What should "your" team do Topic

welp… color me shocked
7/1/2018 8:43 PM
Well, well, well. Thank GOD the LeBron rumors can be put to rest! I'm also very happy with the speed in which the free agency dominoes are falling.

Indiana Pacer fan here. I think I was one of the minority that loved the PG-13 to OKC trade last summer. I'm not claiming to be a prophet by any means, but I was overwhelmingly happy to be rid of Paul George. I think he's a follower and for all of his enormous talent, a 2nd fiddle. He is staying in OKC because Westbrook is the alpha dog and is the leader of the franchise. I can't stand either player but I think they are a perfect fit for one another. As far as my beloved Pacers, well, I think we did alright. I knew in my heart that getting Vic and Sabonis would make us a better team. I'll admit that I didn't think we'd make the playoffs (and scare the crap out of the Cavs) but I felt we were finally getting the right pieces in place for a good run.

Thad Young, Cory Joseph, and Bojan Bogdanovic are sticking around and we've already shown the wannabes the door. GR III will be a Piston, Lance and LBJ can blow in each other's ears in LA, and Mighty Joe Young can hopefully find more than just Summer League minutes with another franchise. I think we'll miss T. Booker but I digress. Doug McDermott is coming to town and we drafted UCLA tough guy Aaron Holiday.

I have a great deal of faith that the Pacers' players will all make improvements from last season. PG-13 is long gone, Vic is driving the bus and it's all aboard and full steam ahead. Secondly, I also have a great deal of faith in Kevin Pritchard. I think he'll focus on catching at least one "medium-sized" fish during this FA period. Would Julius Randle be a good fit in Indianapolis? The Lakers will be hard-pressed to match a high offer for him after all of their recent FA acquisitions. Houston signing Chris Paul to an absolutely ridiculous contract now begs the question, "Can the Rockets afford to keep Clint Capela?" For that matter, how can the Lakers afford to go after him, keep Randle, and try to snag Boogie Cousins?

I suppose my point is that Pritchard is slick, and definitely sneaky enough to surprise all of us again THIS summer. What should the Indiana Pacers do? Exactly what they have been doing.

Now I'm just going to sit back and watch the rest of the dominoes fall while simultaneously praying for the Reds to NOT be sellers and stun the baseball world by climbing out of the cellar and making the playoffs! See what I did there? Seller, Cellar... (Yes, I was dropped on my head as a child. Most likely on purpose.)
7/2/2018 4:16 AM
not to be too sour grapey here but PG13 really did show his *** by taking the long term money (which is dumb given the predicted cap jump) to be second banana (to one of the most ball dominant dudes in association history) on a (capped out) team that will flush out in the first round for the foreseeable future - F him
7/2/2018 1:01 PM
Posted by copernicus on 7/2/2018 1:01:00 PM (view original):
not to be too sour grapey here but PG13 really did show his *** by taking the long term money (which is dumb given the predicted cap jump) to be second banana (to one of the most ball dominant dudes in association history) on a (capped out) team that will flush out in the first round for the foreseeable future - F him
Absolutely the truth. Paul has yet again demonstrated how fickle and wishy-washy he really is. My disdain for PG-13 was sour grapes but not anymore. Victor Oladipo came home and shocked us all. I also believe the biggest surprises are yet to come...Sabonis and/or Turner becoming All-Stars too. Do I think Westbrook and George can make some magic of their own? Yes I do. But for now, Carmelo is the albatross around that teams neck.
7/2/2018 3:23 PM
Will that albatross be wearing the Purple and Gold next year?
7/2/2018 4:31 PM
how about next month? there are rumors out in the twittersphere of OKC stretching him
7/2/2018 4:35 PM
It looks like the Lakers are going to sign Rondo and have renounced their rights to Julius Randle. As I indicated earlier in this thread, I questioned whether or not they could afford to make these FA moves and keep their grip on Randle. Unsurprisingly, they could not. I also stated that I didn't know if he would be a good fit in Indy but the more I dwell upon it, the more I think that the Pacers need to go all out to acquire his services. He's still young, he has made good strides in improving his game, his work ethic would only improve playing alongside Oladipo, and from a position standpoint, I believe we need him.

:::Fingers crossed::: in the hopes that Pritchard wants him and more importantly, is able to actually land him.
7/2/2018 6:38 PM
LeBron, Rondo, McGee, Ball...sounds like a fun locker room!
7/2/2018 6:57 PM
Damn, forgot about Lance Stephenson...what a fun locker room

7/2/2018 6:59 PM
Dang...the Pelicans swooped in and signed Randle. And yeah, that Laker locker room should be a blast. And what about the great LaVar Ball? I'd love to see LeBron slap a triangle choke on that dude.
7/2/2018 7:43 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 7/2/2018 6:57:00 PM (view original):
LeBron, Rondo, McGee, Ball...sounds like a fun locker room!
Imagine adding Boogie Cousins to that mix...

Poor Luke Walton.
7/2/2018 7:46 PM
Boogie is a Warrior.
7/2/2018 8:59 PM
damn, one year 5m - rich get richer - perfect for him to rehab deep into the season and get ready in time for the play-offs
7/2/2018 9:49 PM
I need some odds on Draymond/Boogie practice fight
7/2/2018 10:14 PM
I’m a Knick fan. We signed Mario Herzonia for $6.5mil. Talk next June.
7/2/2018 10:25 PM
◂ Prev 1...12|13|14|15|16...20 Next ▸
What should "your" team do Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.