.
Well I got the eas(ier) part of that right but came nowhere close to a title, I still feel pretty disappointed
8/6/2020 9:06 AM
Channeling my inner jhsukow

https://imgur.com/a/hJllrcw
8/6/2020 9:18 AM
Posted by dBKC on 8/6/2020 9:18:00 AM (view original):
Channeling my inner jhsukow

https://imgur.com/a/hJllrcw
Haha. Love it.
8/6/2020 9:21 AM
◂ Prev 1...119|120|121|122|123...125 Next ▸
Savage Draft Commentary thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.