Rule V Leg #52 Draft Thread Topic

A run on Guerreros!
5/21/2016 6:42 PM
Posted by alleyviper on 5/21/2016 6:15:00 PM (view original):
I'll take a guy I've thought about taking a dozen times before but never have:

Pedro Guerrero - Dodgers
I used him when I had the Dodgers. He did quite well.
5/22/2016 12:00 AM
2 picks in 48 hours.
5/22/2016 1:44 PM
I site mailed coach but he still hasn't opened it
5/22/2016 2:14 PM
untimed schedules never work unless you have all of the right owners. I've always favored a slower timed schedule without delay instead of Wait...Wait...Wait... then rush through the draft. I know things come up unexpectedly, but if somebody knows in advance they are going to be very busy maybe they shouldn't join a draft league at that time.
5/22/2016 4:20 PM
I have run many drafts over the years and learned that if you have a timed draft, people who are "too busy" to pick when the clock is off, somehow find a way to make a pick (so they don't get skipped). Without the clock turned on, those people just don't feel the need to make that same kind of effort. I agree with rbow that maybe a "slower-timed" draft on the weekends is a better alternative than 2 picks in 48 hours.
5/22/2016 4:30 PM
Perhaps I'll be in the minority here, but one of the great things about this league for me is not drafting on the weekends. Sure I'm writing this now, but it's a rare weekend where I have time to check the site. Real life tends to get in the way, especially on weekends, and I've never minded starting a league 2 days "later" than would happen with a weekend schedule - especially a league like this one with so many long time players. Again, maybe I'm alone in this...
5/22/2016 5:11 PM
I don't have a huge preference on this either way. It used to be harder for me to run things on weekends because I worked a lot. Now, my schedule is such that I have most weekends off, so it would be more feasible for me to keep up with things. One of the reasons that we've not done a timed draft on weekends is what shaybee mentions. It can be tougher for guys to check in regularly, especially those with families. For example, I know mussopini coaches baseball and has a lot of weekend tournaments. It's certainly something we can discuss, and I'm willing to go with the flow.
5/22/2016 6:32 PM
In the 20+ legs I have been here, this has been pretty much a laissez-faire league with a lot of leeway given to slackers, people who live in an alternative reality and the honestly, truly "busy with real life" owners who find it difficult to make things run smoothly for everyone else. I am OK with this. The only thing that annoys me is when owners pick their teams or are off the board during a drafting round, and still wait days to send in their keeper(s); that is frustrating. Don't know what the solution is but I had to vent.
5/22/2016 7:27 PM
In this day and age of smart phones, I doubt anyone under 60 years old goes more than 24 hours without using internet.
5/22/2016 8:40 PM
I am over 60 and often go 2 days without internet. Not much more than that but 2 days none the less
5/22/2016 10:32 PM
If you carry a phone that has internet access, you can receive sitemails. It is as simple as that. Unless you have a job like Jason Bourne, you can find a moment to check mail.
5/22/2016 10:50 PM (edited)
Posted by tridentric on 5/22/2016 10:32:00 PM (view original):
I am over 60 and often go 2 days without internet. Not much more than that but 2 days none the less
lol exactly!
5/22/2016 11:28 PM
I think the real issue is that drafting is probably the most fun part of this league, that's what makes it so popular. So when we go days without much going on, it would be like WIS ADMIN doing a upgrade where there are no games being played. We all know how that sucks.
5/22/2016 11:30 PM
Posted by ff09 on 5/22/2016 8:40:00 PM (view original):
In this day and age of smart phones, I doubt anyone under 60 years old goes more than 24 hours without using internet.
The dilligafs are over 60, actually 66 next month, and are one of the last 4 people on the planet w/o a cell phone...And we are quite happy w/o one...

And w/ that being said, it is rare for us to go more than 24 hours w/o internet...Mostly if/when 'on the road'...

As to the 'issue' in re this league, who really cares iffn the league starts 'today', or 3-4 days later...It'll happen when it happens...Chill...

DBP
5/23/2016 12:22 AM
◂ Prev 1...12|13|14|15|16|17 Next ▸
Rule V Leg #52 Draft Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.