Planned Update - Later this Year Topic

Why not just put the old Depth Charts and Distrbution back in?
2/28/2012 6:36 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by fermor332002 on 2/28/2012 6:36:00 PM (view original):
+1
2/29/2012 2:29 AM
It sure would be nice if I knew who blocked the punt and ran it back for 40 yrds at the end of the first half instead of guessing at it all of the time.
2/29/2012 2:55 AM
Posted by fermor332002 on 2/29/2012 2:55:00 AM (view original):
It sure would be nice if I knew who blocked the punt and ran it back for 40 yrds at the end of the first half instead of guessing at it all of the time.
The engine would just be "guessing" too, randomly assigning it to someone.....as I understand it.

2/29/2012 7:41 AM
Posted by bhouska1 on 2/29/2012 7:41:00 AM (view original):
Posted by fermor332002 on 2/29/2012 2:55:00 AM (view original):
The engine would just be "guessing" too, randomly assigning it to someone.....as I understand it.

Sure. The way that I see it. The whole game is random but I would still like to know. Even see it on the player profile. BLK , TD, etc. No matter who did it. OF or DF player.

Under  stats, player and team, it use to at least showed BLKs and TBs befor the new engin but was turned off.
2/29/2012 1:39 PM
But that's my whole point, I would like the engine to have actually checked on a player's attributes to decide whether they blocked the punt, or made a tackle, or whatever for that matter.  It seems to me that the random die generator came up with blocked punt and didn't use any players' attributes to decide that.  Right?

2/29/2012 2:05 PM
Posted by bhouska on 2/29/2012 2:05:00 PM (view original):
But that's my whole point, I would like the engine to have actually checked on a player's attributes to decide whether they blocked the punt, or made a tackle, or whatever for that matter.  It seems to me that the random die generator came up with blocked punt and didn't use any players' attributes to decide that.  Right?

I hope that's not what's happening.

I hope that the engine is using kicking team's ST IQ and defensive team's ST IQ and coming up with the percentage chance of a block and then "flipping the coin" to see what happens.
2/29/2012 2:58 PM
Posted by bhouska on 2/29/2012 2:05:00 PM (view original):

I get you.
2/29/2012 3:18 PM
Whatever happens in the next update - I do hope it isnt anything significant.  I would rather not even see an update, since by the time it happens I will have built my team to fit the current game.  Is it just me or does it seem WRONG that the "think tank" at WIS would actually want to make changes to upset their customers?  I'm the same as everybody else on here, do I want the game to be better (more realistic) - yes, do I want to have to change the way I do things for my team everytime there is an update - NO.  Can anyone think of another game that every so often changes the way the game is being played?  Didnt think so
2/29/2012 4:18 PM
Posted by fermor332002 on 2/29/2012 2:29:00 AM (view original):
+1
+1  
2/29/2012 7:12 PM
Out of curiousity how "old" are we talking about?  What the engine was like in October or earlier than that.
2/29/2012 7:33 PM
Befor your time.  Just befor the new engine came out. You could make a basic depth chart and use it for each formation or you could set each formation with its own depth chart with what ever players that you wanted for each formation.  Distrbution % for each player for each formation. I do think that it worked better than what we have now. 100% better. I felt like I was at least coaching the team and not the team coaching me. I knew what was going on and I could correct things a lot better than I can now.
2/29/2012 9:36 PM (edited)
When this new engine came out. No one was asking for a new one. Just tweek the old one to make it better. That is why GD lost a vast amount of custemers. The new engine..... Well we will just leave it at that. Why am I staying? Not sure. Just like I am not really sure about how to go about and really play this game after 6 years. I knew befor the new engine but not now.
2/29/2012 9:41 PM
Posted by fermor332002 on 2/29/2012 9:36:00 PM (view original):
Befor your time.  Just befor the new engine came out. You could make a basic depth chart and use it for each formation or you could set each formation with its own depth chart with what ever players that you wanted for each formation.  Distrbution % for each player for each formation. I do think that it worked better than what we have now. 100% better. I felt like I was at least coaching the team and not the team coaching me. I knew what was going on and I could correct things a lot better than I can now.

+1

2/29/2012 9:42 PM
◂ Prev 1...12|13|14|15|16...31 Next ▸
Planned Update - Later this Year Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.