Site Update/SportsHub Integration Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Oh yeah, and I lost season credits I paid for, YAY
7/17/2018 10:52 PM
Posted by zero1940 on 7/17/2018 5:46:00 PM (view original):
log in to second accounts has a lot to be desired, old system was 100 times better
Truth.

And I cannot see my user name anywhere on this page, so who am I?

And I have found a cumbersome way onto the site, and the forums, but NOT to my teams, which would have seemed like the point of the whole exercise. [EDIT: If anyone else has that problem, try the Main dropdown to Home. Worked for me, but still awfully cumbersome.]

Maybe seble could just send an email to each of the email addresses they so carefully collected, giving us a link we could put on the favorites bar. Or would that make too much sense?
7/17/2018 11:20 PM (edited)
I see credits for my team in the usual spot - but then zero $ at top right - what does the $ figure at top right mean?
7/17/2018 11:03 PM
That is your *gambling* account balance.
7/17/2018 11:11 PM
Just wanted to report that in HBD when you hover over the menu options like World etc the drop down will appear but there is a gab between where you hover and the first menu option so the drop down vanishes when you try to navigate. This is on the World Office page.

It worked for a second now it's not working again.
7/17/2018 11:55 PM (edited)
Posted by jfranco77 on 7/17/2018 9:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by shadow35 on 7/17/2018 6:41:00 PM (view original):
Thanks for the hard work guys. It's never easy to perform migrations.

I'm not sure if anyone else is having the issue, but all seems to work fine, except when I try to access my SIM League baseball teams. I receive the following error message.

An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator.

If you are the system administrator please click here to find out more about this error.

I still have this problem. Anyone know what to do to fix it?
I'm still getting the same message for NBA SIM teams too.
7/17/2018 11:16 PM
Posted by grayfoxx on 7/17/2018 11:11:00 PM (view original):
That is your *gambling* account balance.
Something tells me there are going to be a lot more WiS people going over to the other SportsHub sites than there are going to be any of them coming over to WiS.
7/17/2018 11:22 PM
I *hate* that I have to login every time I open up my browser...hopefully that is fixed soon.
7/18/2018 12:13 AM
Posted by myrkur on 7/17/2018 11:39:00 AM (view original):
So SportsHub makes you log in using an email address and then it finds your WIS account via the email address you used at login. The problem for me is that on WIS I logged in using my user name, not my email address. I have no idea which email address I used for some of my accounts. I know that some of them are email addresses I don't even have access to anymore because they were my university accounts and old companies. I don't even know what they are anymore because I don't use them or have access to them. I don't get emails from WIS that I need, so it was never a big deal that I couldn't access them. Now I have no idea how to access my WIS accounts because I don't know which email address I used for them, don't have access to the accounts anymore, and also SportsHub makes you verify the email account.

Before anyone says anything negative, I already know that I'm SOL and lost my accounts forever now. I'm just writing this as a heads-up to others who may not have tried logging in yet, and also, for the off-chance that someone might know how to help me.
Is there really no solution to this? I got my two sons accounts a few years ago, and one of them has a team right now that's in the playoffs (SLB). He can't log in as neither of us remember the email. Sure hope his account isn't lost forever...
7/18/2018 1:11 AM
Seble posted this on the 3rd of July:

"Notes:
  • In order to complete this integration, all accounts must have a unique email address linked to them. For any cases where multiple accounts share an email address, all but one of those will be forced to verify with a new email address. That process will begin today or tomorrow.
  • As part of the process, we'll be importing all WIS accounts into the SportsHub system. If your WIS username is already taken in that system, you'll be prompted to pick a new one for the SportsHub system.You will not have to change your WIS username in that case. You would just have different usernames for WIS and SportsHub."
Everyone had a two week notice to figure out the email situation.
7/18/2018 1:20 AM
Thanks for the response, but how would my son verify his account with a new email address if he can't log into his account at all because we can't remember the email address he registered with?
7/18/2018 1:50 AM
I am logged in under my Aldershot account. So far, this new thing is ................................ grrr
7/18/2018 2:34 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Previous statement retracted.

WIS is now a cancer infested tablet app. Only a matter of time until loot boxes for player boosts show up here.

These SportsHub dudes are total frauds. Acting like they're some edgy startup with a slick idea, basically doing a crappy version of the EA Sports model.

A sad end to a 20 year journey for WIS. Then again, most endings are sad. But not every ending has such villains, if anyone finds out where Minnesota is let me know.
7/18/2018 6:44 AM
◂ Prev 1...12|13|14|15|16...24 Next ▸
Site Update/SportsHub Integration Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.