Save the AAA Players!!! Topic

Are non-AAA OLs suddenly going to become immune to high #OBP guys, or deadball era pitchers, or switch-hitters, or high % SB speedsters, etc.? Of course not.

No, but that isn't/wasn't the goal behind removing AAA. And I don't think anyone has made an argument that this would be the case.

As for the rest, I don't disagree in terms of cookies in low caps, but it also doesn't address the point I was making, nor do I see the relevance to my point, as such things also exist in wide and narrow player pools. My point was that low cap leagues see just as much variation in league types and draft strategies as open and high cap leagues.

I do somewhat disagree on the effect of dynamic pricing and AAA turning OL into low cap leagues. Dynamic pricing didn't get people to start drafting guys who would have never been competitively useable in OL (1899 Frank Bates) that are useable in low caps. It shifted use of a minority of players who seemed to be relative bargains to players whose pricing is still the same. Look at 1889 Lou Bierbauer. Prior to dynamic pricing he had zero uses. Now he has 30+ Bierbauer isn't a low cap player, he's perfectly suited for the OL level. You're still drafting for $80m with $80m and filling it with players whose salaries are and always have been players suited for $80m. It just priced that minority of players up and out of reach for most OL teams because they could also be viable in higher cap leagues where the player pool is more limited. AAA doesn't have an impact on drafting for the league in terms of cap value. I've gone over the value breakdown in depth in another thread related to AAA trading and again in a thread related to OL Salary Cap.
3/16/2021 5:21 PM
AAA players are not real. So the Messiah didn't die and wasn't resurrected for them. They cannot be saved.
3/18/2021 4:24 PM
3/20/2021 2:41 AM
What's the number of the current OL without AAA that's filling?
Asking because the first non AAA OL I joined is number MLB130938 and I tried joining a new OL and landed in MLB130105, so I'm assuming it will be an OL with AAA.
3/20/2021 4:24 AM
Only 9 spots remain in the 'AAA Player Memorial League'

Created out of frustration to the eliminating of the AAA Players from the Open leagues, and is an attempt to continue the traditional AAA player and the standard Open League format.

Check us out in Theme Leagues !!
5/12/2021 11:28 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I don’t know... there haven’t been too many no-AAA leagues yet, but if the 3-4 I’ve been in, you know what I didn’t see? Anyone complaining about unfair trades or not understanding their AAA player value and running tired pitchers... or any threads in the forum complaining about being taken advantage of... at the very least it seems to have eliminated a knowledge gap that was causing frustration for newer owners. That alone is probably quite valuable and makes this a net positive move.

Besides, you qualify for champs leagues where AAA are still a thing, and you get 3 times the rewards, so enter a team in a current champs league, get AAA, and get more rewards... if owners use the leagues as setup we have a natural new/experienced owner league setup with the knowledge gap removed in the relatively inexperienced league and the gap added to the experienced owner league with added rewards for success in the league that will presumably have higher competition based on experience.

Basically, what people have been clamoring for here for years.

Current champs league filling is mlb130191
5/13/2021 2:29 AM
As one of the voices who was opposed to this decision, the only thing that I am unhappy with is how it’s been rolled out. Which is more an issue of the ancient code/system and not anything to do with the actual decision.

the day all AAA OL’s are gone and the default is no AAA will be a good day.

I think it’s too early to tell whether it’s been a good decision overall though as the impact on new owners is still unknown.

we knew in the beginning, good veteran owners would ultimately not be phased by this move - but are newer owners finding more success? Are they having more damaging fatigue? I still think that the gap between new owners/veterans grew with the removal of AAA, but only time will tell

edit. I want to add that I personally prefer the no AAA. I enjoy knowing who the guys responsible for my success are. But that doesn’t change how I feel it impacts newer owners vs veteran owners
5/13/2021 10:48 AM (edited)
Is this thread still going on?
5/13/2021 11:03 AM
◂ Prev 1...11|12|13
Save the AAA Players!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.